[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

https://pobb.in/1Gl70ESW1sYd
I know im missing some expensive upgrades, but im not quite sure why my blockchance is only 52/54.
Also, if someone could give me an idea what i should upgrade next, thanks.
Last edited by Turbopuschel1 on Aug 25, 2024, 4:52:25 AM
thanks I'll look for a new cluster and gems soon enough. My mana cost is high due to not having anything related to lessening mana cost other than my ring. I have the nodes at the scion side that increases mana cost. I tend to not have any mana issues unless the altar reduces mana regen per endurance charge, in which case I unallocate the ascendancy node during the map. I heard having really high mana is good for this build though, so I aimed for the current 9k mana pool.

EDIT: sorry forgot to quote Andy for his response on my pob.
Last edited by sht1ck0 on Aug 25, 2024, 8:19:09 AM
"
"
Weikeman wrote:
Hello, really enjoying this verion of the build!

2 Days ago i got a mirror drop, so i got a lot of currency to spend still, around 250 divines.

What's the next logical step in my build? Ring corrupt on anathema? Better Rare ring? Jewels?

https://pobb.in/T_ry1zoWNzmp

Here is my POB, got myself a mageblood so maybe i need to change some suffixes on flasks?

Congrats on the Mirror drop! Here are some comments

1) Remove the 2 points to Paralysis in the large cluster. We only want to use the two nodes on the outside. Use those 2 points you save back in the main tree as shown in the first posts POB using large cluster.

2) Fix your Sulphur flask. You did not get a good enough roll on the stun suffix to assure you stun immunity. Get a roll of at least 52% on the stun suffix.

3) Get a perfectly rolled Rumi's to increase your spell block

4) Get a perfectly rolled Svalinn to increase your spell block

5) Your chaos res is way to low for your budget. You are at -31. Consider changing as many rare pieces as possible to get all ele resists and chaos resists capped together. Use the rare gear to get all the resistance you need and avoid using implicits if possible. For example you want Action Speed on your boot implicit, not elemental resistance. If this proves too difficult, you may want to first step back and consider using Purity of Elements. Purity will cap your ele resistances, give you ailment immunity, and through the use of a watchers eye, help cap your chaos res. There is no wrong choice here so do what feels good to you.

I would fix these key issues first and then come back and we can take another look and recommend what is next.

Ok, i fixed the first 4 problems, but i do not know what to do about the chaos res, i gained about 50-60 chaos res so im sitting at 26% right now.

I dont really want to switch to purity of elements because i lose a lot of damage and utility from zealotry if i do..

Do you think its worth switching to Purity of elements anyway?

https://pobb.in/U0NumLuqYzcQ

Here is the PoB
Last edited by Weikeman on Aug 25, 2024, 10:13:30 AM
Any recommendations on which t17 mods to avoid? The most recent patch made some of them easier I guess.
Hey bro, I converted to your build recently and while juiced T16s became easy, T17s are still a pain in the ass.

I've just wiped to a T17 without even getting to the boss to some mod (not sure which).

Check out my PoB: https://pobb.in/zu-wV8Brw6vW

I've followed your build to a T so idk why I still struggle on T17s. Could you maybe include the regex you use to run T17s?
"
Weikeman wrote:

Ok, i fixed the first 4 problems, but i do not know what to do about the chaos res, i gained about 50-60 chaos res so im sitting at 26% right now.

I dont really want to switch to purity of elements because i lose a lot of damage and utility from zealotry if i do..

Here is the PoB

hello!

*In this POB, your large cluster still looks wrong to me. See the first issue I mentioned in my response to you for more information.

* I can't answer whether you should switch to Purity or not. I can only tell you what it will give you (the benefits of which I mentioned already so I won't repeat myself). If you want to stay with more damage, that is perfectly fine. Play the game how you enjoy it :)

* I would recommend getting a completely fresh POB import for yourself. This one looks a bit corrupted as you have all your items listed twice and is causing multiple warnings in the build.

* Note that you do not need Wave of Conviction any more as you now have Exposure on your gloves. You can now add Elemental Weakness to the build. I believe the guide uses Conductivity in the shield and Elemental Weakness to the Brand set up. Check the first post under Large Cluster POB for more info.

* You can add more cast speed to the build by getting a better rolled Anathema and using catalysts on it. I believe you can get 6% increased cast speed for a very small cost doing this.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 25, 2024, 10:49:44 AM
"
Turbopuschel1 wrote:
https://pobb.in/1Gl70ESW1sYd
I know im missing some expensive upgrades, but im not quite sure why my blockchance is only 52/54.
Also, if someone could give me an idea what i should upgrade next, thanks.

Hello! Thank you for coming to the thread and sharing your POB.

Note that you need two things to see your full lucky block chance

1) Rumi's flask must be active

2) You have to look on the left hand panel of POB for your "lucky" block chance. The in game character sheet will not calculate lucky block chance.

When I import your POB and I activate Rumi's flask (which is an important source of block), I see your block chance at 85/83. You can improve both your Rumi's flask and your shield for more block chance

As for upgrades, you could consider these as they are not super expensive and you can knock them off one at a time while gaining currency

* Get quality on your flasks in general for more uptime

* Get a Power Charge corrupted helmet

* You have the wrong implicits on the gloves. This build does almost no cold damage. We do all lightning damage so both implicits won't help you in this build. Change these two implicits to "leech life on lightning damage" and "Chance to Unnerve on hit". These will give you offense and defense

You can get started on these and then come back for a new round of suggestions if you like later :)

"
Mathue24 wrote:
Hey bro, I converted to your build recently and while juiced T16s became easy, T17s are still a pain in the ass.

I've just wiped to a T17 without even getting to the boss to some mod (not sure which).

I've followed your build to a T so idk why I still struggle on T17s. Could you maybe include the regex you use to run T17s?

without knowing the mods is literally impossile to say 😕

i’ll come up with a regex when i’ll come home (tomorrow)
"
"
Weikeman wrote:

Here is the PoB

hello!

*In this POB, your large cluster still looks wrong to me. See the first issue I mentioned in my response to you for more information.

* I can't answer whether you should switch to Purity or not. I can only tell you what it will give you (the benefits of which I mentioned already so I won't repeat myself). If you want to stay with more damage, that is perfectly fine. Play the game how you enjoy it :)

* I would recommend getting a completely fresh POB import for yourself. This one looks a bit corrupted as you have all your items listed twice and is causing multiple warnings in the build.

* Note that you do not need Wave of Conviction any more as you now have Exposure on your gloves. You can now add Elemental Weakness to the build. I believe the guide uses Conductivity in the shield and Elemental Weakness to the Brand set up. Check the first post under Large Cluster POB for more info.

* You can add more cast speed to the build by getting a better rolled Anathema and using catalysts on it. I believe you can get 6% increased cast speed for a very small cost doing this.

The PoB seems to be super messed up since Neither the large cluster thingy or Wave of conviction is still there.

But as for anathema, i will do as you say since its seems cheap and easy

https://pobb.in/txUnk5h9RNUy Fixed PoB
"
Mathue24 wrote:

hello, I can't help you with T17 reg ex specifics but I do see some basic issues in your build that you need to fix before you can think of farming T17's:

* You are undercapped on Fire res. This will get you killed in a T17 map. Since you are not curse immune, nor have any curse mitigation that I can see, you want all your ele resistances to be capped at 75, and have the uncapped versions at around 109. Elemental Weakness is going to murder you on T17's :)

* Your chaos res is only 20%. That is not good for T17's. You are going to want to raise this as close to 75 as possible

* Your silver flask, which is key for damage, is missing quality. Add quality for higher uptime

* Your block chance is not yet maxed out. You can still add attack and spell block chance to your build that will help you survive more. Every point counts :)

* Add quality to Automation for higher up time of Arcane Cloak (helps both offense and defense)

* Add quality to Punishment for a nice layer of defense you are missing

* You are missing the critical quality on Assassins Mark. This is how you generate Power Charges in the build as you are not using Power Charge on Crit support. You must get this to full quality so that you can maintain your max power charges. Of all the items that need to be fixed, this is by far the most important

I would recommend dropping down to T16's, and fixing these issues and then convert to the large cluster setup, before attempting T17's on a regular basis.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 25, 2024, 11:17:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info