[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

Nice build. Close to 98 and will add cluster jewel (have all in stash).
Question: what is next update when cluster is done?

https://pobb.in/G7YIB5QdihNt
Last edited by Onin_in_Sweden on Sep 4, 2024, 11:32:04 AM
"
"
morigol wrote:
Hey, bro. Nice to see an Archmage tweek of Ziz build.
I'm lvl 93 following the Ziz build, with the unique jewels (exept the Timeless one). Still min-maxing.
I have basically two questions:
1. Your build is an improvement, stronger than Ziz one?
2. How should I transition to your build?
Here's my gear:

This build is infinitely tankier than the Zizz build.

This build is focused on Svalinn and block so start there for the transition. Get shield and red nightmare and tattoos to start the transition.

Thanks for the reply, bro.
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
morigol wrote:
I'm lvl 93 following the Ziz build, with the unique jewels (exept the Timeless one). Still min-maxing.
Here's my gear:

1. this is a crit/block build, so it outshines the ziz/goratha build both in dps and ehp, but that's normal: ziz/goratha version is a league starter, this one need a lot of currency to be pulled off.

2. depends on your currency. the ideal will be to switch directly to crit/block, but it's a bit expensive.
going crit alone requires basically just a crit wand, while going block requires svalinn, cloak, rumi, red nightmare and tattoos.

Thanks for the reply. I already have Svalin and Cloak ready.
Going after Red Nightmare, Crit Wand and the rest.
Looking forward to test it.
"
Nice build. Close to 98 and will add cluster jewel (have all in stash).
Question: what is next update when cluster is done?

https://pobb.in/G7YIB5QdihNt

First and foremost, you must change your Militant Faith. You chose a Militant Faith that overwrote both Arcane Will and Prodigal Perfection. When choosing a Militant Faith, you must protect all the nodes we allocate. POB will do the heavy lifting for you though. Set up your search to look like this and then add in your Devotion Modifiers. The click search and copy URL

After you fix your Militant Faith and install the large cluster (and associated changes on gloves and skills) you can consider the following for your next upgrades. These range dramatically in cost so you can decide which to go for yourself.

1) Power Charge corruption on helmet

2) Upgrade of wand, to include Haunted enchant

3) Corrupted versions of body and shield

4) Mageblood and associated new flask setup.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 4, 2024, 2:17:57 PM
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
morigol wrote:
Here's my gear:

1. this is a crit/block build, so it outshines the ziz/goratha build both in dps and ehp, but that's normal: ziz/goratha version is a league starter, this one need a lot of currency to be pulled off.

2. depends on your currency. the ideal will be to switch directly to crit/block, but it's a bit expensive.
going crit alone requires basically just a crit wand, while going block requires svalinn, cloak, rumi, red nightmare and tattoos.

One question: The Light of Meaning must be + x lightning damage or can I use the + x mana for scaling?
Last edited by morigol on Sep 4, 2024, 2:00:46 PM
I have been having a blast with the build but now it seems I'm stuck. I don't seem to find a way to make currency fast enough for me to be able to spend on upgrades. I'm sure I'm just bad at the game and at making currency, but I'm feeling stuck now and I dont know what to do.

Any suggestions? Every upgrade I've seen is 20d+ and I've been making like 2 divines a day only. Got around 24 divines in stash that I've been saving towards the said upgrades. Suggestions on direct upgrades? I tweaked the resists a Little because I was really bad with chaos, other than that de build was doing great. But as I said, any upgrade feels so expensive (to cover the chaos resist and keep good other affixes). I'm already torn between buying one or 2 items or just making a diferent char.

My PoBB https://pobb.in/zfkQoYwOvqGQ
Last edited by Bollacha on Sep 4, 2024, 2:14:48 PM
"
morigol wrote:

One question: The Light of Meaning must be + x lightning damage or can I use the + x mana for scaling?

Lightning damage is more DPS

Mana is less damage but a little more EHP

Most of us have been using the Lightning Damage version but if you prefer Mana, that is fine as well.
"
Bollacha wrote:
I have been having a blast with the build but now it seems I'm stuck. I don't seem to find a way to make currency fast enough for me to be able to spend on upgrades. I'm sure I'm just bad at the game and at making currency, but I'm feeling stuck now and I dont know what to do.

Any suggestions? Every upgrade I've seen is 20d+ and I've been making like 2 divines a day only. Got around 24 divines in stash that I've been saving towards the said upgrades. Suggestions on direct upgrades? I tweaked the resists a Little because I was really bad with chaos, other than that de build was doing great. But as I said, any upgrade feels so expensive (to cover the chaos resist and keep good other affixes). I'm already torn between buying one or 2 items or just making a diferent char.

I feel your pain on currency generation. In the past, I struggled mightily making currency and always felt left out of builds that needed bigger upgrades.

For me, my mental block was never believing I would have the "luck" needed to follow a true currency making strat and never invested into my strats because of that.

Once I broke through that mental barrier and just said "$%#! it", let me try for real this time", every thing fell into place for me in terms of investing into currency strats.

I don't know what your specific issue is but no matter what problems you face, to achieve hundreds and hundreds of divines with out a massive luckily drop or two, you have to play the game a ton. If you are already doing that, you need to find a strat and understand and follow it, and then the currency will flow.

===========

as for your build, for small amounts of money you could make some improvements just by adding quality to your gems and to your flasks. Check the POB's on the first page to see which gems need quality and which do not.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 4, 2024, 2:27:34 PM
"
Bollacha wrote:

Seems your problem is not the build per se, but finding ways to make currency.
Unfortunately, in that stage where you need 20 divs for an upgrade, you need to grind and try to find the most optimal way to farm.
Depends on how many hours you play too.
As you've said, if you're bad at making currency you need to improve that.
You answered your own question in a way.
But if you don't enjoy farming for currency I suggest you to create another char, if gives you more fun.
The only "FeelsBad" part of this variant is that the cast speed in considerably lower compared to double wand without tormented spirits or mageblood. i feel that kitava´s thirst skips a lot of frostbolts casts. Sometimes that 50% chance looks more like 10%. Hits like a truck when it procs, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info