Diablo Immortal is POE killer

"
Chalace2 wrote:

I guess for some it is...

You are still not providing any proof.

You are only having steam numbers and you are pretending that you can guess everything else from that one single number.

Thats not a very scientific way of data analysis.

Show me the data or just admit that you have no clue about the actual numbers like anybody else.
"
Zerber wrote:

I think we are done here...
"
Zerber wrote:
"
Chalace2 wrote:

I guess for some it is...

You are still not providing any proof.

You are only having steam numbers and you are pretending that you can guess everything else from that one single number.

Show me the data or just admit that you have no clue about the actual numbers like anybody else.

Oh dont be so intentionally blind to info that's readily available. GGG will occasionally brag about player concurrency records, and then post them in the news feed. My 12yr old nephew could divide the Steam concurrency peak with the GGG total and then get a percentage.

It's around 60% of total players using the Steam Launcher from the last total GGG posted. Stop being so obtuse about it.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Chalace2 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Chalace2 wrote:

You missed the point entirely...

The simple fact is that 10 million+ people actually wanted to try it.
PoE gets MAX 200k, if that, also including bots, for a week every 3/4 months...

GGG has never gave us data about "downloads" of PoE.
Once again. Go learn the diffrence between dwonloads and CONCURRENT PLAYERS, then we can talk.

Cute...
Not sure what you're even arguing at this point. Or are you just trying to convince yourself?

We have a pretty good idea of how many people play PoE... along with 10 years of data, evidently showing minimal growth since 2018.

Currently *19, right behind wallpaper engine.

And hwo many players play Diablo Immorta? You claim its 100 times more. And you base it on what? Amount of downloads?
Ah yes, thats totally the same /s
96k/148k (65%) were Steam players back in Abyss according to Chris. I thought I saw a post from GGG in the last few years that said Steam is about half now but I could be misremembering. Player growth really doesn't mean anything. This game has shown that nobody will ever quit no matter how bad a league might be because there is no competition. GGG can't lose in the next few years unless Diablo 4 is amazing.

Diablo Immortal is going to crater quickly without updates. I was curious to see the penalties for having too low of a combat rating. If I switch to Hell 2 difficulty I take 142% more damage and deal 58% less damage. Not for any stat-related reason...it's just to encourage you to dump money into the game so you can jump the hurdle. Once you reach the arbitrary number you deal/take your regular damage again.

The winning move right now is to only log in for the shadow assembly for the free exp, get your daily free crest, and log out without killing anything. In a month your paragon will be high enough to leech the next difficulty. There's no benefit to playing the game with the time gate (except 2x a week Helliquary boss.)
"
Aynix wrote:

And hwo many players play Diablo Immorta? You claim its 100 times more. And you base it on what? Amount of downloads?

It is exactly the same, if you read what I actually wrote, and not just make up things for the sake of arguing.

I'll even give you a hint, as apparently it's needed.
"
10 million+ people actually wanted to try it

You can argue all you like, semantics or whatever, it really doesn't matter. PoE caps out about 250k, at best, for 1 week each season. And we all know a not-insignificant portion of that are bots.

Nothing you say will change that.
Last edited by Chalace2 on Jun 14, 2022, 10:11:03 PM
^
You don't need to argue because you only have one side of the answer, PoE's numbers are what they are, DI's numbers aren't known so you can't compare.

If you think 10 million is alot for a mobile game i'd invite you to go do some reading on the player breakdown of popular mobile titles and their various ratios for paying customers and earners. Just to make the point Pubblegum Mobile has been downloaded 1.12 billion times.

What will DI get to? Who knows but personally I hope its to 0 via being shutdown for scumbag practices :p but they'd have to shut down all the others too oh no...
"
Chalace2 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

It is exactly the same, if you read what I actually wrote, and not just make up things for the sake of arguing.

I'll even give you a hint, as apparently it's needed.
"
10 million+ people actually wanted to try it

You can argue all you like, semantics or whatever, it really doesn't matter. PoE caps out about 250k, at best, for 1 week each season. And we all know a not-insignificant portion of that are bots.

Nothing you say will change that.

Once again you compare number of poeple who WANTED TO TRY IT (and most likely uinstalled taht crap after 15 min) to number of people who CONSTANTLY PLAY THE GAME.

Do you see the diffrence or still will be stuck in your own reality where Blizzard makes good games?
Just read a pretty balanced (but unfortunately pay-walled) article about Diablo Immortal on The Washington Post. Although it pointed out how easy it is to get your money's worth with the game (play the story for free), it also made clear that the public outrage against Diablo Immortal is, for once, actually not up to the task of properly explaining just how bad the game's monetisation model really is. I find that really fascinating, and I wonder if it's something Blizzard anticipated when they decided to release DI to the West and then to PC gamers. After all, the biggest defences we've seen so far are almost scheduled: it's free to play; you don't HAVE to spend money; it's a mobile game, what did you expect? Surely they took all those into account (and their counterarguments) and figured it really didn't matter.

Ziz came at Wyatt. What did Wyatt do? Smile, dodge, thank him for his tweet. End of story.

None of the defences we've seen so far invalidate just how egregiously pay to win the game is, and it's only once a person accepts that that they can see that the pay to win baked into DI isn't normal even by mobile standards. It is multi-vectored, deliberately obfuscated and yet impossible to ignore past that honeymoon period of, oh, about 5-10 hours of genuinely engaging, classic Diablo content, depending on how much you want to stay a while and listen to Cain.

A Washington Post article: not something I can or likely ever will be able to say I'll see regarding Path of Exile. Just a little reminder of how insignificant PoE and GGG still are in the gaming world at large. Meanwhile Blizzard shit this monstrosity out and everyone is talking about it. Even you. Even here.

Even. You.

Something something no such thing as bad publicity something something...
The name says it all.
Last edited by 鬼殺し on Jun 15, 2022, 3:27:58 AM
laughed heartily

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info