[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

First off, thanks to OP Tufferugli for posting this variation of the Ice Nova of Frostbolts variation. Like most others on this thread, started off with the Ziz/Goratha starter version of this build and was thinking there had to be a variant that leverages block and the new Svalinn shield. Browsing Reddit, found a link to this POE thread... luckily!

Up front, this build is insanely GOOD, even for as little as I have invested right now which is probably close to 10 divines. But the amount of content I can basically faceroll is nuts. I am running pretty juiced content with Destructive play, and it handles it with ease ... and this is without +1 max power charges helm, maxed chaos res (+6% res right now for chaos), and several other decent upgrades on gear/jewels.

Also, really appreciate all the different suggestions in this thread and responsiveness from players like AndyLovesHisBge. There's been some really cool suggestions that I've been playing with that slightly vary from the guide with pathing and notable selection like Corrupted Soul versus Inner Conviction. I chose Corrupted Soul as I felt the damage is great even without IC, so went a little tankier. Though, I saw a great suggestion for a Militant Faith stacking reduced ailment duration per devotion that I may look into. Looking forward to continuing this build and keeping up with this thread...thanks!
"
First off, thanks to OP Tufferugli for posting this variation of the Ice Nova of Frostbolts variation. Like most others on this thread, started off with the Ziz/Goratha starter version of this build and was thinking there had to be a variant that leverages block and the new Svalinn shield. Browsing Reddit, found a link to this POE thread... luckily!

Up front, this build is insanely GOOD, even for as little as I have invested right now which is probably close to 10 divines. But the amount of content I can basically faceroll is nuts. I am running pretty juiced content with Destructive play, and it handles it with ease ... and this is without +1 max power charges helm, maxed chaos res (+6% res right now for chaos), and several other decent upgrades on gear/jewels.

Also, really appreciate all the different suggestions in this thread and responsiveness from players like AndyLovesHisBge. There's been some really cool suggestions that I've been playing with that slightly vary from the guide with pathing and notable selection like Corrupted Soul versus Inner Conviction. I chose Corrupted Soul as I felt the damage is great even without IC, so went a little tankier. Though, I saw a great suggestion for a Militant Faith stacking reduced ailment duration per devotion that I may look into. Looking forward to continuing this build and keeping up with this thread...thanks!

welcome!! please share with us any changes or improvements you make to the build and of course ask any questions you might have.

The build is REALLY good and appears to continue to get better the more you invest in it.
"

Seconded. Big thanks to all the contributors in this thread (including but not limited to those who you named).

My build is finally up and running and I'm having a blast (sans the cluster jewel, GGG hasn't blessed me with the right rolls yet and I refuse to pay 10d for it on the trade site).

I did get rolled by a t17 boss earlier (it was close), but I think that's cause I carelessly took the curse reflect mod from a searing exarch altar.
Last edited by Martingale7 on Aug 24, 2024, 5:58:36 PM
"

thanks!

yes, I confirm that you see the true power of Svalinn when you transition from an already strong non-block version.
in doing so, you can see for real the night/day difference in tankyness that the shield makes. it's insane imho.

variations are great!
in the guide I try to propose a balanced well-proven build, but that's just a blueprint.
testings and experiments with new ideas are what makes builds really shine.
the "cluster version" was made exactly like this :)

and yes man, Andy is the fucking man! he helped so much people in this thread!
i think that if the thread has been so active/popular is just because of him :)
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 24, 2024, 6:11:45 PM
"
Martingale7 wrote:
Seconded. Big thanks to all the contributors in this thread (including but not limited to those who you named).

My build is finally up and running and I'm having a blast (sans the cluster jewel, GGG hasn't blessed me with the right rolls yet and I refuse to pay 10d for it on the trade site).

I did get rolled by a t17 boss earlier (it was close), but I think that's cause I carelessly took the curse reflect mod from a searing exarch altar.

i'm happy that you are having fun with the build! :D

as for the curse reflect mod... sheeeeit 😂
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 24, 2024, 6:10:20 PM
"
tufferugli wrote:

as for the curse reflect mod... sheeeeit 😂

clicking on this stupid mod one too many times spurred me to get Curse immunity

lol
A lot of people are interested in becoming even more tanky, so I asked AndyLovesHisBge to share his version of the build to have a reference.

You can find it in the pob section.
I've been running some juiced maps using delirium and I thought I'd weigh in on mods that you should avoid and if you don't how to handle them.

Elemental Reflect - I love it. Throw on a Sibyl's, change to reflect pantheon and off you go. I also swap Wrath to Purity of Elements to make up for res I lose from ring.

Cannot regenerate life or mana - Swap out Rummi's for mana pot. Easy.

Monster crit/crit multi - Get reduced crit damage chest corruption and take reduced damage from crit on tree.

- max res - Not a problem on its own. It's when it gets matched with elemental damage on map, or when you take elemental damage altars. Just got to be aware.

If you see these mods. Don't run the map. Give it to your mappers. Obviously this depends on the content your running.

Reduced block % - If you like being humbled by white mobs, run these maps. One shots for days (I do these maps anyway but I'm an idiot).

Cannot leech from monsters. I've tried various ways to get mana/life on hit and I just don't like it. Feels clunky and you get popped often. Also makes maps take twice as long.

I've been running this build for a while now and I've had good results, however I feel like I'm plateauing in upgrades because I feel like the next possible one is the GG Wand alongside 100 div enchant. Is there anything else I can focus as of now?

Current thoughts:
Remove Glorious Vanity and Healthy Mind; swap to similar POBs here and use the extra points for jewels for corrupted blood immune. (i can survive corrupted blood because of leech and minor god)

Maybe swap to ralakesh, BotB setup from Poe Ninja, but I'm not certain its an upgrade

Thought about swapping one of my utility flasks for quicksilver but right now, all seem important

Most gems are 20/20, got unlucky in corrupts and haven't gotten to buying 21/20 lately

--
Heres my POB
https://pobb.in/FKMGKGXeh3JL
I turned off most configs that are IMO exclusive to bossing such as sigil of power, low hp, and frost shield. I tend to map more than boss killing. I still die to the giga atlar juiced maps and whenever my action speed is lowered to unleechable.
"
sht1ck0 wrote:

--
Heres my POB
https://pobb.in/FKMGKGXeh3JL
I turned off most configs that are IMO exclusive to bossing such as sigil of power, low hp, and frost shield. I tend to map more than boss killing. I still die to the giga atlar juiced maps and whenever my action speed is lowered to unleechable.

hello! Thank you for sharing your pob. Here are some general comments you may consider

* Your ES leech is capped with Light Eater nodes. As such, the large cluster node Storm Drinker does not give you any ES leech. I would recommend changing this node to Scintillating Idea

* Put quality on Punishment. It gives a nice layer of defense to the build

* Put quality on Automation. It gives higher uptime for Arcane Cloak

* Next steps would be to start upgrading your skills and supports to either 21/20 or 21/0 where needed

* Put quality on Sigil of Power for another layer of defense

* You have some room to add two Attack Block tatoos on your strength nodes

* I noticed you have a very high mana cost. Are you having any issues sustaining mana when playing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info