3.25.1 Patch Notes Preview

I'm not sure why they felt they had to mess with the existing system and rewards. Was it because we had too much dust piling up? Why not lower the curve on the top end so we start using say 50k per shipment vs. 8k? They improved recombinators. That should help give us places to dump so much more of it as well.

This wasn't a broken mechanic in any way. It takes time and attention to send your boats off constantly. This mechanic was 100% my favorite league start and felt the most polished I can remember.

What is the point of messing with it in a negative manner??? Who and how was this being exploited???
Thanks for the patch, i guess i won't be interacting with league mechanic anymore. I don't need another job.
why lie saying it is a buff to the dust? it was an absolute nerf to everything, be honest for once, this just made the town an infinite grind with next to rewards due to the "buff"
Fix the game for consoles. After that patch you cant make a 2 minutes in game time before it crashes.
This patch nerfed Kingsmarch to a degree that there's no reason to interact with it at all anymore. No, my Kingsmarch isn't maxed out, no I'm not blasting T17s, I'm mostly doing T14s. No, I'm not playing for 8+ hours a day. I jsut want the league mechanic to feel rewarding and worthwhile to do. Before the patch when I was sending 5-7k of each plant out with 8-10k dust I was getting some rewards, now I'm getting maybe 1/3rd of those rewards.

Revert the changes and fix it correctly. This patch has really hurt the 90% of people who aren't blasting maxed maps with 5 scarabs per map.
Man you GGG guys are funny :D I will explain why.

But lets start by saying that I completely understand the change to shipment dust and I agree that it was necessary.
Everyone had millions of dust pile up since it wasn't used in huge amounts. Nobody maxed disenchantment. It was impossible and not useful to add millions of dust to shipment.

The change was necessary.
This is a good change.
Period.

However I find extremely funny the way you communicated it.
"
and in almost all cases this is a buff from before.

This little statement right here. "It's not completely a lie" - screamed the 16 year old patch notes writer. However considering how dust was used up till now - 15k per shipment since its logarithmic and returns past that point are diminishing, everyone knows that, everyone sends 15k dust, everyone has millions of dust stacked.

Then this change to linear scaling is actually a nerf in almost all current use cases. It does open up a high end scaling possibility, I know! But for current uses of dust it is very literally a NERF.

But you thought your player base could get angry again (ahem, with the poverty league going on, you know)... So you tried to use some doublespeak statement to help massage the message "for more positive perception by the public".

And the funniest part! Since we already know you guys are into a popularity contest with your players!

The players will still notice it was a nerf!!

So now on top of the fact that you "nerfed something" (which again, was necessary) - now you also lied to your players. But the lie was a very evident one, so it furthermore makes it look like you think your players are stupid.

Drumroll, slow clap, you guys are funny.
And in this case \funny\ is said in a very sarcastic tone.

Aren't there any... grown-up people working in GGG ?
I had 96 lvl jugg on hardcore, died on a huge 6 second lag, where in the beginning of the elder map bunch of monsters somehow spawned.
I could not even exit or shut down the game. Completely freezed.
I have good pc and internet connectivity very stable. This thing was most probably not error on my side. Never encountered something like this before.

Maybe GGG can do something about this.
Can you assign at least one tester to test these important scenarios?
Game should be stable in these situations.

Btw, I love the game. Just pointing out important things.
Last edited by Gl4d0s on Aug 14, 2024, 3:36:37 PM
The Dust change to shipping value is wayyyy worse. And I'm not a power gamer by any stretch. But the risk/reward of using the dust the previous way was much much better.

Shipping feels completely pointless to use now.
TL;DR: Jonathan is still a game developer.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
"This means the way Thaumaturgic Dust affects Shipment Value/Risk now directly correlates with the amount of rewards you will receive, and in almost all cases this is a buff from before."

Send the some ships with the same amount of crops/dust as before and now have less profits. I'm sorry to say it but is it bugged somehow? I just don't want to believe that GGG lied to players a little telling that's a buff
Last edited by ForsesGIT on Aug 14, 2024, 2:25:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info