Improvements to Item Drops

"
PhoebePOE wrote:
Almost everyone seems to be missing the fact that GGG (Tencent) has had Path of Exile Mobile on the roadmap for a long time now.

When something like that is on your roadmap, as a studio, you typically have to start thinking about how to maximise profits from it in order for development resources to have been worth it.

On mobile, it is virtually impossible to have as many monsters and loot as has been historically available on PC

PoE as we know it would just brick any phone, so it would have to be a game with massively reduced monsters on the screen, and massively reduced loot.

This means that if as a studio you release a game on mobile, and it has way less monsters, action and loot drops associated with the game, you provide almost no incentive to your pre-existing fanbase or anyone that has played your PC version to really invest into your mobile game and start spending on microtransactions.

They had to do something to provide that incentive, and because as a PC user you are no longer the target audience -> they opted to simply "nerf" Path of Exile down to the ground to be more in line with their upcoming Mobile release.

That means:

Less loot, less mobs, way simpler league mechanics that mostly just recycle previous content dressed up.

If you think that this league's changes are the only or worst of it you are in for a rude awakening. They are just now only getting started skinning the entire game.

They don't care if you announce you're quitting.
They don't care if you do.
They don't care if these posts are reaching 130 pages of complaints.

That is their calculated risk. You are no longer their target audience. You are a (mostly) free player that will likely not invest in Path of Exile Mobile, and ultimately POE2. You have become dead resource to them and Tencent.

They will continue to make you feel like they are "buffing" the broken loot and mechanics, carefully wording around using percentages and the words "more" to somewhat try and salvage a little bit of retention from the most guillable audience. After all, the most guillable are the ones most likely to also spend.

If you as a content creator or fan want to reach GGG and have your words mean something to them:

Stop announcing you are quitting the game they don't mind you quitting.

Start calling them out on this business plan, and then announce you will *never* even consider playing their upcoming mobile game.

like seriously, who gonna play mobile poe? literally nobody, at least I am sure about me.
This is my first time writing a post on the forum, although I have played this game for more than 2k+ hours since League Abyss

This is the worst league I've seen, although I had high expectations. I absolutely do not understand what is the point of your slowing down the progression if we are playing to have fun, and not one shots from mobs and 0 loot. It's so funny because it's a PVE solo game, and you make patches like we're fighting a rare monster for a million dollars

I'm done with this league and maybe with the game.

Cant wait to see the News filled with negativity because of the broken promises, about transparency and honesty in patches and leauge mechanics..

Chris said "historically" and thats always bad.. but in this state the Game will be uninstalled..

Sad..
docLeave
Sigh… POE was so close to becoming something great - it would’ve been the next big hit like wow or d2, but alas….
You will always be close to my heart. I’ll maybe come back and play you sometimes, for nostalgia.
?x0= still o :3
The main char is a half-elf for the whole story OSHOCK FACEo
2022 expansion 10/10, transparency 0/10... sadge rip PoE
I've been playing this game for 7 years, this by far is the worst league ever.
Global loot/Currency isn't fixed, I'm actually getting less loot now then I did yesterday. Chris your game is dying and your just letting it die. I thought maybe you could recover if 3.19d was good enough, it's not and your fans are also dying. In almost a week you went from 250k to 30k, oh also mf characters aren't realistic when you have to also build tanky as well.
Seems like an epic failure on this league. Was it by design to purposely push people away? Doesn't make sense.
pserver cooming soon keep it GGG make it more worst
so they have more reason for make pserver
"
This is my first time writing a post on the forum, although I have played this game for more than 2k+ hours since League Abyss

This is the worst league I've seen, although I had high expectations. I absolutely do not understand what is the point of your slowing down the progression if we are playing to have fun, and not one shots from mobs and 0 loot. It's so funny because it's a PVE solo game, and you make patches like we're fighting a rare monster for a million dollars

I'm done with this league and maybe with the game.

Cant wait to see the News filled with negativity because of the broken promises, about transparency and honesty in patches and leauge mechanics..

Chris said "historically" and thats always bad.. but in this state the Game will be uninstalled..

Sad..

you're absolutely right.. POE is PVE games, but worse than buyoff game now as we don't need to worry the drop rate getting nerf in the game after some DLC updates LOL...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info