[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

Okay thanks a lot. Looks like in guide hes getting another 20% fire/10% block from the two larger nodes, so it was confusing. I see now that its auto applied to the nodes. whoops
What would you say is the absolute bare minimum for the build to work while mapping. obviously we want to do most amount of damage, but what gear specifically would you say is the minimum for red maps?
Hi all,

Firstly thanks for the build, i'm having a blast! I'd really appreciate some feedback on where to head next as i've no doubt there's some glaringly obvious changes that are staring me in the face.. Thoughts on the explicit modifiers enchant? Not sure if I should replace it with ele weakness?

Also i've got a spare gem socket, what would be the best use for it?

https://pobb.in/a42_zD8_fwSs

Thank you in advance ^_^
"
Dexamd wrote:
What would you say is the absolute bare minimum for the build to work while mapping. obviously we want to do most amount of damage, but what gear specifically would you say is the minimum for red maps?

Pretty much what you see in the guide for the uniques, but you don't need great rolls for the build to function. You can save a ton of money if you just get the worst rolls on the various items. For example a 15% Block shield is going to be multiple divines but if you just get a poorly rolled shield, it will cost you only 50c. Do that for all the uniques and you can get up and running much cheaper.

And then for the rares, just get what you can to cap your ele resists and what you can afford for mana, life and chaos resists.

Then replace 1 piece at a time with a well rolled item as you map and gain currency.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 19, 2024, 6:39:17 AM
"
Thyphonic wrote:
Hi all,

Firstly thanks for the build, i'm having a blast! I'd really appreciate some feedback on where to head next as i've no doubt there's some glaringly obvious changes that are staring me in the face.. Thoughts on the explicit modifiers enchant? Not sure if I should replace it with ele weakness?

Also i've got a spare gem socket, what would be the best use for it?

https://pobb.in/a42_zD8_fwSs

Thank you in advance ^_^

hello! Thank you for posting your POB, here is some feedback for you

*Yes, change the weapon enchant to Elemental Weakness

*I am unsure the Caster Mastery is super useful for us. I have to do some more research on this but I don't think any of our automatic spells (shield spells, helmet spells and arcane cloak), will work in this because we are not actually casting them. So in reality we only cast very very few different spells that would benefit from this mastery. But don't change it per say, I just wanted to mention this to put it out there for discussion. IMO, the Disciple of Fortune point you don't yet have is FAR more impactful. At the very least, leave this caster mastery point for fairly late as there are many other impactful nodes you can take while leveling.

* Your chaos res is very low as you likely know. You will need to improve this going forward. You can do that by improving your rare gear one piece at a time. The first thing to replace is the Unset ring. I can't think of any useful skill to use in the socket and you are wasting a valuable implicit there. You could pick up an Amethyst ring and get 30 Chaos res for very cheap on just the implicit alone. You could also consider replacing Bottled Faith for the time being with an amethyst flask if you are experiencing any trouble surviving, until you upgrade your gear.

* As you gain currency, start to upgrade the appropriate gems from 20/20 to 21/20

* Put quality on the Sigil of Power gem as you are losing a nice defensive layer by not having quality there

"
Pretty much what you see in the guide for the uniques, but you don't need great rolls for the build to function. You can save a ton of money if you just get the worst rolls on the various items. For example a 15% Block shield is going to be multiple divines but if you just get a poorly rolled shield, it will cost you only 50c. Do that for all the uniques and you can get up and running much cheaper.

And then for the rares, just get what you can to cap your ele resists and what you can afford for mana, life and chaos resists.

Then replace 1 piece at a time with a well rolled item as you map and gain currency.

Thank you for the speedy reply. To put a more direct question, can the build work in maps without a couple of the jewels? The red nightmare being the heaviest hitter. It and the 2 jewels you use to cross over on the tree are the only uniques in missing. If I had decent rares, could it work in red maps?
"
Dexamd wrote:
"

Thank you for the speedy reply. To put a more direct question, can the build work in maps without a couple of the jewels? The red nightmare being the heaviest hitter. It and the 2 jewels you use to cross over on the tree are the only uniques in missing. If I had decent rares, could it work in red maps?

Hmmm, I think so, but there is a big difference between T16 hard map mods and T11 with easy map mods. If you are talking about the latter, then yes, the build will function with out those jewels. If you are talking about the former, I would expect you to die periodically. Anything in between you would need to test but i think it would be ok.

Focus on getting Red Nightmare jewel first as with along with the tattoos, that will give you a ton of block and survivability.
Excellent version. Great tank and more damage. Thank you for your work, you saved this built for me.
the place that we rented has wifi!
i won't be able to use pob (my laptop is a mac), but at least I will be able to read the messages at least once a day :)

"

*I am unsure the Caster Mastery is super useful for us. I have to do some more research on this but I don't think any of our automatic spells (shield spells, helmet spells and arcane cloak), will work in this because we are not actually casting them. So in reality we only cast very very few different spells that would benefit from this mastery. But don't change it per say, I just wanted to mention this to put it out there for discussion. IMO, the Disciple of Fortune point you don't yet have is FAR more impactful. At the very least, leave this caster mastery point for fairly late as there are many other impactful nodes you can take while leveling.

I find that mastery pretty great.
It's true that it doesn't work with triggered spells, but it grants basically always 12% increased cast speed (ice nova, frostblink).
I think that for 1 passive point 12% (sometimes 18%) inc cast speed is pretty good.

But I also agree with you that other passives (like disciple as you have mentioned) are more impactful if you are missing passive points and needing to cut something
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 19, 2024, 5:34:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info