[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
TypingInChat wrote:
Fully configured POB: https://pobb.in/2BoDTrS7RfUc

I recently bought a Badge of Brotherhood + Ralakesh's Impatience, and although the increased damage is nice, the additional cast speed and loss of Foiable has created some mana sustain issues that I can't seem to fix. Some solutions I've tried:

- allocated several mana masteries (% reduced mana cost, chance to recover mana on skill, recover mana when using a guard skill)
- bought a militant faith with % reduced mana cost per devotion
- tried using a rare jewel with % increased mana regeneration (didn't do much so I removed it)
- put assassin's mark in Kitava's thirst
- bought a watcher's eye without % increased cast speed while affected by Zealotry
- equipped ring with % reduced mana cost

One thing I haven't tried yet is to use clarity with arrogance support. It lowers my health to 1900, but the max hit is still relatively high. Is it possibly worth the health and gem socket cost? If I do, I can buy a watcher's eye with mana recovery as well. Another strategy is to take the "damage recouped as mana" mastery. Any word on how effective it is? Any advice is appreciated. I have about 70 raw div to work with if necessary.

Side note: I've taken the "chance to open nearby chests" caster mastery since I'm farming abyss right now.

https://pobb.in/CtMcdHjBNGW8

Removed forbidden jewels, added impossible escape and rare jewel

Removed lightinng damage jewel with maximum mana jewel

Pathed with different direction near the red nightmare jewel

Allocated 3 maximum mana passives

You had unnecesary skill point spent on a passive "damage and mana", removed it

Removed %10 mana over 1 second when you use a guard skill mastery

You can path to the another jewel socket near unwavering stance notable when you reach 100 and unallocate a passive. You can put a jewel with maximum mana, crit etc. with corrupted blood implicit.
"
ruialmeida wrote:
"
TypingInChat wrote:

I recently bought a Badge of Brotherhood + Ralakesh's Impatience, and although the increased damage is nice, the additional cast speed and loss of Foiable has created some mana sustain issues that I can't seem to fix. Some solutions I've tried:

- allocated several mana masteries (% reduced mana cost, chance to recover mana on skill, recover mana when using a guard skill)
- tried using a rare jewel with % increased mana regeneration (didn't do much so I removed it)
- bought a watcher's eye without % increased cast speed while affected by Zealotry

One thing I haven't tried yet is to use clarity with arrogance support. It lowers my health to 1900, but the max hit is still relatively high. Is it possibly worth the health and gem socket cost? If I do, I can buy a watcher's eye with mana recovery as well. Another strategy is to take the "damage recouped as mana" mastery. Any word on how effective it is? Any advice is appreciated. I have about 70 raw div to work with if necessary.

Side note: I've taken the "chance to open nearby chests" caster mastery since I'm farming abyss right now.

Not sure if it's worth, but you can try swithing the annoint to Mind Drinker at the cost of +1 power charge/+1 curse we can apply from Infused. That's probably enough mana regen that can revert some of the solutions you tried, to compensate the DPS loss.

In his case, he'll also lose a frenzy charge, however you can go mind drinker if you are purely focusing on mapping but for bossing, of course the infused is superior.
After wave 10 of an ultimatum dropped me a mageblood and got robe for 45div (50c left for me atm) I am a bit lost in three ways...:

First, I´am so superfast now, that I have problems to aim where I wanna go to (Frostblink for what???)
;)

Second, don`t know, what to aim next for gearing. Any suggestions?

Third: Not sure about what is the best Tree for now and where to spent last three points (perhaps going for jewelsocket in the south?)

I will appreciate any suggestions and any other helpful notes to my build.

https://pobb.in/ZtApNg9xv5fj
"
Fealwen wrote:

In his case, he'll also lose a frenzy charge, however you can go mind drinker if you are purely focusing on mapping but for bossing, of course the infused is superior.

Yeah ur right. Probably not worth it then.

To add to ur changes, that ring is still missing 1% reduced mana cost from life and mana quality. Every little bit helps
"
ogli wrote:
After wave 10 of an ultimatum dropped me a mageblood and got robe for 45div (50c left for me atm) I am a bit lost in three ways...:

First, I´am so superfast now, that I have problems to aim where I wanna go to (Frostblink for what???)
;)

Second, don`t know, what to aim next for gearing. Any suggestions?

Third: Not sure about what is the best Tree for now and where to spent last three points (perhaps going for jewelsocket in the south?)

I will appreciate any suggestions and any other helpful notes to my build.

https://pobb.in/ZtApNg9xv5fj

congrats on the great drop!

1) Yeah, the amazing speed can be disconcerting at first but you will soon get used to it. It is awesome to have for so many reasons. Most importantly you are going to see your currency generation accelerate now. If you find out your are not using Frostblink that much, consider ditching the Spell echo support. Once you do that, you will free up a socket in the build allowing you to put Conductivity in the Arcanist Brand Setup and adding our little friend the Lightning Golem to the shield.

2) You are now in the end game set up and it looks really good! You even have full crit immunity in place!! Well done. Next thing I would improve would be your chaos res, which should be REALLY easy. You can see you are significantly over capped on your ele resistances. When using Purity of Elements, we don't need as much investment in ele resistances any more. All you need to do to cap chaos res is to replace one rare item and swap out one of the ele resistances for chaos.

3) For the last three points, head south and get the jewel socket and see if you can find a Rational Doctrine that has at least two implicits on it you like. This will help you get close to crit cap.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 4, 2024, 10:56:53 AM
"
TypingInChat wrote:

I also run the ralakesh setup and I have no mana sustain problems. Maybe you find some clues in my PoB: https://pobb.in/pFHe9V6SoBJh

I'm currently working on getting rid of Rumi's and switch repkace purity of elements with wrath or zealotry, but it's tricky and expensive..
"
TypingInChat wrote:

I also run the ralakesh setup and I have no mana sustain problems. I even keep the infused annoint and don't use all the mana sustain nodes recommended in the lazy nova guide. Maybe you find some clues in my PoB: https://pobb.in/pFHe9V6SoBJh

I'm currently working on getting rid of Rumi's and replace purity of elements with wrath or zealotry, but it's tricky and expensive..
Last edited by aimfeld on Sep 4, 2024, 8:47:13 AM
congrats on the great drop!

1) Yeah, the amazing speed can be disconcerting at first but you will soon get used to it. It is awesome to have for so many reasons. Most importantly you are going to see your currency generation accelerate now. Most importantly if you find out your are not using Frostblink that much, consider ditching the Spell echo support. Once you do that, you will free up a socket in the build allowing you to put Conductivity in the Arcanist Brand Setup and adding our little friend the Lightning Golem to the shield.

2) You are now in the end game set up and it looks really good! You even have full crit immunity in place!! Well done. Next thing I would improve would be your chaos res, which should be REALLY easy. You can see you are significantly over capped on your ele resistances. When using Purity of Elements, we don't need as much investment in ele resistances any more. All you need to do to cap chaos res is to replace one rare item and swap out one of the ele resistances for chaos.

3) For the last three points, head south and get the jewel socket and see if you can find a Rational Doctrine that has at least two implicits on it you like. This will help you get close to crit cap.
[/quote]

Lightning Golem... Very nice, definitely will do that, even if it ws not too serious with the toooooo fast ;)

Going to find the last chaos res, didn´t thought that could be a major different, but as a CasualPlayer I definitifly belives in ur knowledge...

I will go for level100 now and path the way to the socket, to put in what u suggested, didn´t know that before.

Thx for Advices

Edit: Hmmm, how to write outside quote ???
Last edited by ogli on Sep 4, 2024, 8:49:29 AM
Quick Question:
If I choose lightning golem I make the Brand 4-link in boots adding conductivity. The frostblink and eternalblessing-purity of elements to the wand then?
Last edited by ogli on Sep 4, 2024, 9:06:46 AM
"
ogli wrote:
Quick Question:
If I choose lightning golem I make the Brand 4-link in boots adding conductivity and the frostblink and eternalblessing-purity of elements to the wand???

yes, that would work. That is how I have mine set up. You can look here for some ideas

https://pobb.in/Ld5nYQfdVk0s

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info