[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

Just wanted to update my progress on the build. Absolutely incredible, I have never beat Maven since the boss was released into the game and I can beat deathless on this build most the time. Speaking of, got extremely lucky and dropped Awakened Spell Echo and sold for 65 Div.

Here's my POB: https://pobb.in/dP88xTd0cWqk

What I'd like to ask for is to help me determine the best route for upgrades. I know eventually a mageblood would be fantastic, but there are several other important upgrades that I think need to happen first.

Some of the items for sure to upgrade:

1. Cap Chaos Res at 75% (need to make up 10% which can be done by upgrading boots with also upgrading 30%+ Movement Speed)

2. Capping Attack/Spell block via Jewels/Tattoos on tree

Items I am stuck on which to upgrade next:

1. Large Cluster jewel with Doryani's and Scintillating Idea to get more jewels and watcher's eye (wrath/zealotry) ... this would require me to re-roll eldritch implicit to lightning exposure and then replace wave of conviction in shield

2. Wand Upgrade (Super expensive when I've looked for near perfect - 30 Div+)

3. Bottled Faith

4. Maxed Rumi's Concoction (1% upgrade to both block types)

5. Cloak of Defiance with Reduced Extra Damage from Crit Strikes / Would pair with a Svalinn with same corruption to get near 85% reduction from crit strikes

However, I am open to any and all suggestions/feedback!
Where can freeze immunity be slipped in to this build?
"
TheGreatLee wrote:
Where can freeze immunity be slipped in to this build?

Brine King Pantheon, or ailment immunity via Purity of Elements or Stormshroud
What are you guys using or considering for the Anathema corruption?
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
Mathue24 wrote:
Hey bro, I converted to your build recently and while juiced T16s became easy, T17s are still a pain in the ass.

I've just wiped to a T17 without even getting to the boss to some mod (not sure which).

Check out my PoB: https://pobb.in/zu-wV8Brw6vW

I've followed your build to a T so idk why I still struggle on T17s. Could you maybe include the regex you use to run T17s?

without knowing the mods is literally impossile to say 😕

i’ll come up with a regex when i’ll come home (tomorrow)

Thanks! I aprecciate that.
Also you wanted map mods, wiped on this T17 just now (I even got a HH)
"
Just wanted to update my progress on the build. Absolutely incredible, I have never beat Maven since the boss was released into the game and I can beat deathless on this build most the time. Speaking of, got extremely lucky and dropped Awakened Spell Echo and sold for 65 Div.

What I'd like to ask for is to help me determine the best route for upgrades. I know eventually a mageblood would be fantastic, but there are several other important upgrades that I think need to happen first.

1. Cap Chaos Res at 75% (need to make up 10% which can be done by upgrading boots with also upgrading 30%+ Movement Speed)

1. Large Cluster jewel with Doryani's and Scintillating Idea to get more jewels and watcher's eye (wrath/zealotry) ... this would require me to re-roll eldritch implicit to lightning exposure and then replace wave of conviction in shield

3. Bottled Faith

5. Cloak of Defiance with Reduced Extra Damage from Crit Strikes / Would pair with a Svalinn with same corruption to get near 85% reduction from crit strikes

Congrats on your progress!!

* Please note for the wand, the end game wand you want to look for will have the Haunted by Tormented Spirits enchant on it. It is VERY expensive.

* Your current rare ring does not have the implicit maxed out via a blessed orb. You can get 3% chaos res with that (or even more if you have not yet used resistance catalysts on the ring). Check ring and belt for quality catalysts. You may be able to cap chaos res with the gear you currently own already.

* Add quality (life and mana) to your amulet

* The POB posted listed a warning that you do not have enough Strength to run the build. I don't know if this s just a POB issue or not. You may have added one more tattoo than you can support with your current strength

* I agree with all of your upgrade paths. I think the max crit reduction between shield and armor is 80% (50% from armor, and up to 30 on shield) and not 85%, but I may be wrong about this.

* You have Frenzy charges enabled in the config, but I don't see a source of Frenzy charges in your build....

* Light Eater caps the ES leech. As such the suffix you have on your Silver Flask is not helping you. You can change that suffix to what ever else can help you (curse or shock mitigation may be useful)

* You have a corrupted blood immunity jewel. You may be able to play with out the need for regular bleed immunity. If that feels true, you can change the life flask suffix to something else you may want or need

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 25, 2024, 7:23:35 PM
"
Mathue24 wrote:

Did you get a chance to fix the numerous issues I saw in your build that needed attending before you could farm T17's deathless?

As for this image...are you ailment immune?

If not, the "Non-Damaging Ailments you inflict are reflected back to you" is a VERY bad mod. We inflict massive shock as a non damaging ailment. If that shock gets reflected back to you, you are going to be taking a massive up 50% more damage on yourself. That would be very hard to survive IMO.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 25, 2024, 7:23:03 PM
"
"

3. Bottled Faith

Congrats on your progress!!

* Please note for the wand, the end game wand you want to look for will have the Haunted by Tormented Spirits enchant on it. It is VERY expensive.

* Your current rare ring does not have the implicit maxed out via a blessed orb. You can get 3% chaos res with that (or even more if you have not yet used resistance catalysts on the ring). Check ring and belt for quality catalysts. You may be able to cap chaos res with the gear you currently own already.

* Add quality (life and mana) to your amulet

* The POB posted listed a warning that you do not have enough Strength to run the build. I don't know if this s just a POB issue or not. You may have added one more tattoo than you can support with your current strength

* I agree with all of your upgrade paths. I think the max crit reduction between shield and armor is 80% (50% from armor, and up to 30 on shield) and not 85%, but I may be wrong about this.

* You have Frenzy charges enabled in the config, but I don't see a source of Frenzy charges in your build....

* Light Eater caps the ES leech. As such the suffix you have on your Silver Flask is not helping you. You can change that suffix to what ever else can help you (curse or shock mitigation may be useful)

* You have a corrupted blood immunity jewel. You may be able to play with out the need for regular bleed immunity. If that feels true, you can change the life flask suffix to something else you may want or need

AHHH right, I just upgraded to that corrupted blood immunity jewel and completely forgot to remove that flask mod from life flask. Good eye on the ES leech on the other flask... For now, I am rocking Reduced Effect of Curses instead.

Didn't even think about the catalysts part, will get those quality values up on everything (resistances, life/mana mods)

The frenzy charges is a mis-click by me, I don't get frenzies as I am not running Cold Snap anymore... that should just be Power/Endurance charges.

That's weird about the STR requirement showing invalid. I have nothing showing that I can't equip due to not having the strength requirements as I believe the reduced attribute requirements from amulet fix that.

Just checked and you are right, you can get up to 80% reduced extra crit damage ... looking at both, for 79% reduced crit damage, is about 66 Div right now (30 for chest and 36 for cheapest Svalinn that has at least 25% reduced amount)

I appreciate the feedback Andy! I'll work on getting clusters and all other stuff sorted over the rest of the night.
"
Mathue24 wrote:
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
Mathue24 wrote:
Hey bro, I converted to your build recently and while juiced T16s became easy, T17s are still a pain in the ass.

I've just wiped to a T17 without even getting to the boss to some mod (not sure which).

Check out my PoB: https://pobb.in/zu-wV8Brw6vW

I've followed your build to a T so idk why I still struggle on T17s. Could you maybe include the regex you use to run T17s?

without knowing the mods is literally impossile to say 😕

i’ll come up with a regex when i’ll come home (tomorrow)

well basically monsters had 367% extra phys as elemental damage, insane attack/cast speed and always critted for 207% increased damage (iirc base crit for mobs is 130).
on top of that you were always chilled and took 50% more damage because you were always shocked...

the map had those
https://poedb.tw/us/Tentacle_Fiend
the wiki says that base damage for those at lvl 84 is 1,906 (phys) which become 6995 with all the extra phys as ele.

if they critted this doubled and then augmented again by shock, for a grand total of 20k per hit 😅

"
Tenchuu wrote:
@AndyLovesHisBge I finished my intial transition to the Cluster Jewel Setup. Looks and feels much better.

https://pobb.in/GdRtdkY94CCH

Next I would probably aim for Mageblood.

You mentioned you play with Mageblood, could you share your PoB for some ideas/pointers? Thanks!

the damage is a little bit inflated from a number of things.
it's more realistically around 190M
https://pobb.in/z5_nRggPMWAF

still impressive!
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 25, 2024, 7:38:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info