[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

https://pobb.in/dV6I587shWJl

Hello, what do you guys think about mine? I got ailment immunity through militant faith and used elemental per devotion to further increase dps. I can use reckless defence jewel to cap my blocks or just put 2 block tattoos on str and get to 86-84. Any comments will be highly appreciated.
"
I happened to notice that you can get an Atziri's Foible corrupted with Life Leech from Lightning Damage on it.

We would give up 36% mana regen but it would open up a node on the large cluster.

Is there anything we can get in the large cluster in place of Doryani's lesson that would more than compensate losing the mana regen? I think we could even change the base of the large cluster (spell and elemental bases) since Scintillating Idea is just a nice to have and not mandatory. Maybe this opens up many other combinations of nodes for us.

I will start digging in case anything looks good.

Well you can also get block attack damage, then you dont need to path through devation node(under red nightmare) and free up 3 passives
"
SendoTakeshi wrote:
What do you guys think about an awakend spell echo support? Its expensive as f** and i am not sure if all the divs are worth the gain

Take it as the absolute last item in min maxing. All we get from the jewel is the 5% more speed for an insane amount of currency.

We sadly don't benefit at all from the cool effect of "Final Repeat of Supported Skills has 20% chance to deal Double Damage"

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 21, 2024, 6:26:36 PM
"
Fealwen wrote:
https://pobb.in/dV6I587shWJl

Hello, what do you guys think about mine? I got ailment immunity through militant faith and used elemental per devotion to further increase dps. I can use reckless defence jewel to cap my blocks or just put 2 block tattoos on str and get to 86-84. Any comments will be highly appreciated.

That is a very clever way to get ailment immunity. If I understand it correctly, you become immune because you effectively set the ailment duration to 0. Wonderful!

General comments (almost all are quality based)

* Don't forget to get quality on your flasks for much better up time

* Change the base of your rare ring to Amethyst and you can cap chaos res

* everything looks really good and you can probably transition to the large cluster set up soon.

* Put quality on Spell Echo. We get spell damage from that

* Put quality on Sigil of Power. We get an added layer of defense from that

* Put quality on Punishment. We get an added layer of defense from that

* Put quality on More Duration and Automation for better up time of Arcane Cloak

"
SendoTakeshi wrote:
What do you guys think about an awakend spell echo support? Its expensive as f** and i am not sure if all the divs are worth the gain

from the wiki:
"
The additional expansions from Frostbolts do not count as "repeats," and as such will not receive the escalating damage of Greater Spell Echo Support or be modified by "final repeat" modifiers such as Awakened Spell Echo Support

basically only 1 of our 8 novas will have a 20% chance to deal double damage.

let's say that a single nova does 100 dmg and we cast ice nova 10 times.
every single nova will do 1000 dmg. we create 8 novas every cast so
8 * 1000 = 8000

let's swap awakened spell echo in.
1 of our novas has now 20% chance do deal double damage, basically meaning that, if we cast ice nova 10 times again, this nova will do the usual 100 dmg 8 times, but 2 times it will do 200 dmg.
so this nova has done 1200 dmg after 10 casts, but the other 7 the usual 1000 so
7 * 1000 = 7000 + 1200 = 8200

this is a 2.5% damage increase.

other than that, the awakened version gives 5% more cast speed compared to a lvl20 regular spell echo.

factoring the added cast speed it's probably a grand total of ~5% of dmg increase.

unless this is one of the last pieces that you are missing I don't think that this is worth the 53+div that people are asking for awakened spell echo.

TL;DR
no
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 21, 2024, 6:49:22 PM
I am fairly new to the game and I never interacted with jewels. This militant faith is so confusing to me, doesnt it replace my nodes completely? do i still retain "original" node bonus? do i need to allocate the point to actually get the bonus from the changes node? I found some jewels that replace my +1 maximum power charge node into physical damage reduction, do i lose that max power charge? is it worth it?

i got this timeless jewel calculator website thats how i check different seeds, but i dont wanna overspend on that jewel. like the guy before me who said he gets immunity to ailments but he doesnt have the node that got replaced allocated

help,
confused exile
"
Fallozaur wrote:
I am fairly new to the game and I never interacted with jewels. This militant faith is so confusing to me, doesnt it replace my nodes completely? do i still retain "original" node bonus? do i need to allocate the point to actually get the bonus from the changes node? I found some jewels that replace my +1 maximum power charge node into physical damage reduction, do i lose that max power charge? is it worth it?

i got this timeless jewel calculator website thats how i check different seeds, but i dont wanna overspend on that jewel. like the guy before me who said he gets immunity to ailments but he doesnt have the node that got replaced allocated

help,
confused exile

all of the timeless jewel will change the keystones (BIG passive point on tree) to something else (Inner Conviction in the case of Militant Faith)

certain timeless jewel (glorious vanity) will also ALWAYS change your small and medium passive points.
other timeless jewel (like the militant faith that we are using) have a chance to do it.

the catch is that we really like our tree, so we want to avoid militant faiths that change the points that we have allocated, like this one:

all the medium nodes (highlighted in red) are still what they were before, so we still have their bonuses plus the ability to allocate Inner Conviction (higlighted in green).

this one still gives us the access to Inner Conviction, but it also overrides the lightning notable, and we don't like that

the militant faith that you have overrides the power charge node, so you will not receive an additional power charge, so it's not good.

you should seek a militant faith that doesn't override any of the nodes that we use, like the one in the first pic

Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 21, 2024, 7:11:20 PM
amazing explanation, thanks so much! makes sense now <3 thx
I haven't tested with Foible...but I think Ashes gets a TON of mileage seeing as we slot so many active skills. +1 lvl and +30 quality to all of those feels too big to pass up. Currently buffs 14 of my slotted gems.
Last edited by Seanprice798 on Aug 21, 2024, 8:23:50 PM
"
Seanprice798 wrote:
I haven't tested with Foible...but I think Ashes gets a TON of mileage seeing as we slot so many active skills. +1 lvl and +30 quality to all of those feels too big to pass up. Currently buffs 14 of my slotted gems.

If you get a chance, please share your POB, I would like to do a direct comparison so that I can educate myself.

Note that we have a bunch of skills in the build that do not really benefit from quality including:

Conductivity, Enfeeble, Elemental Weakness, Aura of Choice, Frostblink, Wave of Conviction and Frostbolt
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 21, 2024, 9:02:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info