[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
aimfeld wrote:
@Andy: Sweet cloak, must have cost a pretty penny!

For crit reduction, it's pretty easy to achieve 100% without the corruption on the shield, which is quite expensive with a good block roll. You probably already know, but for others:

- 50% on corrupted chest (cheaper than shield)
- 30% Sanctum of Thought on the passive tree, reachable via Impossible Escape jewel. You also spend a point on Sanctuary for 4%/4% block and +1% max all res. The block frees a whole jewel slot basically. If you have mana issues, also take Tireless.
- 20% using 4x Tattoo of the Rongokurai Turtle

Here's my PoB for an example: https://pobb.in/pdxRxjizH_Xf

Thank you so much for sharing this! I am going to dive right in and see how I can fit this into my build.

If I can add full crit immunity to my curse, stun and ailment immunity that is going to feel really good!

The Cloak cost me 86D! But Ultimatum was REALLY good to me (consistent drops) and I farmed this in around 2 days.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 26, 2024, 5:11:13 PM
Thanks again Aimfeld!

I now have the 100% Crit Immunity, 88/88 block, and have my max ele resistances up to 78 now!

And I am still maintaining respectable DPS as well, even when using 60% reduction from Punishment.

https://pobb.in/dcK39EvUwGLh

Hmm, now I need to figure out what to target next for an upgrade as I was focused on the Shield crit corruption (which was very expensive).

I would love to buy a much better Militant faith but I never have any luck when searching for 2 mods that could help me. I will keep checking periodically.

Maybe Poison immunity on the ring and Hinder immunity on one of the jewels...

Since I won't need Shield crit reduction any more, is there anything worth while to get on shield corruption? +1 to gems does a little but not too much.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 26, 2024, 5:52:24 PM
Wait, WTF just happened? One of my flasks has disappeared???

I thought it was a POB import issue but it is gone when in my game........

I can't locate it any where, not in stash, not in crafting bench.......

Crap, guess I will buy a new one. This is so odd.
@Andy, you're welcome, glad to share some ideas since I got so many from you!

In case you didn't already know: For finding a good militant faith, PoB works much better than the Timeless jewel calculator (feature at the bottom, next to tree selector). You can filter for allocated nodes only, and specify which passives must not change (all of them). Then, pick your first and optionally second attribute. You can copy the trade link, and then copy next trade link in another browser tab and so on. Each trade link checks many jewel numbers. This way, you can check hundreds of numbers for a cheap offer with the desired attributes which won't change your passives.
Last edited by aimfeld on Aug 26, 2024, 6:04:31 PM
"
aimfeld wrote:
@Andy, you're welcome, glad to share some ideas since I got so many from you!

In case you didn't already know: For finding a good militant faith, PoB works much better than the Timeless jewel calculator (feature at the bottom, next to tree selector). You can filter for allocated nodes only, and specify which passives must not change (all of them). Then, pick your first and optionally second attribute. You can copy the trade link, and then copy next trade link in another browser tab and so on. Each trade link checks many jewel numbers. This way, you can check hundreds of numbers for a cheap offer with the desired attributes which won't change your passives.

yes! Thank you for sharing. I have been using POB to find the Militant faith. Having the ability to filter out the nodes we don't want touched is really helpful.

I have been able to easily find a ton of 1 good mod Militant Faiths but finding two mods (like Lightning Damage and Area Damage) has proven more difficult.
Where do you use the watchers eye jewel? Am i missing it on the POB?
"
jRbizzleR1 wrote:
Where do you use the watchers eye jewel? Am i missing it on the POB?

it should be in the second POB, which is the large cluster setup which gives us two more sockets to play with.
Is this an accurate calculation of my DPS?

https://pobb.in/i4MdIuCz2Yjy

5.9 mil feels a bit low with the way I'm shredding everything at this point
"
Martingale7 wrote:
Is this an accurate calculation of my DPS?

https://pobb.in/i4MdIuCz2Yjy

5.9 mil feels a bit low with the way I'm shredding everything at this point

You are missing some key config items. Make these changes:

* This needs to be added to your Custom Modifier Screen in Configuration Window

#Punishment averaged out for low life and non low life
60% Reduced Punishment Curse Effect

* Enable "Is the Enemy on Low Life" in Configuration Window

* Enable "Cast on Frostbolt" in Configuration Window

* Set Intensity to 3 in Configuration Window

* Enable "Is the Enemy on Consecrated Ground" in Configuration window

* Set Inspiration charges to 3 in Configuration Window

* Go to skills window, select Ice Nova socket group, set count = 8, and enable "Include in Full DPS"

Now look on left hand panel at the bottom to see your top end DPS.

Please ask any questions you have about these settings

=====================

I have some questions for you:

* I thought our top end block was capped at 88% with Svalinn, but I see your POB has attack block at 90. How did this happen?

I am asking this because I am wondering if POB understands the 88% cap from Svalinn or if we should all be using tattoos to get to 90%?

* Your Cold res is well undercapped. Is that a POB mistake or is that how it looks in game for you?

* I think you can get 7% extra chaos res on your ring by using blessed orbs
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 26, 2024, 7:45:48 PM
"

* I thought our top end block was capped at 88% with Svalinn, but I see your POB has attack block at 90. How did this happen?

I am asking this because I am wondering if POB understands the 88% cap from Svalinn or if we should all be using tattoos to get to 90%?

ahh I found it. You are allocating "As the Mountain" which raises the Attack Block max by 3, allowing you to get to the games max cap of 90.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 26, 2024, 7:45:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info