[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

Hi, I am currently using roughly the following build, which is a Archmage MoM with no Crit and it has spell suppression:
https://pobb.in/oaTeo_xZPpxo

In this current build, I am increasingly limited with damage in the end game but enjoy the survivability. Is it worth to upgrade my current build to the Lazy Nova Archmage (having around 25-30 divine)? Would I gain a lot of damage? How much survivability do I lose?
"
ThomasR wrote:
Hi, I am currently using roughly the following build, which is a Archmage MoM with no Crit and it has spell suppression:

In this current build, I am increasingly limited with damage in the end game but enjoy the survivability. Is it worth to upgrade my current build to the Lazy Nova Archmage (having around 25-30 divine)? Would I gain a lot of damage? How much survivability do I lose?

I am a bit confused here. This looks like the Zizz/Goratha build.

If that is true, the build you are playing is SIGNIFICANTLY (I can't overstate this enough) less tanky than the Svalinn build is.

People switch to the Svalinn build to get MORE tanky, not less, from the Spell Suppress Version.

We all know EHP is not a great stat, but it still has a small amount of relative merit. Your POB has an EHP of 158,722. My current build has an EHP of 1,028,677. It is a night and day difference.
This is a great guide. I transformed from ziz's build to this and it's completely different beast.

Do you have t17 regex please?
Good day. While there is no access to the computer and the game, I was thinking in my spare time. In the cluster version, we are looking for Jewels with + block. But for characters of level 100 there is a more interesting option, in my opinion. Jewel Impossible Escape. Through the skill, for example, Glansing Blows - access to Sanctuary / Tireless / Sanctum of thought. Or Ghost Dance - Soul Thief / Mind drinker / Circle of life. Then you can remove the tattoo on the block of attacks, and take immunity to bleeding + critical damage x2 + chaos res +% mana with the second jewel. What do you think, AndyLovesHisBge, tufferugli?

"
Successor1 wrote:
This is a great guide. I transformed from ziz's build to this and it's completely different beast.

Do you have t17 regex please?

You can look at my character, pobb was somewhere here. T17 is quite easy to complete without deaths, if I'm not greedy, as well as some uber bosses.

p.s. Another thought, if we could get some mana leech somewhere, we could think about changing the amulet...
Last edited by wdragonbsk on Aug 22, 2024, 10:31:17 AM
"
ThomasR wrote:

in my experience the svalinn version has more ehp and more damage.

spell suppression applies just to spell, block also to attack.

we lose 1 wand (since we need to equip a shield), but we gain a new way damage multiplier: crits.
"
wdragonbsk wrote:
Good day. While there is no access to the computer and the game, I was thinking in my spare time. In the cluster version, we are looking for Jewels with + block. But for characters of level 100 there is a more interesting option, in my opinion. Jewel Impossible Escape. Through the skill, for example, Glansing Blows - access to Sanctuary / Tireless / Sanctum of thought. Or Ghost Dance - Soul Thief / Mind drinker / Circle of life. Then you can remove the tattoo on the block of attacks, and take immunity to bleeding + critical damage x2 + chaos res +% mana with the second jewel. What do you think, AndyLovesHisBge, tufferugli?

p.s. Another thought, if we could get some mana leech somewhere, we could think about changing the amulet...

damn… i didn’t know that impossible escape was a thing…
those kind of jewels (like thread of hope and inuitive leap) drive me crazy, i’ll experiment with it in pob (found a version for mac) tonight.

if you want to add bleeding immunity the easiest way is a corrupted anathema (20div)

about mana leech, afaik it’s only avaible for attacks, but, as i’ve already said, i took a loong pause from poe, so maybe now there are some way to have it.

but honestly i think that if there was a way every version of the build will have already implemented it, cause it will BROKEN.
Can someone explain why we are getting a number of "reduced mana cost of skills" mods? Is it due to ice nova costs? If so, do you still care about it if you arent really ever going OOM? Looking to drop that from the ring and wondering if it'll be a big issue
"
Renen wrote:
Can someone explain why we are getting a number of "reduced mana cost of skills" mods? Is it due to ice nova costs? If so, do you still care about it if you arent really ever going OOM? Looking to drop that from the ring and wondering if it'll be a big issue

It is a bit of a balancing act I have found and you kind of need to experiment in POB.

The balance relates, at least in part, to the Inspiration support gem. The higher your mana cost, the less stacks of Inspiration you will be able to get to before it resets back to zero.

But I personally would not go overboard on reducing the mana cost too much either. Try and find a balance that works for you.
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
wdragonbsk wrote:

damn… i didn’t know that impossible escape was a thing…
those kind of jewels (like thread of hope and inuitive leap) drive me crazy, i’ll experiment with it in pob (found a version for mac) tonight.

if you want to add bleeding immunity the easiest way is a corrupted anathema (20div)

about mana leech, afaik it’s only available for attacks, but, as i’ve already said, i took a loong pause from poe, so maybe now there are some way to have it.

but honestly i think that if there was a way every version of the build will have already implemented it, cause it will BROKEN.

I am sadly not a creative thinker, so with out seeing a POB in front of me I have a hard time seeing what the possibilities are but this of course intrigues me.

As for mana leech for spell casters, all forms were purged from the game a few years back I believe. We need to depend on other solutions like mana regen, mana recoup on damage taken, mana recoup on skills usage, mana recoup on killing monsters etc....

I do have an innate fear of Glancing Blows in case you guys go for that socket location for our build. My fear is Arcane Cloak is going to fire off, chewing up 60% of your mana, and then your are going to be taking a million hits (simulacrum) that will all, at best, make you take 60% of your damage, which then eats quickly through arcane cloak and the rest of your mana and you lose the ability to leech/deal damage and then you are in big trouble. I have not tested it though to be fair.

We have done well to mask our physical mitigation deficiencies, but I think Glancing Blows could put a big spot light on the issue.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 22, 2024, 11:47:31 AM
"

I do have an innate fear of Glancing Blows in case you guys go for that socket location for our build. My fear is Arcane Cloak is going to fire off, chewing up 60% of your mana, and then your are going to be taking a million hits (simulacrum) that will all, at best, make you take 60% of your damage, which then eats quickly through arcane cloak and the rest of your mana and you lose the ability to leech/deal damage and then you are in big trouble. I have not tested it though to be fair.

We have done well to mask our physical mitigation deficiencies, but I think Glancing Blows could put a big spot light on the issue.

This jewel does not give us the tree node itself. It simply allows you to grab other nodes around it, without being connected to the tree around it.
Therefore, nothing will happen to our block because of this :)
Last edited by wdragonbsk on Aug 22, 2024, 11:55:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info