[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
Novgov wrote:

Thanks for the info. I see 99% of the poe.ninja Ice Nova builds use the Inspiration Support gem. However, with all the mana regen I have (around 1500/second with arcane surge up), I'm surprised the Less Mana from Inspiration is that important. I would think a crit chance or lightning pen or something would be preferred, would it?

it is a good question.

The general fear I think is that Ice Nova's mana can balloon to around 550 mana with out Inspiration.

So depending on your cast speed, you could easily drain your mana faster than the mana regen can recover it. For example, say you cast 5 times a second, that would be 2750 mana used per second (if mana cost of skill is 550). My mana regen is only 1650ish, although we also have other ways to recover mana.

Keep in mind that damage taken and arcane cloak will also be eating into your mana pool along with the escalated mana cost of Ice Nova if you remove Inspiration.

You could try and find a cheap 6 blue Cloak of Defiance armor and test it out to see how it feels.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 18, 2024, 2:15:42 PM
How viable is this variant when i cant afford The Red Nightmare gem yet ?
Is the high blockchance something mandatory, or can i get that gem later when i have more currency ?
Last edited by Turbopuschel1 on Aug 18, 2024, 3:13:24 PM
"
Turbopuschel1 wrote:
Is the high blockchance something mandatory, or can i get that gem later when i have more currency ?

you'll lose a bunch of attack block (around 24%) and i don't know how well the build can perform with such a loss.

imho is better to stick to the non-block variation to grind a little more currency in order to fully transition
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
Turbopuschel1 wrote:

you'll lose a bunch of attack block (around 24%) and i don't know how well the build can perform with such a loss.

imho is better to stick to the non-block variation to grind a little more currency in order to fully transition

https://pobb.in/8uaisyI8o0kB

Any advice on being less squishy despite (seemingly) being on the same level defensively as your PoB? Tried T17s and got the floor wiped with myself. Didnt die instantly, but was not able to finish the map >_>
"
Renen wrote:

Got my defenses upgraded and trying to work on my DPS... however i still feel kinda squishy. Anyone got any idea why?

HP and shield are comparable to Guide's PoB, Block is also comparable... not sure what im missing.

* Your elemental resistances are under capped. You are going to die a lot in hard content if you have a curse on you that effects your resistances.

* Bottled Faith is a great end game damage flask when you have multiple layers of defense but it won't help that much when you are dying

* You are missing quality on three of your flasks, meaning your uptime of those flasks is lower than it should be. Rumi's in particular can get you killed when it is down since it will remove block chance

* On your boot implicit, try to get Action Speed or Chaos res

* In general you still need levels (gems and character). There is a lot of power creep in the build so get to 97 or 98 if you can. Level 90, with your gear is not going to cut it in T17's as you have found out.
"
Renen wrote:

Any advice on being less squishy despite (seemingly) being on the same level defensively as your PoB? Tried T17s and got the floor wiped with myself. Didnt die instantly, but was not able to finish the map >_>

Everything that Andy said is true.

Other than that, although this build is (in my opinion) pretty tanky, you still need to kill the mobs pretty fast, and right now your dps is kinda low.

You still have to allocate Arcane Potency, Disciple of the Forbidden and their masteries.
You are not using the ele weakness enchant on your wand.
You are not using a watcher's eye
Your Kitava doesn't have +1 power charge corruption.

All of those things will basically double your dps.

Don't get me wrong, those are NOT mandatory to play the build, but they became mandatory if your trying to tackle the hardest content in the game (T17).
You need a very min/maxed build to do those.

Passing from T16 to T17 it's not like passing from T15 to T16, it's more like passing directly from T1 to T16. It's a very big step.
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 18, 2024, 5:20:27 PM
btw,
tomorrow i'm going on vacation for a week, so i don't know how much I will be able to follow the thread.

in the meantime i've updated the PoBs to better reflect the real damage in game (punishment, for example, it's not always active).

I also added a version of the build which uses a Large Cluster Jewel.
This version swap a lot of things around and reaches 88/88 block while gaining a bunch of dps and corrupted blood immunity.

I consider it a step forward, so I highly suggest to check it out.

You can find it in PoB section.
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 18, 2024, 5:44:38 PM
"
tufferugli wrote:
btw,
tomorrow i'm going on vacation for a week, so i don't know how much I will be able to follow the thread.

in the meantime i've updated the PoBs to better reflect the real damage in game (punishment, for example, it's not always active).

I also added a version of the build which uses a Large Cluster Jewel.
This version swap a lot of things around and reaches 88/88 block while gaining a bunch of dps and corrupted blood immunity.

I consider it a step forward, so I highly suggest to check it out.

You can find it in PoB section.

fantastic work!! I will try and answer what ever questions come up while you are away. I love the cluster jewel set up. I am going to play with my tree to see if I can fit that after I get my Mageblood up and running.

I like the Punishment config, it smooths out the DPS better on average in the POB. Although, the punishment reduced effect should be something closer to 65% reduced effect, since we spend more time in the non low life portion of damage than we do in the low life portion, where we damage faster and spend less time in that half of the monsters life pool.
I'm not being able to apply the tatoo's to the 'Faith and Steel' and 'Holy Dominion' nodes. Is there a stupid reason for this? Great build, enjoying it lots. Thanks
"
Greyrat65 wrote:
I'm not being able to apply the tatoo's to the 'Faith and Steel' and 'Holy Dominion' nodes. Is there a stupid reason for this? Great build, enjoying it lots. Thanks

hello!

Just to be clear, Tattoo's only can be attached to strength, intelligence, or dexterity nodes (typically the small +10 nodes).

The tattoo's we use all go on the +10 strength nodes. Make sure the 6% to Fire Res tattoos are installed with in the red nightmare's circle so that they can be converted to block by the Red Nightmare.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 18, 2024, 10:45:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info