[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

you didn't set any of the conditionals. You should set it as having spent your arcane cloak mana recently, shock up to how hard you shock a pinnacle, enemy low life + 60% reduced punishment curse effect (for realistic punishment bonus damage, for maximum possible dps just set to low life), 35% increased damage, cast and move speed from haunted, ice nova cast on frostbolt, some number of frost shield and sigil of power stages, power charges from assassins mark/disciple of the forbidden and 8 instances of ice nova from it casting as well as toggling bottled faith on and marking the enemy as on conc ground from it.

Additionally your wand is just kinda bad. The enchant is very strong but your wand looks like its set up for spark not archmage, +gems is basically useless as level of ice nova of frostbolts barely matters, added lightning damage is just worth vastly less than mana and projectile speed is actively detrimental as it reduces your ability to properly overlap ice novas due to how it repeats. You want spell damage, mana and hybrid mana for prefixes and then some combo of spell crit, crit multi, cast speed, DD while focused, crit multi while near unique or rare for suffixes in an ideal scenario, you're missing a bit over 1k mana, which would end up being about 20% more damage.
"
666tyco666 wrote:
Thank you Andy and Fealwen for your suggestions! I have finally found a decent militant faith, I think..

I believe I have followed this guide veeeeery closely, with some funding help.. I am now clearing endgame content, but still feel squishy..

May I get some help on what to improve on? Thank you so much!

This is my current stats
https://pobb.in/6-JWWVXlK0IT

Not sure why the dps shown is so low though.. Would gladly appreciate any feedback! Thank you!!

Hello!

* In terms of your DPS, you have no configurartion set on your POB. There is a lot of config items that need to be enabled for you to see what your DPS will be. Take a look at the POB in the build guide and try and make your POB Configuration window look similar.

* Your Mana pool is fairly low. The goal is to have the highest Mana roll you can afford on every rare piece of gear. You have no mana on weapon, boots and gloves and a very low roll on your ring. The mana pool is a large part of your health pool because we use Mind Over Matter.

* Your chaos res is still pretty low which again may add to some squishy feelings.

* Upgrading your weapon will be your biggest source of DPS increase. The flat lightning damage, projectile speed, and +1 to gem levels do not help us too much offensively.

* Your crit chance is also lower than it should be with Mageblood but I assume this is a choice since you are heavily invested into rarity with the Gold Flask. If you don't feel like you need the rarity, you could change this Gold Flask to an Amethyst flask with the highest crit chance roll you can afford to help with Chaos res and crit chance.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 16, 2024, 11:18:30 PM

"
Hello!

Rational Doctrine works on its own and does not require any flasks.

If your Intelligence is your highest attribute (which is should be in this build), Rational Doctrine allows us to create Profane ground on a crit strike. Our cast speed and regular crit chance is high enough that we will create the Profane Ground almost instantly.

Profane Ground provides our build two items:

1) 100% Increased Critical Strike Chance

2) 10% Increased Cursed Effect (this helps us both offensively and defensively since we are using 2 curses at all times and 5 on big single targets)

Outside of these big effects, you can also get up to 3 implicits on the jewel that can have a smaller effect on the build.

Thank u so much!!!! My little dumb brain understood now the way it works xD Need a way to fit that jewel in now :)
"
"
big ty to everyone helping in this tread

https://pobb.in/TwC-acxWv8K7
mageblood with ralakesh version
1million ehp
177million dps (145million without the vaal ice nova dmg)
100% reduce crit
all res cap

right now my char have a good balance of tankyness and dps, i definitely want to add more def.

just wanted to check if i got everything right in the build , i mostly followed builds from everyone here and poeninja.

*You can get a nice DPS boost if you swap Power Charge on Crit for Intensity and take the appropriate Mastery for Intensity. You should have no issues generating Power Charges with out Power Charge on Crit.

* Defensively things look great. Curse Immune, Stun Immune, Ailment Immune and Crit immune is the goal and it looks like you have all of them in place. One place you can add some extra defense would be in an +1 Endurance Charge corruption on the boots.

* I see one place you can make a quick significant improvement. Your Amethyst flask has "leech spell damage as ES" as a suffix. That suffix does not help our build because we cap ES leech on the tree with Light Eater. You can change this to anything else you like (I would recommend 14% movement speed as your movement speed is a little low right now).

Hi Andy, ty for the insight , appreciate it

1. "take the appropriate Mastery for Intensity"
which one are u talking about?
caster mastery=spells which can gain intensity have +1 maximum intensity , is this the one ?

2. +1 Endurance Charge corruption on the boots = am planning on buying one this week , farming some currency for it

3. for the flask i wasnt sure if it could double dip for both leech, i guess u answer that now lol , will swap for movement speed then
Last edited by blackwarrior37 on Sep 17, 2024, 5:41:04 AM
"

1. "take the appropriate Mastery for Intensity"
which one are u talking about?
caster mastery=spells which can gain intensity have +1 maximum intensity , is this the one ?

that is correct
Thanks to everyone who helped! This thread has been amazingly helpful. I restarted as an Archmage build in SSF about two weeks ago, moved it to trade about a week ago, and over the last few days I converted to Svalinn and then the cluster jewel setup today.

I definitely have room to grow on the build, but I'm mostly out of currency so I'll just enjoy farming for now.

Current build: https://pobb.in/zaRSNOIJWsHh

My list:

1. Cap Chaos res by (once again) rerolling boots, ring, belt & gloves
2. Get a better Corrupted Blood abyss jewel
3. Get a perfect Rumi's flask for block cap
4. Go for good corrupts on all unique items
Last edited by Rusty022 on Sep 17, 2024, 9:35:53 AM
"
Rusty022 wrote:
Thanks to everyone who helped! This thread has been amazingly helpful. I restarted as an Archmage build in SSF about two weeks ago, moved it to trade about a week ago, and over the last few days I converted to Svalinn and then the cluster jewel setup today.

I definitely have room to grow on the build, but I'm mostly out of currency so I'll just enjoy farming for now.

Current build: https://pobb.in/zaRSNOIJWsHh

My list:

1. Cap Chaos res by (once again) rerolling boots, ring, belt & gloves
2. Get a better Corrupted Blood abyss jewel
3. Get a perfect Rumi's flask for block cap
4. Go for good corrupts on all unique items

Nice work!!

* now that you have the large cluster in place, you no longer need life leech on the glove implicit. You can change this to lightning penetration

* I would personally prioritize the Haunted weapon enchant before any other corrupted uniques since you already have the corrupted helmet.

"
Nice work!!

* now that you have the large cluster in place, you no longer need life leech on the glove implicit. You can change this to lightning penetration

* I would personally prioritize the Haunted weapon enchant before any other corrupted uniques since you already have the corrupted helmet.

Haha yup I noticed it as soon as I posted. I also swapped around my gems and removed Wave of Conviction since I have exposure on gloves.

New PoB: https://pobb.in/7k6fw5r5LHVq

Build feels so strong and smooth. I love it.

Question about curses: why Assassin's Mark in helmet? It only curses one target, so just for bosses? Why not put it on the Brand instead, and slot another curse in helm to automate a more regularly-useful curse?
Last edited by Rusty022 on Sep 17, 2024, 10:02:23 AM
"
Rusty022 wrote:

Question about curses: why Assassin's Mark in helmet? It only curses one target, so just for bosses? Why not put it on the Brand instead, and slot another curse in helm to automate a more regularly-useful curse?

This has been a long running discussion in the thread and there has been no consensus and I don't think there is a right answer.

One reason people put Assassins Mark in the helmet is to make sure they always have max power charges up, especially when they have replaced Power Charge on Crit support with Intensify.

Others, like myself, do not use the Mark in the helmet as I prefer Punishment be always in use and I seem to have no issues in the content I run getting and keeping max power charges via Disciple of the Forbidden on the tree.

Choose which ever set up you like better and you can't go wrong.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 17, 2024, 10:26:20 AM
"
"
Rusty022 wrote:

This has been a long running discussion in the thread and there has been no consensus and I don't think there is a right answer.

One reason people put Assassins Mark in the helmet is to make sure they always have max power charges up, especially when they have replaced Power Charge on Crit support with Intensify.

Others, like myself, do not use the Mark in the helmet as I prefer Punishment be always in use and I seem to have no issues in the content I run getting and keeping max power charges via Disciple of the Forbidden on the tree.

Choose which ever set up you like better and you can't go wrong.

Ah, that makes sense. Well I don't really want to recolor my corrupted helm for Punishment, so I'll just leave it as-is. I keep my brand up every so often anyways and the build does so much damage it probably only matters on pinnacle bosses or weirdly buffed rares.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info