[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 4, 2024, 9:08:36 AM
THx again,
that raised 2 new questions:
1. is greater Volley better then greater multi proj.?
2. would assasines mark not be better in helmet for constant power charge generation?
"
"
Scarecrow1414 wrote:
Finally hit 100 - Did 98-100 doing 8 mod deli ritual maps. Only mod I checked before running was cannot regen life or mana. Everything else I did. Didn't check a single altar mod before clicking. Died once at 98. As soon as I hit 100 I did Ubers. Died once to Uber Uber Elder/Shaper when I got slammed and wanted to see if I could tank it.

Congrats on the 100! What a grind it is :)

How does your build handle elemental reflect if you only skip no regen?

I was reading up on Shaper last night and the Uber version of the slam can not be blocked and it is physical damage so that must be dodged for our build as we can't take a massive physical hit.

Sibyl's Lament + Pantheon takes care of reflect.

Good to know. I will say. I saw him slam maybe twice? Died too fast.
"
Scarecrow1414 wrote:
"
"
Scarecrow1414 wrote:
Finally hit 100 - Did 98-100 doing 8 mod deli ritual maps. Only mod I checked before running was cannot regen life or mana. Everything else I did. Didn't check a single altar mod before clicking. Died once at 98. As soon as I hit 100 I did Ubers. Died once to Uber Uber Elder/Shaper when I got slammed and wanted to see if I could tank it.

Congrats on the 100! What a grind it is :)

How does your build handle elemental reflect if you only skip no regen?

I was reading up on Shaper last night and the Uber version of the slam can not be blocked and it is physical damage so that must be dodged for our build as we can't take a massive physical hit.

Sibyl's Lament + Pantheon takes care of reflect.

Good to know. I will say. I saw him slam maybe twice? Died too fast.

Oh wow. You change the ring and pantheon on each ele reflect…. I find it easier to reroll as I would too often forget to swap back. :)
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 4, 2024, 10:06:47 AM
"

Oh wow. You change the ring and pantheon on each els reflect…. I find it easier to reroll as I would too often forget to swap back. :)

Nah, I'm the laziest player ever. I just never take it off. I lose like... 100 life, 14 cast speed and immunity to burning ground. That's it. I haven't upgraded my ring since I was level 57.
Last edited by Scarecrow1414 on Sep 4, 2024, 10:05:47 AM
Hey, bro. Nice to see an Archmage tweek of Ziz build.
I'm lvl 93 following the Ziz build, with the unique jewels (exept the Timeless one). Still min-maxing.
I have basically two questions:
1. Your build is an improvement, stronger than Ziz one?
2. How should I transition to your build?
Here's my gear:
"
ogli wrote:
THx again,
2. would assasines mark not be better in helmet for constant power charge generation?

1) Personal preference really. GMP has a wider spread of projectiles giving the possibility for better clear. Greater Volley has a tighter pattern possibly better for single target. I use Greater Volley

2) Personal preference again. I prefer punishment in helmet and mark on brand. There are no issues keeping max power charges when mapping because of disciple of the forbidden node on tree
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 4, 2024, 10:49:04 AM
"
morigol wrote:
I'm lvl 93 following the Ziz build, with the unique jewels (exept the Timeless one). Still min-maxing.
Here's my gear:

This build is infinitely tankier than the Zizz build.

This build is focused on Svalinn and block so start there for the transition. Get shield and red nightmare and tattoos to start the transition.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 4, 2024, 10:55:03 AM
"
ogli wrote:
THx again,

1. it came down to spread of the projectiles. gmp spread more and is a little better for clearing (covering a larger area), but the angle of the spread is not fixed which means that against single target the overlaps can be inconsistent.

the biggest advantage with greater volley is that it has a fixed distance between proj, so against single target is much more consistent.
the drawback is that the path that the proj takes is very narrow, so (if you like open maps) is a bit worse for clearing.

2. while mapping it's hardly different. power charge generation is already covered by the node disciple of the forbidden. punishment offers a little more defense.

i've played with mark on kitava till lvl 99, but now that i want to go for lvl 100 i switched because i want to be extra safe.

against bosses mark is crucial to power charge generation.
having it in the kitava make sure that mark is up 100% of the time.
the same can be achieved by being a good player and remebering to cast brand, but i suck 😅

basically, as andy have already said, it come down to personal preference
"
morigol wrote:
Here's my gear:

1. this is a crit/block build, so it outshines the ziz/goratha build both in dps and ehp, but that's normal: ziz/goratha version is a league starter, this one need a lot of currency to be pulled off.

2. depends on your currency. the ideal will be to switch directly to crit/block, but it's a bit expensive.
going crit alone requires basically just a crit wand, while going block requires svalinn, cloak, rumi, red nightmare and tattoos.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info