[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
Fealwen wrote:

Elemental damage + area damage militant faith is an insane boost to dps, maybe that can change your mind :D. Need to check that on pob tho. But damage wise it'd be an incredible buff.

I am having a very hard time finding any two stat militant faith that does not effect our nodes. I can get Elemental Damage easu enough but the second stat always seems to be wasted. I will have to keep checking the web site often.
"
"
Fealwen wrote:

Elemental damage + area damage militant faith is an insane boost to dps, maybe that can change your mind :D. Need to check that on pob tho. But damage wise it'd be an incredible buff.

I am having a very hard time finding any two stat militant faith that does not effect our nodes. I can get Elemental Damage easu enough but the second stat always seems to be wasted. I will have to keep checking the web site often.

i think it would be best to have reduced cost and then ele/area dmg.

that way one can drop inspiration and use a better sixth support.

buuuut that has to be tested ingame to see how the mana regen feels.
(i was trying it out before leaving for the vacation)
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
"
Fealwen wrote:

Do you guys have any suggestion on what to farm, I am doing essence right now, but it feels like it'll take forever get mageblood :D
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
"
Fealwen wrote:

I would be interested to hear your results when you come back.

From a pure numbers standpoint, Inspiration provides 40% LESS cost. I think Militant faith will provide ~10% REDUCED cost.

I think the "Less" vs "Reduced" might make a big difference similar to comparing "more" to "increased"
"
Fealwen wrote:

Do you guys have any suggestion on what to farm, I am doing essence right now, but it feels like it'll take forever get mageblood :D

I ground out Expendition, Legion and Harvest to Mageblood. It was a slog.

I have since switch to Ultimatum and the currency is pouring in at a significantly faster rate. I think I have made over 30d since I put on my Mageblood yesterday and switched to Ultimatum.

Note that this is VERY hard material and very easy to die if you pick the wrong effects per wave.
Would it make sense to have inner conviction, the large cluster, and also spend 5 points to get corrupted soul towards the middle of the tree for more tank? Or does corrupted soul not have too much of an effect in this build?
Probably one of the best builds I've ever played. Super fun and tanky. Even with my scuffed gear: https://pobb.in/iGA3FXXXjMkz ... I'm both poor and not great at this game.

Need a better wand, more chaos res, stygian vise and fix my dex. Then ???

What are people farming with this build? Thanks for a great build!
"
aimfeld wrote:
Would it make sense to have inner conviction, the large cluster, and also spend 5 points to get corrupted soul towards the middle of the tree for more tank? Or does corrupted soul not have too much of an effect in this build?

you can only have one timeless jewel active on your tree, so you have to choose between inner convction or corrupted soul.

both are valid.

i like inner convction more because it needs less point on the tree and because i like big dumb damage numbers :D
"

From a pure numbers standpoint, Inspiration provides 40% LESS cost. I think Militant faith will provide ~10% REDUCED cost.

I think the "Less" vs "Reduced" might make a big difference similar to comparing "more" to "increased"

i started the test because you and another guy were talking about the mana cost of your nova.

iirc it was something around 350, while mine was much less.
so i thought that if both of you could sustain it i could try to drop inspiration.

with inspiration my mana cost is 199, if i swap it for pcoc it bumps up to 325.

i just runned a couple of t16 and pinnacle bosses and it seemed ok, but it needs to be tested in more "stressful" situation
"
tufferugli wrote:
"

i started the test because you and another guy were talking about the mana cost of your nova.

iirc it was something around 350, while mine was much less.
so i thought that if both of you could sustain it i could try to drop inspiration.

with inspiration my mana cost is 199, if i swap it for pcoc it bumps up to 325.

i just runned a couple of t16 and pinnacle bosses and it seemed ok, but it needs to be tested in more "stressful" situation

that sounds promising. That would also allow you to put Punishment in the helmet and put Assassins Mark under brand control.

As of right now at level 100, I am at 262 mana cost, in hide out.

As for stress testing, the only material I have seen where my mana runs out is late wave Ultimatums.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 24, 2024, 4:28:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info