[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
I have some questions for you:

* I thought our top end block was capped at 88% with Svalinn, but I see your POB has attack block at 90. How did this happen?

I am asking this because I am wondering if POB understands the 88% cap from Svalinn or if we should all be using tattoos to get to 90%?

* Your Cold res is well undercapped. Is that a POB mistake or is that how it looks in game for you?

* I think you can get 7% extra chaos res on your ring by using blessed orbs

1) The extra block chance comes from the anoint on my amulet. I honestly just bought that amulet as a flip because it was pretty underpriced but after playing with it for a few hours, I think it's pretty good (both the amulet itself and the anoint).

2) I am indeed missing some cold res (sitting at 68% right now), but the build is so immortal that I honestly don't even miss it. I've gone from 1 -> 98 in a few days without worrying about anything. Nothing too crazy, but I've done t17s, full simulacrums, aul & a few other higher end bosses without issue. I'm about to pivot to a mageblood anyway so that should fix my res.

I think the wand enchant can also give buffs that increase my res, cause sometimes I open the character screen and see all of my reses way overcapped.

3) The range of rolls on my ring is showing as 17-23 on my end (and it's currently sitting at 23).

I'm now seeing about 128 mil dps with the adjustments you recommended.

Thanks for the response as always!

Last edited by Martingale7 on Aug 26, 2024, 8:01:05 PM
"
Thanks again Aimfeld!

I now have the 100% Crit Immunity, 88/88 block, and have my max ele resistances up to 78 now!

And I am still maintaining respectable DPS as well, even when using 60% reduction from Punishment.

https://pobb.in/dcK39EvUwGLh

Hmm, now I need to figure out what to target next for an upgrade as I was focused on the Shield crit corruption (which was very expensive).

I would love to buy a much better Militant faith but I never have any luck when searching for 2 mods that could help me. I will keep checking periodically.

Maybe Poison immunity on the ring and Hinder immunity on one of the jewels...

Since I won't need Shield crit reduction any more, is there anything worth while to get on shield corruption? +1 to gems does a little but not too much.

I did some slight changes to your tree and now you are lacking 6% Lightning Resist, but still got 15% Cold Res over max, so you may need to do some small resist joggling, but imo you should try to upgrade your Gloves and Boots. You need neither the +Dexterity on your Boots, nor do you need the +Intelligence on your Gloves. I would also aim for a Armor+ES Base for some more max Phys Hit. Purity of Elements 21/20 also gives you 2% more All Res.
Feel free to ignore everything I said, just some quick suggestions ^^

https://pobb.in/ZsOlycSFeJ4Y

Last edited by Tenchuu on Aug 26, 2024, 8:33:02 PM
"
Tenchuu wrote:

I did some slight changes to your tree and now you are lacking 6% Lightning Resist, but still got 15% Cold Res over max, so you may need to do some small resist joggling, but imo you should try to upgrade your Gloves and Boots. You need neither the +Dexterity on your Boots, nor do you need the +Intelligence on your Gloves. I would also aim for a Armor+ES Base for some more max Phys Hit.

https://pobb.in/ZsOlycSFeJ4Y

wow this is awesome! I have to dig in to compare what the changes were so that I can understand.

You are so right about the rares! I have been focusing so much on the corruptions for the Uniques, I forgot that Mageblood fixed my Dexterity needs and that I can significantly upgrade my boots, and probably my gloves too as you suggested!

I will work on that next. I love having things I know I want to farm currency for :)

Question: I see that you added points into the Battle Rouse wheel and removed Ash Frost and Storm (which is where I lost a little resistance but that is easily fixed).

One of the reasons I took the Ash, Frost and Storm wheel was to make sure I was getting to a shock of 50 which I could not without that wheel. However, since that time I swapped over to Inner Conviction and my DPS is significantly higher so I likely won't need that wheel any more.

This looks like an awesome change once I can fix my resistances. I will focus on boots as I now have a free suffix since I don't need dex any more and can use that to cover lightning res. It looks like I can pick up some more movement speed too but that is not really a must given how I am already flying.
"
Thanks again Aimfeld!

I now have the 100% Crit Immunity, 88/88 block, and have my max ele resistances up to 78 now!

And I am still maintaining respectable DPS as well, even when using 60% reduction from Punishment.

https://pobb.in/dcK39EvUwGLh

Hmm, now I need to figure out what to target next for an upgrade as I was focused on the Shield crit corruption (which was very expensive).

I would love to buy a much better Militant faith but I never have any luck when searching for 2 mods that could help me. I will keep checking periodically.

Maybe Poison immunity on the ring and Hinder immunity on one of the jewels...

Since I won't need Shield crit reduction any more, is there anything worth while to get on shield corruption? +1 to gems does a little but not too much.

with high chaos res isn't bleed immune on anathema better?

imho the tree could be improved

what could be removed (in red)
1. the recoup mana isn't that great if we block 88% of incoming damage. imho the 10% reduced mana cost is better
2. the ele nodes are basically just to cap res?
3. iron will is kinda mid at this stage of the build
4. the es node are good with glorious vanity, now those give you very little es

what i would add (green)
1. tireless is nice. also would make you use impossible escape more efficiently
2. this mana cluster is hard to pass
3. socket

(i've added lightning res via custom mod, but you should be able to cap it easily)

keep in mind that this doesn't include the new jewel that you can add.
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 26, 2024, 9:16:03 PM
"
tufferugli wrote:

what could be removed (in red)
1. the recoup mana isn't that great if we block 88% of incoming damage. imho the 10% reduced mana cost is better
2. the ele nodes are basically just to cap res?
3. iron will is kinda mid at this stage of the build
4. the es node are good with glorious vanity, now those give you very little es

what i would add (green)
1. written in blood is nice. also would make you use impossible escape more efficiently
2. this mana cluster is hard to pass
3. socket

Thank you for the suggestions!

1) I added in the Mana recoup because we have only one real vulnerability and that is when block fails around the same time Arcane Cloak goes off, and we quickly drain our mana and stop leeching. By having mana recoup on damage taken (ie block failing), we should always have some mana to leech.

I may be mistaken on this concern though and will test out your change.

2) No, the wheel was originally taken for the Ash Frost and Storm node to allow me to get to 50% shock. But my damage has gone up significantly since then so I should not need it.

3) I will remove Iron Will in POB and see what DPS I lose (I agree it should be small)

4) I am confused on the Written in Blood comment? Did you mean Tireless? Written in Blood is on the other side of the tree or are you suggesting I move the Impossible Escape?
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 26, 2024, 9:09:42 PM
yeah sorry, i meant tireless, my bad 😅

i've edited the message and added a before/after comparison
"
Tenchuu wrote:

I did some slight changes to your tree and now you are lacking 6% Lightning Resist, but still got 15% Cold Res over max, so you may need to do some small resist joggling, but imo you should try to upgrade your Gloves and Boots. You need neither the +Dexterity on your Boots, nor do you need the +Intelligence on your Gloves. I would also aim for a Armor+ES Base for some more max Phys Hit. Purity of Elements 21/20 also gives you 2% more All Res.

I think I have everything in place now for these changes but I have a question on the Endurance Charge you added.

How am I going to generate that charge? I get 4 Endurance Charges with the ascendancy but I don't understand how to generate the 5th one...

In the mean time I have taken Tireless in the impossible escape area until I can understand the endurance charge generation.
"

I think I have everything in place now for these changes but I have a question on the Endurance Charge you added.

How am I going to generate that charge? I get 4 Endurance Charges with the ascendancy but I don't understand how to generate the 5th one...

In the mean time I have taken Tireless in the impossible escape area until I can understand the endurance charge generation.

he's using a rare amulet with +1 minimum end charge
"
tufferugli wrote:
"

he's using a rare amulet with +1 minimum end charge

ahh!!

Tireless it is then :)
I just ran my first (and probably only) Feared of the league.

It was smooth as silk. Quant was 84%

I had to move around a little because of ground degen, but outside of that, very easy and very quick.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info