[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
Soulhunter_ wrote:
The only "FeelsBad" part of this variant is that the cast speed in considerably lower compared to double wand without tormented spirits or mageblood. i feel that kitava´s thirst skips a lot of frostbolts casts. Sometimes that 50% chance looks more like 10%. Hits like a truck when it procs, though.

this is very true and it always seems to fails at the worst possible moment :)

Luckily as you said, the problem diminishes significantly with investment.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 4, 2024, 5:08:53 PM
I have farmed a ton of T17's that I have saved up.

I would like to run some sort of strat on these T17's.

Can any one recommend a T17 strat that is not SUPER high cost and is not ambush or 8mod map farming?
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 4, 2024, 7:51:16 PM
"

Last night I tried to switch away from Corrupted Soul and bought a nicer Militant Faith. My god extra damage is so noticeable in T16s. Frostblink alone destroys all white and most blue mobs. I'll have to see how I go without Corrupted Soul in 8 mod T16 maps with blue altars and Strongboxes.

https://pobb.in/Zk7AR-iu5Zc2

"75m" damage vs "58m" damage with Corrupted Soul setup.

Militant Faith + Turtle Tatoos means I didn't meet Int requirements to use Profane Wand. I have had to waste 1 passive skill point and 2 passive skills points are assigned inefficiently for Int requirements to be met. One of the difficulties of this build is managing the stat/resistances with just 4 rare item slots.
Last edited by periperi2 on Sep 4, 2024, 9:00:40 PM
"
periperi2 wrote:
"

Last night I tried to switch away from Corrupted Soul and bought a nicer Militant Faith. My god extra damage is so noticeable in T16s. Frostblink alone destroys all white and most blue mobs. I'll have to see how I go without Corrupted Soul in 8 mod T16 maps with blue altars and Strongboxes.

https://pobb.in/Zk7AR-iu5Zc2

"75m" damage vs "58m" damage with Corrupted Soul setup.

Militant Faith + Turtle Tatoos means I didn't meet Int requirements to use Profane Wand. I have had to waste 1 passive skill point and 2 passive skills points are assigned inefficiently for Int requirements to be met. One of the difficulties of this build is managing the stat/resistances with just 4 rare item slots.

some of this suffix pressure will ease if and when you get a Mageblood. At that time you can swap out Wrath for Purity of Elements. Purity (and a watchers eye) will give you a ton of resistances, freeing up many suffixes slots to use for other stats.

Temporarily, you can get a decent amount of ele resists from a Militant Faith if you want to free up a suffix or two that way.

Also, until you can get your suffixes sorted, get rid of the Turtle tattoos. The difference between 100% crit reduction and 80% crit reduction is relatively very small, especially in soft core. I would not muck with the tree pathing if you don't have to.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 4, 2024, 9:36:52 PM
"

Also, until you can get your suffixes sorted, get rid of the Turtle tattoos. The difference between 100% crit reduction and 80% crit reduction is relatively very small, especially in soft core. I would not muck with the tree pathing if you don't have to.

Thanks will do.
Hi thank you so much for detailing out with your guide

I am having a tough time though as i keep getting frozen
I am not sure on how to mitigate this

Hope you can help me out
Thank you
"
Soulhunter_ wrote:
The only "FeelsBad" part of this variant is that the cast speed in considerably lower compared to double wand without tormented spirits or mageblood. i feel that kitava´s thirst skips a lot of frostbolts casts. Sometimes that 50% chance looks more like 10%. Hits like a truck when it procs, though.

Well if you don't want kitava's to fail, you can use frostbolt and greater volley support with brand and add returning proj to link. Only recommended when bossing though :D
"
Lutp wrote:
Hi thank you so much for detailing out with your guide

I am having a tough time though as i keep getting frozen
I am not sure on how to mitigate this

Hope you can help me out
Thank you

You need to unlock everything under the brine king pantheon
Hey Guys,

great Guide! I started with the double wand version but i died so often that i switched to the Svallin + Glorious Vanity one.

Im now broke cause the prices on Console are pretty high. and the red nightmare was my last invest. I now have about 8d left but the farming and leveling is pretty smooth right now.

I sometimes feel that i miss some cast speed. Before the switch i also had some cast speed nodes and as mentioned before the kitava proc is pretty random.

What should i invest in next? Unnatural Instinct is >20d

I also have problems to get the dex i need. I think i can get give up the 2 Skill points top middle where the rare jewel is.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/sony/view-profile/Spatzl30/characters

Last edited by Spatzl30 on Sep 5, 2024, 4:07:57 AM
Hello everyone.

I'm lvl 87 and wanna switch to Crit/Block based..

I have everything needed except watchers eye jewel.

I have 110 passive points to spend..
https://pobb.in/SaCJM4douZkP there's 120 used here..
So my question is.. Which 10 passive points would make most sense to remove from that build and add later as a i lvl up?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info