Poor GGG, they just can't win can they?

"
Phrazz wrote:
What...!?

So, let me get this right: Through the new endgame atlas system, you have the ability/power/control to tailor your own experience. You get to choose WHAT content to experience, how often you experience it - and now, even what content NOT to experience. The game is filled with a million different league mechanics, encounters and whatnot.

Still, people NEED more. And when we get more, it's the wrong kind of more - because you "have to do something outside of combat". I thought people were here BECAUSE of PoE's depth and complexity, not despite it.

I understand people advocating for balance changes, and I do agree there - especially in the hit-based (physical) melee department. But to whine for yet another "activate this and a bunch of monsters spawn"-mechanic, when we have several of those already, I don't really get.

Amen Brutha! Couldn't have said it better to myself.....
For those ppl who cpmplain about some skills being weak and needing buff.
Is it elemental dmg? use omniscience
Its not elemental skill? Make it into one, then use omniscience.

Enjoy yout free 500% dmg buff.
"
Aynix wrote:

I like how you're trying to "help", by highlighting everything that is wrong.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
What...!?

So, let me get this right: Through the new endgame atlas system, you have the ability/power/control to tailor your own experience. You get to choose WHAT content to experience, how often you experience it - and now, even what content NOT to experience. The game is filled with a million different league mechanics, encounters and whatnot.

Still, people NEED more. And when we get more, it's the wrong kind of more - because you "have to do something outside of combat". I thought people were here BECAUSE of PoE's depth and complexity, not despite it.

Leagues are not made equal. Some of them are fun while other are annoying for the sake of being annoying.
Best example of non combat league i enjoyed a lot is expedition. A lot of time spend on thinking but entire process is fun. You play with known set or rules but every time you have to solve unique problem.
On the other hand, scourge and archnemesis are terrible boring and annoying. There is no "depth and complexity" but "clicks and more clicks".

As a kid I enjoyed playing with lego and later Minecraft. Being able to use same elements and get different results was amazing. Now imagine your experience with Lego|Minecraft is limited to building only one type of castle. Once finished you repeat entire process of building the very same castle again and again and again. This is how archnemesis and scourge felt like and im afraid this is also what i will feel like about sentinel.
Last edited by karoollll2534 on May 8, 2022, 5:10:36 PM
"
karoollll2534 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
What...!?

Leagues are not made equal. Some of them are fun while other are annoying for the sake of being annoying.
Best example of non combat league i enjoyed a lot is expedition. A lot of time spend on thinking but entire process is fun. You play with known set or fules but every time you have to solve unique problem.
On the other hand, scourge and archnemesis are terrible boring and annoying. There is no "depth and complexity" but "clicks and more clicks".

As a kid I enjoyed playing with lego and later Minecraft. Being able to use same elements and get different results was amazing. Now imagine your experience with Lego|Minecraft is limited to building only one type of castle. Once finished you repeat entire process of building the very same castle again and again and again. This is how archnemesis and scourge felt like and im afraid this is also what i will feel like about sentinel.

I think you will be wrong about sentinel. I actually prefer the more simple stuff. Sentinel seems much more complex, having it's own passive tree and what looks to be lots of different customizable combinations. Not sure how much more complex you can get. I'm one of the ones who doesn't like complexity, which is why I'm not favoring this league, but I'm not going to complain about it either, since other like complexity.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

I like how you're trying to "help", by highlighting everything that is wrong.

Didnt people say just some numerical change to dmg will fix those skills? Why dont they play them using Omniscience that pretty much triples dmg on every elemental dmg? Still not enough dmg?

"
karoollll2534 wrote:

Best example of non combat league i enjoyed a lot is expedition. A lot of time spend on thinking but entire process is fun. You play with known set or rules but every time you have to solve unique problem.
scourge felt like and im afraid this is also what i will feel like about sentinel.

Meanwhile Im on the opposite side. I hated expedition (still skipping it, and cant wait to block it in 3.18) while I rly liked Scourge. Archnemsis was fine, just slap random 4 mods and enjoy little extra loot.
Last edited by Aynix on May 8, 2022, 7:11:01 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
Didnt people say just some numerical change to dmg will fix those skills?

No, I think people were critiquing that those skills didn't even get a numerical buff, even though they need way more than that.

If funneling a build through ONE item is your definition of "diversity", I don't really think we should even begin to discuss the matter, so we might as well just stop before we really begin, because in my mind, it's everything BUT diverse.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
PoE is an always online live service game, that comes with certain expectations. If people want to play a deep unchanging ARPG they can always go play Grim Dawn or whatever. GGG is releasing a barebones update and the third minimalist league in a row, yet once again asking people to give them up to $180 for supporter packs. To support what? Undoubtedly there will be a new loot box and "battle pass" as well, limited edition buy now before they are gone. People don't have problems with all this monetization when they are shoveling out content. Where did the money I dropped last league go though? That was a good update even though the league was crap, if they want to take a break from releasing anything worthwhile then they should take a break from the usual begging for money they do.

Have I personally played every build possible in the game? No, don't be ridiculous, there are far too many for that. Have I played all the ones that sounded interesting and realistically achievable to me, AFAIK yes. It's been like a 3 leagues since any interesting new skills were added, I burned through my last rainy-day build last league. I have nothing left to play in an update that adds nothing interesting to do, but GGG is still trying to sell me MTX that makes it impossible to see anything on the screen for 20 seconds after leveling up, because somebody thought that was a good idea and was worth $30.
Last edited by Astasia on May 8, 2022, 8:21:44 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
Didnt people say just some numerical change to dmg will fix those skills?

No, I think people were critiquing that those skills didn't even get a numerical buff, even though they need way more than that.

If funneling a build through ONE item is your definition of "diversity", I don't really think we should even begin to discuss the matter, so we might as well just stop before we really begin, because in my mind, it's everything BUT diverse.

Who said anything about diversity? We were talking whether numerical changes would actually change anything.
You want a better snapshot of spoiled modern gamers look @ the D2R forum. It's to hard to convince yourself most of it isn't one big troll mission - but the frightening reality it isn't.

Threads like: "Someones hit 99 the season is over"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info