[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"

I don't think you are missing anything. I think you are 100% correct.

I have been using Cold Snap the entire time and never actually tested Shock Nova and just assumed it would work because I saw it in a build guide but I agree with you that it has to be Shock Nova itself that gets you over 50 and we are unlikely to do that on a big boss with the skill by itself.

Thank you for testing it out!

if you have a link to that guide I can try to "investigate" more on that, maybe there's really a super cool interaction with shock nova :D
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 16, 2024, 10:44:51 AM
"
tufferugli wrote:
"

I don't think you are missing anything. I think you are 100% correct.

I have been using Cold Snap the entire time and never actually tested Shock Nova and just assumed it would work because I saw it in a build guide but I agree with you that it has to be Shock Nova itself that gets you over 50 and we are unlikely to do that on a big boss with the skill by itself.

Thank you for testing it out!

if you have a link to that guide I can try to "investigate" more on that, maybe there's really a super cool interaction with shock nova :D

I don't think there is. We have already found many mistakes in the guide so I think the guy who made the video may not fully understand the build.

He starts out the video saying that half his damage is cold, which is entirely wrong :).

I already added a comment in the chat about Shock Nova and the test you did.
oh! i know the guy you are talking about!
there were a lot of things I wasn't really agreeing with him in that video... and that's what prompt me to do this guide XD
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 16, 2024, 11:24:56 AM
"
tufferugli wrote:
oh! i know the guy you are talking about!
there were a lot of things I wasn't really agreeing with him in that video... and that's what prompt me to do this guide XD

lol!!

Yeah, we found so many errors. However, the build is so good on the surface that it still functions really well.

But making the small fixes really helps the over all build. His Shield skills were a mess :)

I can't wait to get a Mageblood. I have already found an easy (lazy) way to incorporate it with out having to fix all my other gear.

I am going to hang out in this thread and learn what I can :)
Im more of a newer player, how does this compare to Ziz's version on YT? Could a newer player attempt to make this build ? xd
I think Glorious Vanity is a must. After swapping it out it feels a little too squishy, even with all that block chance.
"
Asr3212 wrote:
Im more of a newer player, how does this compare to Ziz's version on YT? Could a newer player attempt to make this build ? xd

I'm about to move over to this build, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I've played Ziz's build but struggled with a clear path to reliably doing juiced maps. I've done most content + t17's but still occasionally explode. Took some of my own liberties with the build trying to fix ehp issues but gave up and chose to try this one.

Will see how it goes :)
I just switched to this from a non-crit variant of the build because of how insane the damage looked on this one. I find now that in T16 I'm constantly getting stuck moving slow and dying really fast. Before my swap I could run 20+ maps without dying. Wondering if you could take a look at my build after swapping to this and help me understand what I'm doing wrong:

https://pobb.in/eRXBn3ZcSf4C

older build pre-swap:
https://pobb.in/A8ms6E10dgtA

I feel like maybe its the chaos damage or something... new to the game though so not sure
"
schnausage wrote:
I just switched to this from a non-crit variant of the build because of how insane the damage looked on this one. I find now that in T16 I'm constantly getting stuck moving slow and dying really fast. Before my swap I could run 20+ maps without dying. Wondering if you could take a look at my build after swapping to this and help me understand what I'm doing wrong:

https://pobb.in/eRXBn3ZcSf4C

older build pre-swap:
https://pobb.in/A8ms6E10dgtA

I feel like maybe its the chaos damage or something... new to the game though so not sure

hmmm, nothing jumps out at me as being wrong. I don't see anything specific that should be causing you to die regularly in a T16....

Are you using a regex on your maps? Maybe there is a mod that is sneaking in to kill you.

Your POB shows Brine King, so that should cover you for Freeze and Stun lock (if you have fully leveled up Brine King). You will still feel the effects of chill though and that can make you feel heavy, especially if you are running Eater of Worlds alters as they chill a lot but you should be killing things way faster than they can kill you with your damage in the POB.

Do you feel like you are getting swarmed when dying or is it more one shots?

I don't think it is chaos that is getting you but that is your lowest resistance so we might as well fix the low handing fruit.

Three ways you can add chaos resistance easily:

1) You have some room on the tree if you want to add Chaos Res tattoos to a few of your int nodes (but this will also lower your mana pool which is not ideal).

2) I did notice your boots do not have any Eldritch implicits on them. You can get Chaos res really easily on one of those implicits.

3) Also check your rare ring implicit. That looks like a low chaos roll. You can probably easily increase that by using a Blessed Orb.

You should be able to cap your chaos res using these three steps, just to remove that as a variable as to why your are dying.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 16, 2024, 3:22:30 PM
Yeah I'm using the same regex as before the swap. "!tal d|gen|eec"

I do run blue altars so maybe it is the chill slowing me down. I'm getting swarmed when dying. Pre-swap I was using purity of elements - maybe that's why I never slowed down before the change. I also had the Glorious Vanity for Corrupted Soul, maybe that was a difference maker.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info