[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

OK I have been tinkering around in POB and I would like to run an idea by you guys.

1) remove the 7 points to Light Eater (in your tree I think this would be 6), and remove the two points to Purity of Flesh

2) With those 9 free points, use the cluster jewel socket at the top to install 1 large cluster jewel.

We will use 5 points on the jewel as follows:

*1 node will be Doryani's Lesson (lightning pen and life leech)
*1 node will be Storm Drinker (damage and ES leech)
*1 node will be a socket for Watcher Eye (using mods that fit your aura of choice, I will be capping chaos res with mine). If you already have watcher's eye, choose the best jewel possible for your build here.
*1 node will be a socket for a corrupted blood immunity jewel with mana and crit multi
*1 travel node

And this leaves me 1 free point to use in a mastery of my choice (in your tree this would not be used)

3) The cluster jewel now frees up an implicit on the gloves as we don't need life leech any more on the gloves. This can be replaced with Lightning Exposure, which in turn free's up a gem slot since Wave of Conviction won't be needed any more.

4) The watchers eye gives us Mana, Life and ES, helping to remove the downside of losing Purity of Flesh and once I cap chaos res with Watchers Eye, I can free up an implicit on my boots for Action Speed.

I love everything about this change except for one REALLY big thing. We lose the 10% instant leech and I worry that could have a big effect on the feel of the build (although I do see plenty of level 100 builds on poeninja that don't use the instant leech).

Thoughts/comments?

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 17, 2024, 11:14:46 PM
"
tufferugli wrote:
I did my first Uber Sirus fight ever :D

spoiler: it wasn't deathless, but being my first attempt at it I'm still happy with the result.

I also believe that all the deaths were pretty much avoidable by having more knowledge of the fight (and being a better player than me, which should be pretty easy).

I went in clueless about the Uber version of the fight, so I didn't expext the arena to become so much messier.

There are a lot of dots in the arena (probably the only thing that wrecks this build).

Also, it's probably time to stop going around with 0% chaos res 😅

Anyway, here's the video

congrats!! I have never taken on a Uber as I suck at boss fights.

The visual clarity is outstanding with this build :)

If you want to fight him again, get a corrupted blood immunity jewel, it will save you from using the life flask so often and keep it for other needs. Sirus constantly applies corrupted blood
yeah, now i remember that back in the day that was what we were doing for the normal fight, but then it bacame so powercrept that i stopped caring and forgot about it 😅
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 17, 2024, 2:04:29 PM
Trying the build, can anyone give any advice on things that can be changed/added aside from getting some more levels obviously.

https://pobb.in/W5fzmv7K-_yn
Last edited by Renen on Aug 17, 2024, 5:06:08 PM
"
Renen wrote:
Trying the build, can anyone give any advice on things that can be changed/added aside from getting some more levels obviously.

Hello. You are off to a good start. Things you can add include

Helmet power charge corruption
Weapon enchant
Glove implicits
Im dying all the time and i dont know wath i did wrong lol rip,is there any map mods that break this build?

Maybe im just stupid,but wath essentially makes me tanky in this build? its just the junction of svalin with red nightmare?

im new in the game btw

Great guide man,sorry to bother but im having some troubles lol

I will wait for a answer thank you!
"
Ozob666 wrote:
Im dying all the time and i dont know wath i did wrong lol rip,is there any map mods that break this build?

Maybe im just stupid,but wath essentially makes me tanky in this build? its just the junction of svalin with red nightmare?

im new in the game btw

Great guide man,sorry to bother but im having some troubles lol

I will wait for a answer thank you!

can you provide a Path of Building link and we can take a look for you?

There are two maps mods that the build can not do:

-Ele Reflect and No Regen

Then there are a bunch of map mods that can cause problem including:

-Reduced block, Hex proof, reduced effect of curses, and others.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 17, 2024, 7:54:06 PM
"
"
Renen wrote:

Weapon enchant
Glove implicits

https://pobb.in/86M_CtBc_vWV

Got some upgrades and some levels but still find myself dying in even T15 maps. Do i need more block or is it something else?
"
Renen wrote:
"
"
Renen wrote:

Weapon enchant
Glove implicits

https://pobb.in/86M_CtBc_vWV

Got some upgrades and some levels but still find myself dying in even T15 maps. Do i need more block or is it something else?

*Some of your ele resists are undercapped. That should be fixed before anything else.

*The build is designed to be 85/83 block. You are only 77/76 so yes, get more block

*Your flask set up is odd. You should not be using a mana flask in this build. Bottled Faith is great for end game offense, but if you are dying in T15's that won't help you all that much outside of DOT's.

*You don't appear to be following the guide's tree. I would remove the points you spent pathing to Divine Judgement and use them elsewhere as shown in the guide

*Your POB does not list what Pantheon's are using. Make sure you are using Brine King fully leveled up and then either Abberath (for ignite mitigation) or Garukhan (for shock mitigation)
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 17, 2024, 9:23:00 PM
@tufferugli, If you have not done so already, I think you can easily raise your Attack Block from 85 to 88 using strength tattoo's. The POB listed in the guide shows you should have the room to improve that one stat.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info