[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"

Just checked and you are right, you can get up to 80% reduced extra crit damage ... looking at both, for 79% reduced crit damage, is about 66 Div right now (30 for chest and 36 for cheapest Svalinn that has at least 25% reduced amount)

I appreciate the feedback Andy! I'll work on getting clusters and all other stuff sorted over the rest of the night.

Awesome work on everything! Come back often to share updates, ideas or for more questions.

When looking to buy the corrupted shield, make sure you keep your eyes on that Spell Block and buy one as high as possible. I would not buy a low rolled Svalinn for just the corruption. The 50% from the chest will suffice for a long time until you can save up for the well rolled Svalinn.

The corrupted shield is my next big purchase as I locked in a GG armor today (50% Crit reduction AND +1 to all max resistances)
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 25, 2024, 7:46:44 PM
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
Tenchuu wrote:
@AndyLovesHisBge I finished my intial transition to the Cluster Jewel Setup. Looks and feels much better.

https://pobb.in/GdRtdkY94CCH

Next I would probably aim for Mageblood.

You mentioned you play with Mageblood, could you share your PoB for some ideas/pointers? Thanks!

the damage is a little bit inflated from a number of things.
it's more realistically around 190M
https://pobb.in/z5_nRggPMWAF

still impressive!

I think the Punishment adjustment should be 60% or higher. We spend far more time in the lower damage portion of the curse than we do in the higher damage portion, meaning it is not a 50-50 split.
Hey, I'm about to swap to this build. First impresion is exciting.

Quick question, is better the Light of Meaning with + Lighting Damage or with + Mana? I already the mana version.
Last edited by Morderathh on Aug 25, 2024, 8:43:07 PM
"
Morderathh wrote:
Hey, I'm about to swap to this build. First impresion is exciting.

Quick question, is better the Light of Meaning with + Lighting Damage or with + Mana? I already the mana version.

Lightning damage will give a lot more damage.

Mana will give both damage (a smaller amount) and a little more surviveability.

You choose which is more important to your build and play style.
i've tried a simulacrum run with punishment in the kitava instead of assassin's mark.

overall i felt more tanky, but since i had to also change intesify for pcoc (to be able to generate power charges) i also felt the damage loss.

i don't know how much i like this honestly.

anyway, here's the video
"
tufferugli wrote:
i've tried a simulacrum run with punishment in the kitava instead of assassin's mark.

overall i felt more tanky, but since i had to also change intesify for pcoc (to be able to generate power charges) i also felt the damage loss.

anyway, here's the video

Why wouldn't Anathema generate your power charges?
"
Scarecrow1414 wrote:
"
tufferugli wrote:

anyway, here's the video

Why wouldn't Anathema generate your power charges?

Anathema requires curse to be self cast. The helmet curses are auto cast and as such do not proc Anathema.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 26, 2024, 2:34:52 AM
"
tufferugli wrote:

anyway, here's the video

I wonder how it would work to leave Intensify in this experiment as I would think in the extreme density of simulacrum, Disciple of the Forbidden would keep the power charges maxed out.

There might be an issue though at the start of the waves from 10 on as with out the max power charges instantly there, it may be trickier to start killing the first set of mobs. Tossing out a bunch of Brands just before the wave starts might help get the ball rolling.

I will run this test now, replacing my pcoc with a 20/20 Intensify.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 26, 2024, 2:38:13 AM
"
"
tufferugli wrote:

anyway, here's the video

I wonder how it would work to leave Intensify in this experiment as I would think in the extreme density of simulacrum, Disciple of the Forbidden would keep the power charges maxed out.

There might be an issue though at the start of the waves from 10 on as with out the max power charges instantly there, it may be trickier to start killing the first set of mobs. Tossing out a bunch of Brands just before the wave starts might help get the ball rolling.

I will run this test now, replacing my pcoc with a 20/20 Intensify.

oh wow! The experiment went better than I expected!

I replaced pcoc with Intensify and kept Assassins Mark in my brand as I normally keep it.

This may have been the easiest simulacrum I have ever done.

At the start of each wave, I dropped three brands and then instantly I would be at max charges and the charges had 100% uptime, they never dropped in all 15 waves, outside of one time when every one was dead and I was running around looking for a straggler stuck in a corner.

Outside of the 3 brands at the beginning of each wave, I only used them on the bosses (after wave 10 or so, no need to brand the bosses before 10 as they die so fast).

I do need to note that I only run 7 Power Charges so I don't know if you would see a difference in a build that uses 8.

With Simulacrums so cheap, I would recommend you try this experiment as well, I think you might be impressed.

I could feel how much stronger Intensify was when I planted my feet and said "lets dance!" And was only using a 20/20. A 21/20 should feel even better.

I am going to extend this experiment to mapping to see how it feels there. T16's are so easy at this point, it probably won't make a difference.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 26, 2024, 3:06:15 AM
"
Tenchuu wrote:
@AndyLovesHisBge I finished my intial transition to the Cluster Jewel Setup. Looks and feels much better.

https://pobb.in/GdRtdkY94CCH

Next I would probably aim for Mageblood.

You mentioned you play with Mageblood, could you share your PoB for some ideas/pointers? Thanks!

Just a very little change I'll make is to respect power charge duration and allocate the passive that gives +10 devotion (it's next to militant jewel socket) so you can get a tiny bit more mana regen and reduced mana cost.

And how does it feel without ailment immunity?
Last edited by Fealwen on Aug 26, 2024, 4:58:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info