Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

"
Grimreapin wrote:
Proof of this event doesnt imply proof of past events.

For instance, streamers getting better drops. No proof.

If seeing proof of one event doesn't lead you to adjust your analysis of the likelihood of other, very similar events happening, then you don't believe in objective reasoning and analysis.
Tbh I don't give two shits if a streamer has better drops im not in it for the pixels. What grinds my gears is the streamer prio and the fact that there were no repercutions apart from a heartfelt appology..

League start is the most important moment of the league, it would be nice if I would get to actually play the game and no I won't watch or follow any entitled streamer who gets to play before I do with his friends loved ones etc.
Second-class poe gamer
"
vio wrote:
from ggg's point of view it doesn't make any sense to have streamers get better drops, except they want more people streaming their game.

Thats not true. One goal would be to generate more player, not streamer. Streaming is like a permanent advertising broadcast to show the awesomeness of the product for the potential customer.

So it would be important to show that the streamer has fun and is emotional engaged. Getting unexpected better rewards could help to generate this emotion. It also help the streamer to deal better with some of the obstacles of the game and help to avoid frustration.

Personaly I have never believe that ggg had done some "streamer luck". But since the "streamer gate" and their watery statement about this subject, Im not so sure anymore.

On top of that, I had recently a really bad experience with their handling of a "inflamatory" topic. So for me, they on the same integrity level like all the other blizzards, activations, ubisofts and what not. So it boils down to the question: would they do such stuff ?
"
LanPirot wrote:
So it would be important to show that the streamer has fun and is emotional engaged. Getting unexpected better rewards could help to generate this emotion

Yeah, but if the streamers are getting good drops all the time, it won't be unexpected will it? If they're wanting to have good emotional reactions to drops, they'd make them rarer, not more common.
hahahaha ur STILL GOING GET OVER IT

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
LennyLen wrote:
"
LanPirot wrote:
So it would be important to show that the streamer has fun and is emotional engaged. Getting unexpected better rewards could help to generate this emotion

Yeah, but if the streamers are getting good drops all the time, it won't be unexpected will it? If they're wanting to have good emotional reactions to drops, they'd make them rarer, not more common.

Well, you can argue that way. But that leaves the problem, that the streamer can leave the game.

Its more like a lottery. If you want to show some else (not only the streamer) that the lottery "works", you could raise the chance a bit. Not to much - or maybe only on special "events" - but you could do that.

But again: not sure, if thats happend and you have to count "effort" and "risk / reward" in. I just want to show, that there can be a rational option for that.
You can confirm plenty of things that have no precedent. You can confirm a date for an event. You can confirm a target. You can, and this one is probably the most poignant example here, confirm a suspicion. Even someone else's.

To confirm is simply to reinforce a possibility with evidence. Of which we have plenty.

At no point did I say this has been ongoing -- if anything, it's my belief that it hasn't that made the bald-faced execution of it all the more shocking to me.

So no. I'm not wrapping tin foil around anyone's heads. My OP is 100% factual and sourced. Where I have speculated, I make very clear that is what I am doing.

Kindly refrain from casting unfounded aspersions in future. Thank you.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
It was nine years ago yesterday, I bought my Bronze Kiwi Supporter pack.
GGG has not gotten a lot of money from me (when you spread it over 9 years)
Might be another 9 years, who knows.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Jul 15, 2021, 9:48:13 AM
The direction of bringing back some difficulty, is the "right" one...

I sadly dread the implementation TencentGGG will apply for the next league or even couple of leagues...

I also will MAYBE buy the Aesir Demigod "SUPPORTER" pack. MAYBE EVEN BEFORE IT DISSAPEARS IN JANUARY. >.< (I wanted to be "THOR" in PoE and this will be as close as I'll get)

Such a steep price increase should be also mandated by a STEEP GAME QUALITY INCREASE - wishful thinking, I know....
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
We will see at release. I will give it a try

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info