[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"

oh wow! The experiment went better than I expected!

I replaced pcoc with Intensify and kept Assassins Mark in my brand as I normally keep it.

This may have been the easiest simulacrum I have ever done.

At the start of each wave, I dropped three brands and then instantly I would be at max charges and the charges had 100% uptime, they never dropped in all 15 waves, outside of one time when every one was dead and I was running around looking for a straggler stuck in a corner.

Outside of the 3 brands at the beginning of each wave, I only used them on the bosses (after wave 10 or so, no need to brand the bosses before 10 as they die so fast).

I do need to note that I only run 7 Power Charges so I don't know if you would see a difference in a build that uses 8.

With Simulacrums so cheap, I would recommend you try this experiment as well, I think you might be impressed.

I could feel how much stronger Intensify was when I planted my feet and said "lets dance!" And was only using a 20/20. A 21/20 should feel even better.

I am going to extend this experiment to mapping to see how it feels there. T16's are so easy at this point, it probably won't make a difference.

ahahahah yes, the difference in dps from pcoc and intensify is insane :D

i'm not a super fan of having to rely on disciple alone to generate pCharges while mapping, but in reality while mapping it really doesn't matter...

i'll try it :)
"
"
"
tufferugli wrote:
i've tried a simulacrum run with punishment in the kitava instead of assassin's mark.

overall i felt more tanky, but since i had to also change intesify for pcoc (to be able to generate power charges) i also felt the damage loss.

i don't know how much i like this honestly.

anyway, here's the video

I wonder how it would work to leave Intensify in this experiment as I would think in the extreme density of simulacrum, Disciple of the Forbidden would keep the power charges maxed out.

There might be an issue though at the start of the waves from 10 on as with out the max power charges instantly there, it may be trickier to start killing the first set of mobs. Tossing out a bunch of Brands just before the wave starts might help get the ball rolling.

I will run this test now, replacing my pcoc with a 20/20 Intensify.

oh wow! The experiment went better than I expected!

I replaced pcoc with Intensify and kept Assassins Mark in my brand as I normally keep it.

This may have been the easiest simulacrum I have ever done.

At the start of each wave, I dropped three brands and then instantly I would be at max charges and the charges had 100% uptime, they never dropped in all 15 waves, outside of one time when every one was dead and I was running around looking for a straggler stuck in a corner.

Outside of the 3 brands at the beginning of each wave, I only used them on the bosses (after wave 10 or so, no need to brand the bosses before 10 as they die so fast).

I do need to note that I only run 7 Power Charges so I don't know if you would see a difference in a build that uses 8.

With Simulacrums so cheap, I would recommend you try this experiment as well, I think you might be impressed.

I could feel how much stronger Intensify was when I planted my feet and said "lets dance!" And was only using a 20/20. A 21/20 should feel even better.

I am going to extend this experiment to mapping to see how it feels there. T16's are so easy at this point, it probably won't make a difference.

Have you tried +1 intensity mastery on single target?
i tried a simulacrum with no mark on kitava (punishment, enfeeble) and i went back to intensify instead of pcoc.

i died 1 time to a bonkers wave 13, mobs were tanky af (i didn't read the mods 😅).
wave 14 and 15 in comparison were a joke.

overall it felt like the best setup.

my only gripe is mana sustain.
i feel that before i was mana fulled all the time.
maybe the +80 mana on kill from ass mark and the regen from militant faith (is switched to an area damage one) were more relevant than i thought.

but if i have to be honest i never paid too much attention to my mana pool, so maybe i'm just being paranoid and it was always like this.

anywat if it wasn't for the random death it would be for sure 10/10.

maybe i'll try another simulacrum after lunch
"
Fealwen wrote:

Have you tried +1 intensity mastery on single target?

if mapping goes well today with the new set up, I am going to test out this mastery.

I stand still a lot in areas like Harvest, simulacrum, and Ultimatum so this would benefit me beyond just single target. I need to see which point on the tree I can swap from.
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
Tenchuu wrote:
@AndyLovesHisBge I finished my intial transition to the Cluster Jewel Setup. Looks and feels much better.

https://pobb.in/GdRtdkY94CCH

Next I would probably aim for Mageblood.

You mentioned you play with Mageblood, could you share your PoB for some ideas/pointers? Thanks!

the damage is a little bit inflated from a number of things.
it's more realistically around 190M
https://pobb.in/z5_nRggPMWAF

still impressive!

I updated the PoB with your settings.
Forgot about the average Inspiration Charge setting as well as the Reduced Punishment Effect custom modifier, but also added the missing "enemy is Debillitated", even more EHP, thanks!
I do have a Silver Flask for Pinacle Bosses and otherwise got a 100% uptime with my Boots 'Gain Onslaught on Kill', but I changed it for easier uptime calc (just missing some movement speed in PoB now, which I don't really need as I Frostblink all the time ^^)
I also disabled the Vaal Skill, as this may not be in effect for every situation.

https://pobb.in/L-GRrq0Yrm75
"
Fealwen wrote:
"
Tenchuu wrote:
@AndyLovesHisBge I finished my intial transition to the Cluster Jewel Setup. Looks and feels much better.

https://pobb.in/GdRtdkY94CCH

Next I would probably aim for Mageblood.

You mentioned you play with Mageblood, could you share your PoB for some ideas/pointers? Thanks!

Just a very little change I'll make is to respect power charge duration and allocate the passive that gives +10 devotion (it's next to militant jewel socket) so you can get a tiny bit more mana regen and reduced mana cost.

And how does it feel without ailment immunity?

Right now I don't mind the Mana Regen at all, but this may change when I also go for the PCOC instead of Inspiration change, then I will also have to recraft my Amulet and Ring for % skill cost :')

Ailments are no problem at all, I am freeze immune, got 50% chill effect reduction and 60% less burning duration. I did die once from 95 to 100, doing all kind of Content, Bosses, Simulacrum and stuff. Even offered some free bossing services, just to give it a stress test. Of course there are some impossible mods or mod combinations to run, like ele reflect and no reg, but overall it feels utterly broken. INSANE clear speed (also thanks to huge Oriath's End explosions) and Bosses just pop ^^
Last edited by Tenchuu on Aug 26, 2024, 10:00:56 AM
ok I completed my next experiment,

I swapped over to Militant Faith, Intensify instead of pcoc, +1 to Intensify mastery and Mark in the Brand setup.

I ran a simulacrum deathless. The reward levels were still roughly the same, high 5's and low 6's. Single target was very good with +1 to Intensify. No mana issues at all.

I ran this with only two shield skills, I still need to find something to replace my beloved Frenzy Charges.

While this all felt good, I can't honestly say it felt significantly better offensively than my Frenzy charge set up and I gave up a large amount of health pool even though it did not seem to effect me.

I am not sure where to go now with out a decent replacement for Cold Snap....

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think I am going to get my answer in T16's any more. I may be forced to run T17's to get some harder material to experiment on.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 26, 2024, 11:05:50 AM
well this is silly but fun....

In place of Cold Snap, I am test driving Tornado of Elemental Turbulence as my 3rd shield skill. In dense content I have 3 fast moving tornadoes hindering and doing small damage to everything around me.

Like the build does not have enough issues with visual clarity........lol
Is spell critical chance suffix necessary on wand? Would it be better if we go for focus double dip or smth else?
Has anyone tried something like Temp Chains or Ice Nova of Deep Freeze in the shield? Not so sure how well the Ice Nova will proc freeze and might need something like Elemental Proliferation to support ... which would mean losing frost shield or sigil of power (not sure how i feel about that one).

I'll try out the Tornado of Elemental Turbulence too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info