[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
Has anyone tried something like Temp Chains or Ice Nova of Deep Freeze in the shield? Not so sure how well the Ice Nova will proc freeze and might need something like Elemental Proliferation to support ... which would mean losing frost shield or sigil of power (not sure how i feel about that one).

I'll try out the Tornado of Elemental Turbulence too.

Temp Chains is a nice curse but it won't work in the shield as it is not an elemental spell.

You could move something like Conductivity to the shield and move Temp Chains to the brand if you want to experiment.

Let me know how Ice Nova of Deep Freeze feels. I feel like it will freeze a small area but I would be concerned the duration of the freeze might be low.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 26, 2024, 1:57:47 PM
"
"
Mathue24 wrote:

Thanks! I aprecciate that.
Also you wanted map mods, wiped on this T17 just now (I even got a HH)

Did you get a chance to fix the numerous issues I saw in your build that needed attending before you could farm T17's deathless?

As for this image...are you ailment immune?

If not, the "Non-Damaging Ailments you inflict are reflected back to you" is a VERY bad mod. We inflict massive shock as a non damaging ailment. If that shock gets reflected back to you, you are going to be taking a massive up 50% more damage on yourself. That would be very hard to survive IMO.

Hey bro, sorry I didn't notice your reply.

Anyways I did as you said and adressed some of the issues raised:
https://pobb.in/68C2z94HcHbH <-- New PoB

"
* You are undercapped on Fire res. This will get you killed in a T17 map. Since you are not curse immune, nor have any curse mitigation that I can see, you want all your ele resistances to be capped at 75, and have the uncapped versions at around 109. Elemental Weakness is going to murder you on T17's :)

Yeah so about this... I got a HH and this got even worse. I'm thinking I might switch Wraith for Purity of Elements to solve this and get Ailment Immunity. Cause I really have no clue how to squeeze more res into the build as it is right now lol.

"
* Your chaos res is only 20%. That is not good for T17's. You are going to want to raise this as close to 75 as possible

Like mentioned, I'm really not sure how to squeeze more res into the build with all the uniques we're using here.

"
* Your silver flask, which is key for damage, is missing quality. Add quality for higher uptime

Done!

"

* Your block chance is not yet maxed out. You can still add attack and spell block chance to your build that will help you survive more. Every point counts :)

Where would you reccomend? Like with chaos res, idk where to slot more preffixes/suffixes tbh

"
* Add quality to Automation for higher up time of Arcane Cloak (helps both offense and defense)

Done!

"
* Add quality to Punishment for a nice layer of defense you are missing

Done!

"
* You are missing the critical quality on Assassins Mark. This is how you generate Power Charges in the build as you are not using Power Charge on Crit support. You must get this to full quality so that you can maintain your max power charges. Of all the items that need to be fixed, this is by far the most important

Done! (but I think i was getting power charges from somewhere else as well before that)
"
"
Has anyone tried something like Temp Chains or Ice Nova of Deep Freeze in the shield? Not so sure how well the Ice Nova will proc freeze and might need something like Elemental Proliferation to support ... which would mean losing frost shield or sigil of power (not sure how i feel about that one).

I'll try out the Tornado of Elemental Turbulence too.

Temp Chains is a nice curse but it won't work in the shield as it is not an elemental spell.

You could move something like Conductivity to the shield and move Temp Chains to the brand if you want to experiment.

Let me know how Ice Nova of Deep Freeze feels. I feel like it will freeze a small area but I would be concerned the duration of the freeze might be low.

Yeah that's a no-go on the Ice Nova of Deep Freeze. The Freeze is weak, doesn't prolif well (as expected) and is not consistent. I could only really get freeze to proc on white mobs in T16 maps.

I do like running Temp Chains and moving Conductivity to shield, though I still want to try Tornado of Elemental Turbulence too. Just concerned with screen clutter ... lmao. For Pinnacles/Ubers, would prob switch out Temp Chains for something else though as the action speed debuff won't affect them I don't believe.
"
Fealwen wrote:
Is spell critical chance suffix necessary on wand? Would it be better if we go for focus double dip or smth else?

My preference is to get as close to 100% crit chance as possible. If you are very close and the wand crit chance suffix does not help much then changing it would be smart.
"

I do like running Temp Chains and moving Conductivity to shield, though I still want to try Tornado of Elemental Turbulence too. Just concerned with screen clutter ... lmao. For Pinnacles/Ubers, would prob switch out Temp Chains for something else though as the action speed debuff won't affect them I don't believe.

I thought the pinnacle level bosses had "reduced curse effect" mod, but that curses would still effect them.

I think Temp Chains will still effect bosses but I do so little bossing I am just guessing. Did they change things recently to make this level of boss curse immune?

I know for sure Kosis is being effected by curses since I run simulacrum often, but he is also not a pinnacle boss..
"
Mathue24 wrote:

Anyways I did as you said and adressed some of the issues raised:
https://pobb.in/68C2z94HcHbH <-- New PoB

Yeah so about this... I got a HH and this got even worse. I'm thinking I might switch Wraith for Purity of Elements to solve this and get Ailment Immunity. Cause I really have no clue how to squeeze more res into the build as it is right now lol.

Like mentioned, I'm really not sure how to squeeze more res into the build with all the uniques we're using here.

Where would you recommend block chance? Like with chaos res, idk where to slot more preffixes/suffixes tbh

(but I think i was getting power charges from somewhere else as well before that)

Your idea to swap Wrath for Purity of Elements is excellent for multiple reasons

1) Headhunter will provide you a ton of offense when mapping so you won't miss wrath

2) Getting a Purity of Elements will give you full ailment immunity which should increase your surviability

3) The 21/20 Purity should also over cap all your ele resistances, which is critical to survival if you don't have curse immunity

4) You can get Purity of Elements Watchers eye that can give you up to 50% extra chaos res, which you badly need

As for Block Chance, you can get a better rolled shield for 1 more point of spell block. You can use a strength node tattoo to get your attack block to 88. Once you convert to the large cluster set up for end game, you can get a jewel that will help as well.

You were getting Power Charges when mapping from a combination of Assasins Mark and Disciple of Fortune (which both grant chance to gain power charge on death of monster), but when bossing, you were not getting to max charges with your Mark not having quality since nothing will die in boss fights that don't have ads. Now when you fight a boss you will have max charges.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 26, 2024, 3:26:59 PM
"
tufferugli wrote:

well basically monsters had 367% extra phys as elemental damage, insane attack/cast speed and always critted for 207% increased damage (iirc base crit for mobs is 130).
on top of that you were always chilled and took 50% more damage because you were always shocked...

the map had those
https://poedb.tw/us/Tentacle_Fiend
the wiki says that base damage for those at lvl 84 is 1,906 (phys) which become 6995 with all the extra phys as ele.

if they critted this doubled and then augmented again by shock, for a grand total of 20k per hit 😅

yeaaah I might have gotten a bit greedy, haha
but also I'm still pretty new to farming T17s so the map mods keep surprising me.
Are the tentacle fiends something I should avoid?
"

Your idea to swap Wrath for Purity of Elements is excellent for multiple reasons

1) Headhunter will provide you a ton of offense when mapping so you won't miss wrath

2) Getting a Purity of Elements will give you full ailment immunity which should increase your surviability

3) The 21/20 Purity should also over cap all your ele resistances, which is critical to survival if you don't have curse immunity

4) You can get Purity of Elements Watchers eye that can give you up to 50% extra chaos res, which you badly need

As for Block Chance, you can get a better rolled shield for 1 more point of spell block. You can use a strength node tattoo to get your attack block to 88. Once you convert to the large cluster set up for end game, you can get a jewel that will help as well.

You were getting Power Charges when mapping from a combination of Assasins Mark and Disciple of Fortune (which both grant chance to gain power charge on death of monster), but when bossing, you were not getting to max charges with your Mark not having quality since nothing will die in boss fights that don't have ads. Now when you fight a boss you will have max charges.

Thanks! I will get on that. When would you reccomend I swap to the cluster jewel end game build? My next goal is to get the haunted enchant for wand. Should I swap before that?
@Andy: Sweet cloak, must have cost a pretty penny!

For crit reduction, it's pretty easy to achieve 100% without the corruption on the shield, which is quite expensive with a good block roll. You probably already know, but for others:

- 50% on corrupted chest (cheaper than shield)
- 30% Sanctum of Thought on the passive tree, reachable via Impossible Escape jewel. You also spend a point on Sanctuary for 4%/4% block and +1% max all res. The block frees a whole jewel slot basically. If you have mana issues, also take Tireless.
- 20% using 4x Tattoo of the Rongokurai Turtle

Here's my PoB for an example: https://pobb.in/pdxRxjizH_Xf
Last edited by aimfeld on Aug 26, 2024, 3:45:44 PM
"
Mathue24 wrote:
"

Thanks! I will get on that. When would you reccomend I swap to the cluster jewel end game build? My next goal is to get the haunted enchant for wand. Should I swap before that?

There is no right or wrong answer here.

The wand enchant is great but very expensive. You can get the large cluster set up in place much sooner but it will lengthen the time before you can get the enchant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info