[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
@tufferugli, If you have not done so already, I think you can easily raise your Attack Block from 85 to 88 using strength tattoo's. The POB listed in the guide shows you should have the room to improve that one stat.

i've added a perfect rumi and one of the tattoo you mentioned in the pob.

it now shows 88% block and 84% spell block
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
@tufferugli, If you have not done so already, I think you can easily raise your Attack Block from 85 to 88 using strength tattoo's. The POB listed in the guide shows you should have the room to improve that one stat.

i've added a perfect rumi and one of the tattoo you mentioned in the pob.

it now shows 88% block and 84% spell block

beautiful!

Also, one note on the guide: Killing all bandits are no longer 2 passive points, they are only 1.
"
"
Ozob666 wrote:
Im dying all the time and i dont know wath i did wrong lol rip,is there any map mods that break this build?

Maybe im just stupid,but wath essentially makes me tanky in this build? its just the junction of svalin with red nightmare?

im new in the game btw

Great guide man,sorry to bother but im having some troubles lol

I will wait for a answer thank you!

can you provide a Path of Building link and we can take a look for you?

There are two maps mods that the build can not do:

-Ele Reflect and No Regen

Then there are a bunch of map mods that can cause problem including:

-Reduced block, Hex proof, reduced effect of curses, and others.

https://pobb.in/PvyFj6k-YXWE

I know i need more levels and the rest of the jewels,but i think the ones im missing only increase my damage,my problem is really dying all the time and dont even knowing wath killed me

A lot of times i die after i kill the enemies and i dont even see my health going down

If you guys could take a look i would be really greatfull,because i made the shift for this block style im poor now lmao,i really want to make it work
"
Ozob666 wrote:
"
"
Ozob666 wrote:
Im dying all the time and i dont know wath i did wrong lol rip,is there any map mods that break this build?

Maybe im just stupid,but wath essentially makes me tanky in this build? its just the junction of svalin with red nightmare?

im new in the game btw

Great guide man,sorry to bother but im having some troubles lol

I will wait for a answer thank you!

can you provide a Path of Building link and we can take a look for you?

There are two maps mods that the build can not do:

-Ele Reflect and No Regen

Then there are a bunch of map mods that can cause problem including:

-Reduced block, Hex proof, reduced effect of curses, and others.

https://pobb.in/PvyFj6k-YXWE

I know i need more levels and the rest of the jewels,but i think the ones im missing only increase my damage,my problem is really dying all the time and dont even knowing wath killed me

A lot of times i die after i kill the enemies and i dont even see my health going down

If you guys could take a look i would be really greatfull,because i made the shift for this block style im poor now lmao,i really want to make it work

* Your block chance is a bit low. The goal is to get as close to 88/87 as possible

* You have -52% chaos resistance, which means you are going to fall over and die with any semi decent chaos damage coming your way as your max hit for chaos is barely over 8k. You have to improve this significantly.

* Your POB only has 4 flasks in it. Are you missing a 5th flask?

* Your quicksilver flask has a useless affix on it. You don't need any extra ele resists. You are ridiculously over capped on Fire and Cold. Swap some of those over capped resists for Chaos Resist

* Your gloves and boots have evasion bases. The build does not want any evasion as we perform better when we get hit and get a chance to block to proc our shield spells. You want to change those bases to non evasion in the future

* Your boots are missing the eldritch implicits

* Your glove has a wasted eldritch implicit of adding cold damage to attacks. We are a spell casting build, not an attack build. Change this to "Chance to Unnerve on hit"

* You made a mistake on your tree. When you pathed to the socket for Unnatural Instinct, you went the wrong way around the circle. You want to take the life regen nodes, not the mana nodes....
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 18, 2024, 3:26:34 AM
@tufferugli, I have a suggestion for your curse set up.

I would recommend swapping Punishment and Assassins Mark.

Since Assassins Mark is meant for only 1 enemy, it functions much better under Arcanist Brand control (which is meant for single target). With the Mark in the helmet, you have no control over the single target curse location, which is very important for Assassins Mark.

And in turn, Punishment will function much better in the helmet since it will do much better cursing a ton of enemies at once, and specifically debilitating them for a great defensive layer while mapping.

"
OK I have been tinkering around in POB and I would like to run an idea by you guys.

1) remove the 7 points to Light Eater (in your tree I think this would be 6), and remove the two points to Purity of Flesh

2) With those 9 free points, use the cluster jewel socket at the top to install 1 large cluster jewel.

We will use 5 points on the jewel as follows:

*1 node will be Doryani's Lesson (lightning pen and life leech)
*1 node will be Storm Drinker (damage and ES leech)
*1 node will be a socket for Watcher Eye (using mods that fit your aura of choice, I will be capping chaos res with mine). If you already have watcher's eye, choose the best jewel possible for your build here.
*1 node will be a socket for a corrupted blood immunity jewel with mana and crit multi
*1 travel node

And this leaves me 1 free point to use in a mastery of my choice (in your tree this would not be used)

3) The cluster jewel now frees up an implicit on the gloves as we don't need life leech any more on the gloves. This can be replaced with Lightning Exposure, which in turn free's up a gem slot since Wave of Conviction won't be needed any more.

4) The watchers eye gives us Mana, Life and ES, helping to remove the downside of losing Purity of Flesh and once I cap chaos res with Watchers Eye, I can free up an implicit on my boots for Action Speed.

I love everything about this change except for one REALLY big thing. We lose the 10% instant leech and I worry that could have a big effect on the feel of the build (although I do see plenty of level 100 builds on poeninja that don't use the instant leech).

I tried to simulate this change in the game and I have to say I do not like the feel of losing the instant leech. The instant leech always makes me feel like I can cap my ES so quickly but once that instant 10% was removed, it just felt too slow to recover ES in the heaviest content (late wave ultimatums, late wave simulacrum etc).

I don't think a solution for this exists but I will look around to see if there is any other way to get instant leech into the build.
How do you get 88/84% block? I looked at the PoB's calculation section it shows only 65/60 but overall is 88/84. Where does the extra 23/24% block came from?
"
zeroad12x wrote:
How do you get 88/84% block? I looked at the PoB's calculation section it shows only 65/60 but overall is 88/84. Where does the extra 23/24% block came from?

Svalinn makes your block chance Lucky.
What Lucky means is that every "roll" is doubled and only the best result is kept.

For example, if you normally have 50% chance to block, the double roll of Lucky bumps it to 75%.

I will try to explain the math behind it.

Let's assume that our block chance is 50%
When something try to hit us block chance is rolled and we can expect just 2 outcomes:

"
A-50%
Roll: Success

B-50%
Roll: Fail

We have 1 favorable result out of 2 (which is correct, since we have 50% block chance)

With Svalinn every attempt is rolled twice, so the possible outcomes become 4:

"
A-25%
Roll1: Success
Roll2: Success

B-25%
Roll1: Success
Roll2: Fail

C-25%
Roll1: Fail
Roll2: Success

D-25%
Roll1: Fail
Roll2: Fail

Just the best result from the 2 rolls is kept, so now we have 3 favourable outcome out of 4 (75% block chance)

I hope that this is clear, I'm not super good at explaining math 😅
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 18, 2024, 11:19:45 AM
"
@tufferugli, I have a suggestion for your curse set up.

I would recommend swapping Punishment and Assassins Mark.

Since Assassins Mark is meant for only 1 enemy, it functions much better under Arcanist Brand control (which is meant for single target). With the Mark in the helmet, you have no control over the single target curse location, which is very important for Assassins Mark.

And in turn, Punishment will function much better in the helmet since it will do much better cursing a ton of enemies at once, and specifically debilitating them for a great defensive layer while mapping.

I've seen that a lot of people do that, but i'm not fully convinced...

While I agree with you that Punishment is overall better while mapping, Assassin's Mark is what I use to generate power charges.

By removing it from the Kitava setup we are forced to use Power Charge on Crit in the 6-link which, dps wise, is a big step down compared to Intensify or Crit Damage (something like -10%).

Also, I'm probably Intensify's biggest fan since is basically Inc AoE + Conc Effect in the same gem :D

In the end it's just a matter of preference between being a little bit more tanky or doing a little bit more damage :)

"

I tried to simulate this change in the game and I have to say I do not like the feel of losing the instant leech. The instant leech always makes me feel like I can cap my ES so quickly but once that instant 10% was removed, it just felt too slow to recover ES in the heaviest content (late wave ultimatums, late wave simulacrum etc).

I don't think a solution for this exists but I will look around to see if there is any other way to get instant leech into the build.

I was curious to see if the insta leech could be abandoned so I've removed the mastery and I did a couple of "hard" t16 (delirium, beyond etc etc), but I came to the same conclusion...

When I was swarmed by mobs the normal leech felt too slow. I didn't die, but it felt pretty sketchy. Insta leech in those situation makes you feel super tanky/safe.

I have to say that against single target its not so bad, so if you just want to focus on heavy bossing I feel that you can cut it, but only in that case.
If you want to do "a little bit of everything" I recommend to keep the mastery

Speaking of masteries, it's a couple od days that I'm playing without the 10% of Damage Taken Recouped as Mana mastery and, honestly, I'm not missing it.
It was good before the block transition, but now I feel that is pretty much useless.
I've updated all the trees in the build.
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 18, 2024, 10:46:19 AM
Guys, i already follow all the gear but somehow my Attack block is only showing 72 in POB, but the spell block is 85.. did i do wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info