PoE 2 becoming a totally seperate game from PoE 1 is absolutely brilliant!

"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

Yeah, I guess time will tell. After seeing POE2 adopting a lot of Ruthless design decisions, I'm kind of glad they separated them now. If I have to pick between the two right now, it looks like POE1 will be the answer.

Helluva silver lining, huh? =0[.]o=

No kidding.

I am worried that POE1 might get the DOTA treatment. Initially DOTA received updates alongside DOTA2, but that stopped and DOTA died off.

They may view POE2 as a viable offramp for POE1 and use that as a reason to focus their time and resources on POE2. It's too early to say for certain and purely speculative, but that would not be great from my perspective.

That imo depends heavily on how much of PoE 1's playerbase migrates over to PoE 2. If PoE1 keeps pulling numbers similar to now, then it will be updated and maintained just fine.
doublepost
Last edited by Xyel on Jul 30, 2023, 8:14:37 AM
"
Xyel wrote:

That imo depends heavily on how much of PoE 1's playerbase migrates over to PoE 2. If PoE1 keeps pulling numbers similar to now, then it will be updated and maintained just fine.

If that's the bar to keep updating POE1, then we might as well prepare the funeral arrangements. Some people will not but up for the possible POE1/POE2 cycle and will pick up one of the two. A part of that group will pick POE2; meaning the numbers are bound to be less than now.

I hope that's not the case.
Last edited by Nubatron on Jul 31, 2023, 7:41:28 AM
Absolutely brilliant is ofc a typical here, fanboyish hyperbole, when all they do is just go standard sequel route, not to mention don't keep their word in the process.

It is safer and maybe a right decision though - they can test the waters, see how 2 is doing and if is a fail, just bring 1 into the 2's engine and make it a shiny new Path of Exile Rexiled Forever. It might also prevent 1 from getting ruined by 2's systems etc etc.
Imagine someone steals your wallet and a bunch of people are watching it happen, You think well they'll do something.. say something.. make a fuss?

What you didn't expect was for everyone to start clapping for the thief.

That's whats happening here and it hurts a lot to see.

Empathy?
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jul 31, 2023, 8:36:03 AM
I am definetly in favour of making it into 2 separate games.
I will definetly enjoy both games.
PoE 1 will definetly be the go to zoom zoom, simple explode the screen and somewhat chill kind of game.
PoE 2 will be the go to for boss hunts, more physical and the sheer ammount of build planning, i`m going to love and i`m sure it will eventually reach some kind of zoom zoom level with some simpler to play builds but have more of that physical feel to it.
"
Angrybagel wrote:
It's going to split the community which isn't a good thing.

The resulting community may even grow. There are tons of people that may return to POE. I for once expect POE 2 community to outnumber current POE 1 within 1 year of its release.
"
"
Angrybagel wrote:
It's going to split the community which isn't a good thing.

The resulting community may even grow. There are tons of people that may return to POE. I for once expect POE 2 community to outnumber current POE 1 within 1 year of its release.

I imagine that's the whole idea. =-[.]-=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I guess poe isn't a game meant to be played forever...
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Moridin79 wrote:
I guess poe isn't a game meant to be played forever...

I guess not.

https://youtu.be/pM_5S55jUzk

=-[.]-=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info