[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
Guys, i already follow all the gear but somehow my Attack block is only showing 72 in POB, but the spell block is 85.. did i do wrong?

you are missing the tattoos.
you need 5 6% res tattoos around the red nightmare jewel and 1 +1% to block chance tattoo
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 18, 2024, 10:41:30 AM
"
tufferugli wrote:
I hope that this is clear, I'm not super good at explaining math 😅

Ohh I see, that clear things up! Thanks for the info!
"
tufferugli wrote:

I've seen that a lot of people do that, but i'm not fully convinced...

While I agree with you that Punishment is overall better while mapping, Assassin's Mark is what I use to generate power charges.

By removing it from the Kitava setup we are forced to use Power Charge on Crit in the 6-link which, dps wise, is a big step down compared to Intensify or Crit Damage (something like -10%).

Also, I'm probably Intensify's biggest fan since is basically Inc AoE + Conc Effect in the same gem :D

In the end it's just a matter of preference between being a little bit more tanky or doing a little bit more damage :)

I agree with all these thoughts, however, you may want to try it for an experiment just to see your true power charge up time.

When mapping, you may not need either Power Charge on Crit or Assassins Mark to generate the last couple of power charges due to Disciple of the Forbidden. If the mapping is dense enough, Disciple of the Forbidden does a pretty good job keeping the charges up.
Thanks for analyzing my pob Andy,im really greatfull for your time man!
"
Ozob666 wrote:
Thanks for analyzing my pob Andy,im really greatfull for your time man!

no problem! Keep coming back to ask questions or share progress on anything you learned to help the build. Since this is a brand new build this league with the shield, we are still trying to figure it all out. :)
I have noticed that when ever I pick up a shrine that effects my cast speed, the build feels extra good.

Where else can we sneak in some cast speed on the build?

There is the Mental Rapidity wheel and the Crackling Speed wheel that would give a whooping 32% cast speed but that is a lot of points that would have to be taken from some where. The run to Heart of Thunder would not be enough.

I have seen some people trying Lightning Golem in the shield but I am very skeptical of the uptime. I fear he would be dead far more than alive in any hard content in the game.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 18, 2024, 12:08:21 PM
Need help with the Inspiration Support gem:
I never get to the full 5 charges from the Inspiration gem.
Actually, I only get to 2 charges, but lose them when it tries to get to 3. I assume this is from the mana cost of Ice Nova exceeding the limit (800 mana) which then loses all the charges.
My cost of Ice Nova is 321 mana. So, it makes sense that I can never make it past 3 charges.
Are you all encountering the same thing? Any suggestions?

My pob: https://pobb.in/dKH-HabucDbJ
"
Novgov wrote:
Actually, I only get to 2 charges, but lose them when it tries to get to 3. I assume this is from the mana cost of Ice Nova exceeding the limit (800 mana) which then loses all the charges.
My cost of Ice Nova is 321 mana. So, it makes sense that I can never make it past 3 charges.

hello!

That is not a problem per say. That is just how it works in our build. We are mostly using it for the stat Supported Skills have less mana cost. Anything we get from the Inspiration Charges themselves is gravy.

If you want to keep things realistic in the POB, set your inspiration charges to 2, which on average is about what you have since you go 1-2-3 and repeat constantly.

You will never sustain the Inspiration charges since they will always reset to 0 in our build, but if you want to see it grow from 3 to either 4 or 5, look for nodes/masteries on the tree that lower Mana Cost of skills. Also make sure you have a level 21/20 Inspiration to get the full reduced mana cost on the gem.

I am getting to 4 in my build and that seems good enough.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 18, 2024, 12:54:07 PM
https://pobb.in/8uaisyI8o0kB

Got my defenses upgraded and trying to work on my DPS... however i still feel kinda squishy. Anyone got any idea why?

HP and shield are comparable to Guide's PoB, Block is also comparable... not sure what im missing.
"
"
Novgov wrote:

hello!

That is not a problem per say. That is just how it works in our build. We are mostly using it for the stat Supported Skills have less mana cost. Anything we get from the Inspiration Charges themselves is gravy.

If you want to keep things realistic in the POB, set your inspiration charges to 2, which on average is about what you have since you go 1-2-3 and repeat constantly.

You will never sustain the Inspiration charges since they will always reset to 0 in our build, but if you want to see it grow from 3 to either 4 or 5, look for nodes/masteries on the tree that lower Mana Cost of skills. Also make sure you have a level 21/20 Inspiration to get the full reduced mana cost on the gem.

I am getting to 4 in my build and that seems good enough.

Thanks for the info. I see 99% of the poe.ninja Ice Nova builds use the Inspiration Support gem. However, with all the mana regen I have (around 1500/second with arcane surge up), I'm surprised the Less Mana from Inspiration is that important. I would think a crit chance or lightning pen or something would be preferred, would it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info