An Update on a Native Path of Exile Client for PlayStation 5

I am stuned by their decision to not even comment on the problem. This is not a minor bug or glitch, the game is unplayable in its current state and GGG don't even bother to communicate with us. They said mid August, is well over their set "deadline" and nothing.

This screams volumes about how much they care about PS5 version.

I am done supporting this developer as long as it treats me like a 2nd tier citizen on my own money.
For me it helped to change the Console Language to English(US) from German.

If you really want to do something they care about, i think the Helldiver method of changing the Review to 1 Star would help.
I CAN'T DO A SIMULACRUM WITHOUT CRASHING THE GAME, WHERE IS THE PS5 VERION FOR THIS?????
Hey, just curious.

What's GGG's idea of a few weeks?

For the rest of us normal people that's roughly 2-3 weeks (that's 10-15 buisness days)

We're at 13. An update on how things are going is typically expected mid way through a project. So.....how about it?
We just need some communication - their silence is not doing anyone any good.

Just look at the comments on this thread, lots of over reaction but this is due to the buggy mess this season has been and the promise of what many hoped be an update to solve many of the performance issues we have been seeing?

Perhaps the new native client is worse, hence the zero comms?
Its hard to find an Overview About the Port itself.
This ist what i found

PoE Console Native Ports
We’ve been hard at work improving the Path of Exile experience on consoles. The game now takes full advantage of the console hardware: loading times have been reduced even further, pop-in has been reduced, and textures won’t start unloading in heavy scenes.

Furthermore, overall visual fidelity has been improved for all new generation consoles. Path of Exile now uses the highest available resolution textures and water effects. We’ve installed a new upscaling algorithm that improves the crispness of dynamic resolution, with an additional anti-aliasing pass on top of that.

AI Guides
As Path of Exile continues to evolve, we are committed to enhancing the gaming experience across all platforms. We have been diligently working on significant improvements for the console versions of Path of Exile, ensuring that players on these platforms can enjoy the game to its fullest potential.

Optimized for Console Hardware
One of our primary goals has been to take full advantage of the powerful hardware offered by modern consoles. Here are some of the key improvements:

Reduced Loading Times
Loading times have been a focal point of our optimization efforts. By refining our loading processes and leveraging the hardware capabilities of consoles, we’ve managed to reduce loading times significantly. This means less waiting and more action for players.

Decreased Pop-In
We’ve also addressed the issue of pop-in, where objects and textures would suddenly appear as you move through the game world. By optimizing how assets are loaded and rendered, we’ve minimized pop-in, ensuring a smoother and more immersive experience.

Improved Texture Management
In heavy scenes, players previously experienced textures unloading, which affected the visual quality of the game. We’ve enhanced our texture management system to prevent this issue, maintaining high visual fidelity even in the most intense scenarios.

Enhanced Visual Fidelity
We understand that visual quality is crucial for an immersive gaming experience. As such, we’ve implemented several upgrades to improve the overall visual fidelity of Path of Exile on new generation consoles.

Highest Available Resolution Textures
Path of Exile now utilizes the highest available resolution textures, ensuring that every detail in the game world is sharp and clear. From the intricate designs on armor to the lush environments of Wraeclast, everything looks more detailed and vibrant.

Improved Water Effects
Water effects have also seen a significant upgrade. The new water rendering techniques provide realistic reflections, refractions, and fluid dynamics, adding an extra layer of immersion to the game’s environments.

Advanced Upscaling Algorithm
To enhance the crispness of dynamic resolution, we’ve installed a new upscaling algorithm. This algorithm works in conjunction with an additional anti-aliasing pass, resulting in smoother edges and a clearer overall image. Whether you’re exploring dense forests or battling hordes of enemies, the visual quality remains consistently high.

Conclusion
These improvements are part of our ongoing commitment to providing the best possible Path of Exile experience on consoles. By leveraging the full potential of console hardware and implementing advanced visual technologies, we aim to make every moment in Wraeclast more immersive and visually stunning.

We hope you enjoy these enhancements and look forward to your feedback as we continue to refine and optimize Path of Exile for all platforms. Thank you for your continued support, and we can’t wait to see you in the game!

Why do the Most think, that this port will Stop all the issus in console?
Because of better use of the Hardware maybe?
Atm i think, there must be Bih Problems with the Code of the Game and the consoles

We got so much storage Bug and Crashes, that i cant Imagine, how the Native Client could fix all this Problems.

But the Problem ist clear. The Game gets closer to poe2. Grafics will Change and so on.
But i come to realize, that poe2 in console will Not BE a Thing . The hardware of the consoles causes to much problems,
"
Why do the Most think, that this port will Stop all the issus in console?
Because of better use of the Hardware maybe?

I think there is decent chance it will, two major variables likely to be tweaked in the move from PS4 to PS5 will be the size of the memory pools for things like textures and the amount of threads used for computation and loading game data.

This should reduce many of the stutters / glitches I see whilst playing such as the texture for the X button on the tips screen unloading and reloading on every map load screen :laughing: and much of the in game stuttering or freezing

The PS5 port will benefit greatly from those changes as there is a lot more memory and the CPU is much more powerful.

I am however a little worried GGG continuing support for the PS4 for POE1 may not be possible in it's current form

That said ... when can I have it? Update please GGG :)
Improved Texture Management
In heavy scenes, players previously experienced textures unloading, which affected the visual quality of the game. We’ve enhanced our texture management system to prevent this issue, maintaining high visual fidelity even in the most intense scenarios.

I think the above is the reason why we are experiencing dc's and crashes. They have removed it from the PS4 version of the game. I do not see this happen no more.

Also comms would be nice GGG.
Please give us an update. Had to put this season on hold until the new client is released. The wait is even worse after seeing the announcment of early access for the sequel
I/O bus speeds and ram.

PS4 is massively restricted in this - remember that system is designed with mechanical HDD’s in mind and lower speed ram - hence the texture unload, freeze and eventual crash to load screen.

PS5 is the huge improvement in this area and will probably resolve most issues people see here.

The changes we see with each season, mob density - modifiers etc are added with PC restrictions in mind, then they shoe-horn it into a semi-functional state for our 2020 gaming laptops 😉

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info