Poor GGG, they just can't win can they?

"
Aynix wrote:
"
seandkiller wrote:
The amount of people in here that can't seem to fathom that people still want buffs to underused crap.

Same people dont realize they wont play those skills even after 500% dmg buff to those skills, because those skills are crap not because of low dmg, but because of "mechanic" of the skill.

This statement is untrue except for skills that feel absolutely horrendous like stormbind. It might not become "meta" because mechanics restrict it but lets be real here that isn't true either.

EA totems play like shit and before 3.17 launched it was a pretty common opinion that it wouldn't become a dominant build simply because of how bad totems + delayed damage feels.

We all know how that turned out, Skelly mages were considered mechanically awkward too still see plenty of those.

It isn't even complicated the more damage a skill has the more can be allocated to fixing its mechanics and defensive requirements.

I doubt there is a skill in the game that I couldn't clear fast and efficiently with if you gave it a 500% damage boost you can fix the mechanics of nearly everything given enough budget.

Btw you should look at your own characters and know your quoted statement isn't true lmao, damage pads everything and players can and will play just about anything if the numbers are there.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on May 8, 2022, 5:39:04 AM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

Btw you should look at your own characters and know your quoted statement isn't true lmao, damage pads everything and players can and will play just about anything if the numbers are there.

Thats only true for bossing and "hard content". For regular mapping you have more than enough damage to explode everything with single hit, so all that matter is speed. Projectile skills will always be better than Area SKills and Area Spell will always be better than melee skills when it comes to mapping. YOu can have 10 trilion dmg on sweep, it wont matter if I can clear 2-3 screens with single tap of my mouse using projectile skills like TS.
Why aren't you playing TS then?

Don't bother answering you've got a self defeating argument where you chop content pieces out to justify why its OK here for these players but not OK here for those players despite the numbers not backing it up.

Players want what they want, some of them want to play Smite and not feel like they are making a stupid decision, only a slightly worse one. They might want to play Reaper without the knowledge that if they replaced the gem with any other minion their performance would increase. Maybe they love kinetic bolt but can never quite shake the feeling that they'll end up playing power siphon/kinetic blast yet again.

Don't come in and tell those players they wouldn't play what they want to if the damage was there while you have a solitary AN build that your only playing because its numerically busted, you are your own proof that your statement is wrong.

We all have our own metrics for what we are looking for to do the content with so just don't, don't be one of those people who says you guys wouldn't play this shit even if they buffed it. Let us moan that they continue to let skills languish without trying to insinuate that everyone calling for a buff to strikes is an [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Will_GGG on May 8, 2022, 7:28:12 AM
Why would anyone think that the reaction to nerfs is the same type of frustration as the reaction to no change at all? Please tell you me you dont just go through life thinking like that with only surface level info and put no thought into it past what you're told or see? Anyhow. The no balance pass would be a good idea if the game was in a good state right now with actual balance...which is far from is. Slams and strikes and cast time on a lot of spells need a buff just in their numbers alone to say the least.
"
vio wrote:
i could say "good riddance" but on the same time i see the game sending clear indications of casualisation which might irritate folks.

consoles were initially designed for small kids who can't handle proper keyboards and mouse but were able to press some buttons. it's simplified input for those that can't remember keyboard keys but colors and couldn't aim with a mouse.

games like jump'n runs where you *bling* *bling* *bling* collect those coins were made for those limited gaming platforms, complex games were made solely for pc's.

porting down pc games to consoles and joystick input meant they were simplified and made more casual.

This a rather embarrassing opinion and wholly incorrect. Seems some people do believe in a PC master race.
Last edited by AbilityPoints on May 8, 2022, 12:43:18 PM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Why aren't you playing TS then?

Just because I had other builds that looked more fun to me that I never played before (unlike TS that I played several times)
TS was just example. Pretty much every projectile skills will always be superrior to any other skill in the game.
Wait wait wait wait wait.

This is an iqvancorp post that isn't about how GGG doesn't do enough to support veterans?
Its been the same shitty meta builds for 1.5 years now, its good to complain about it. They love to nerf but buffing or even making other things slightly viable is difficult for some reason.
I'm not upset about the change, BUT because of no new builds, this is the first eve where I'll be playing Standard instead of the league. That's fine, it will give me the chance to build my current character out to the fullest. Also, I'll have access to the new Atlas Changes right away, which is pretty cool....And I don't trade much other than currency, so the fact that trading is harder in standard is not an issue to me.....Had I thought the league looked amazing I may have thought differently, but it was just meh to me......
What...!?

So, let me get this right: Through the new endgame atlas system, you have the ability/power/control to tailor your own experience. You get to choose WHAT content to experience, how often you experience it - and now, even what content NOT to experience. The game is filled with a million different league mechanics, encounters and whatnot.

Still, people NEED more. And when we get more, it's the wrong kind of more - because you "have to do something outside of combat". I thought people were here BECAUSE of PoE's depth and complexity, not despite it.

I understand people advocating for balance changes, and I do agree there - especially in the hit-based (physical) melee department. But to whine for yet another "activate this and a bunch of monsters spawn"-mechanic, when we have several of those already, I don't really get.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on May 8, 2022, 2:46:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info