Poor GGG, they just can't win can they?

"

Indeed it is (here in Australia too!) but I'd be very surprised if the removal of the 'out' and emphasis on the 'far' didn't also allude to a different F word. It's up to the listener to decide, which is what makes it so good as slang. It's like innuendo: if you point out how dirty it is, you're the one being dirty.

Although from what I can tell, the actual etymology of 'far out' is its own thing, starting with jazz culture, and always meant something good. That's far out, man. Dig it.

It's a great movie, everyone should watch it.

Do you think Chris Wilson demands all his staff call him Shogun?
"
It just isn't fun. Having to skip some of the map to avoid dying during leveling is ignorant.

Hey, now even SC players can experience how HC players play the game!
"
el_indio wrote:
"

Indeed it is (here in Australia too!) but I'd be very surprised if the removal of the 'out' and emphasis on the 'far' didn't also allude to a different F word. It's up to the listener to decide, which is what makes it so good as slang. It's like innuendo: if you point out how dirty it is, you're the one being dirty.

Although from what I can tell, the actual etymology of 'far out' is its own thing, starting with jazz culture, and always meant something good. That's far out, man. Dig it.

It's a great movie, everyone should watch it.

Do you think Chris Wilson demands all his staff call him Shogun?

I wish I'd seen it before his other stuff, honestly, and feel bad for leaving this long. I think a back-to-back viewing of Boy and Once Were Warriors would be an excellent primer for Star Wars and Marvel fans. :)

___

I am fairly sure he doesn't, but on the other hand, probably better 'Shogun' than a certain other Axis-aligned Taika caricature we've seen recently. ^_^

The only Taika movie I'd say is even vaguely emblematic of what little I know of GGG would be What We Do In The Shadows.

But these days they're more like Angel season 5, in which the good and very independent vampire and his scrappy staff go seriously corporate and join forces with their traditional enemy: lawyers. For, wait for it, The Greater Good.

The Greater Good.

The Greater Good.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"We tested it extensively, and were happy with the level of difficulty when we released it."

~ Cringe Wolcen

This is peak winning.
8 mod maps are the new alch and go.
Last edited by zakalwe55 on May 15, 2022, 12:43:37 AM
Not sure what this has to do with Wolcen, but nice pun I guess?

___

I'm amazed and disappointed at the lack of rebuke to that particular post. I'm going to paste it here and then analyse what I actually read.

"
Transitioning from the old monster mod system to Archnemesis was meant to make rare and magic monster fights more challenging. And it certainly did. We tested it extensively, and were happy with the level of difficulty when we released it. In general, we feel that in Path of Exile it's better to introduce things slightly too challenging than slightly too easy, and so we awaited player feedback and death data to see if it was actually too hard for the average player.

'We were happy with the level of difficulty when we released it' is fine, but then 'we awaited player feedback and death data to see if it was actually too hard for the average player' tells you something else: they did not have the average player in mind when they decided this level of difficulty was fine.

The usage of 'slightly', repeatedly, to indicate the level of challenge (which was clearly extreme) comes across as condescending in that light rather than charmingly understated, which might have been the goal.

Some are understandably claiming this is all PR and spin, that it likely wasn't tested sufficiently internally at all. Ignoring the fact that the game has never been sufficiently tested internally and can never be sufficiently tested internally due to its complexity, we can't really know either way if that's true or if GGG really were like, yeah, this is fine. They'll be fine.

Either way, it was another classic TencentGGG 'non-apology' that to me amounted to, 'we thought you guys were better than this, clearly not, oh well, our bad, lol'.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"

Either way, it was another classic TencentGGG 'non-apology' that to me amounted to, 'we thought you guys were better than this, clearly not, oh well, our bad, lol'.

I think that sums it up nicely.
Probably really better this way than buffing monsters after a league has started.
I have no experience with the new rares and magic monsters, though. I don't know if they are (too) hard now, but given that I did play Archnemesis more (or to higher content) than any league before, I think that rares with multiple AN mods are not to be trifled with.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"

I think that sums it up nicely.
Probably really better this way than buffing monsters after a league has started.
I have no experience with the new rares and magic monsters, though. I don't know if they are (too) hard now, but given that I did play Archnemesis more (or to higher content) than any league before, I think that rares with multiple AN mods are not to be trifled with.

But Therion me old mate, how am I supposed to not-trifle with them and watch Netflix at the same time!?
I've got a problem with the fact they obfuscate the messaging to present a circumstance not true to the result.

Basically the reason we didn't get balance changes this league was to leave us with established strong shit to use as the test case for the new modifiers, I'm fine with that but i'd honestly have preferred if they came out and said it.

I think telling fibs is an established business strategy but it has to be the kind of lie that players don't notice, boiling the frog is a real thing it happens in every industry.

GGG just throw the frog in then surprised pikachu when it jumps out :p come on guys, treat us like idiots or treat us like adults but don't just burn that isn't good for anyone.

tldr: this outcome was obvious and I doubt QA didn't flag it, also this post brought to you by alcohol, apologies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info