Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

"
Vennto wrote:
"
The tinfoil theories that GGG can affect other things in the background on a profile basis are now not so tinfoil. Even long term streamers have expressed concern over this.

they kinda are. Do you have any hard-fact proof for this theories? Then I would like to see them.

Since everyone bumps this thread anyways...

I mean, the OP does his best to wrap tinfoil arround heads with the topic of this thread alone.

Taking a singular event to state that something got "confirmed" insinuates that it has been this way all the time and opens up room for all this weird theories and speculations... this is just dishonesty and propaganda.

But well yea, people that know his history... wont take this serious anyways...

showing myself out again of this [removed by myself]
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
"
Taking a singular event to state that something got "confirmed" insinuates that it has been this way all the time and opens up room for all this weird theories and speculations... this is just dishonesty and propaganda.

That´s my point. They made a mistake with streamer priviledge. They explained why they did it, they stated it was a decision under durress/stress, they apologized and promised it will not happen again. It was a single (confirmed) incident. How on earth can people come to the conclusion that this is a proof for anything? :D
"
Vennto wrote:
"

That´s my point. They made a mistake with streamer priviledge. They explained why they did it, they stated it was a decision under durress/stress, they apologized and promised it will not happen again. It was a single (confirmed) incident. How on earth can people come to the conclusion that this is a proof for anything? :D

The reality of the situation is that just saying, "Oh, the queue is extra bad this release. Let's let the streamers in first." does NOT make it happen! This is software and it takes work to implement mechanisms like that. It is unreasonable to think that this only happened once. This software mechanism to have a privileged queue had to have been implemented before hand.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Proof of this event doesnt imply proof of past events.

For instance, streamers getting better drops. No proof.
KenMan
"
Grimreapin wrote:

Sure, no proof. But that doesnt detract from the fact that if GGG wanted to they could. If they explicitly gave streamer priority, theres certainly reason to speculate that they could indeed watch streams and adjust RNG for that individual to give them better RNG, which in turn, pulls in viewers and builds hype.

We know that can do this too because the way Chris told us they combat bots is by adjusting their RNG and essentially wasting their time by making it impossible for them to get anything worth their time. They can do this from an account to account basis. This was a very, very long time ago when he said that too, i couldnt even find that statements source if i wanted to because its probably 6~ years ago or soo in a streamer interview with him or similar. But i definitely remember that because i found that as a very interesting and hilarious way to combat bots, its quite literally genius.

Knowing the facts of how the game functions and what theyre capable of doing leaves plenty of room for that kind of speculation, which is why giving priority was a terrible idea. It crosses a very specific line which absolutely can cause people to speculate its something theyve done all along.

Obviously no ones saying it for sure happened, theres no way to prove it, but it doesnt mean that it couldnt have hapepened.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Sorry to rain on everyone's Eureka moments but any online game will have tools built into it to allow developers to do all sorts of stuff that players can't, being able to bump an account from one server to another one is something you'd have as a matter of course.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Jul 13, 2021, 4:24:04 PM
they likely have mechanisms in place to have devs log into the realms without queuing up.

--

while i couldn't follow ggg's idea of "players probably like it when they can watch streamers while waiting in the queue" either but just imagine those streamers were ggg employees or paid directly by ggg?

---

also, i liked how some of the streamers just naturally assumed they deserved this special treatment cause they saw themselves above the common player base.

i really think, some of them got too rich and even zana can't save them.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 13, 2021, 4:58:39 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
The reality of the situation is that just saying, "Oh, the queue is extra bad this release. Let's let the streamers in first." does NOT make it happen! This is software and it takes work to implement mechanisms like that. It is unreasonable to think that this only happened once. This software mechanism to have a privileged queue had to have been implemented before hand.

Yea, cause we all saw them going into the chat of a streamer to tell them life on stream to relog to circumvent the queue before, right? RIGHT?

/s

Ofc they have the tools to make this happen, or they would be bad developers... lol

Showing myself out again.

E: Elaborating cause some people here might have problems with sarcasm or the deeper meaning of what im telling there: The fact that they HAD to tell them implies that they HAVENT done it before/this was no planned or repeated action...

"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
Last edited by Clownkrieger on Jul 13, 2021, 4:58:20 PM
"
Grimreapin wrote:

Proof of this event implies proof of past events.

For instance, streamers getting better drops. Proof.

If you even get what I mean.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
from ggg's point of view it doesn't make any sense to have streamers get better drops, except they want more people streaming their game.

do they?

if it makes sense to anybody, just start streaming to enjoy better drops ;)

---

personally, i'm probably too old to get that "streamers" concept.

also, i never thought that selling "user generated content" could work but there are obviously enough [Removed by Suppport] people out there to make it worthwhile for companies.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 13, 2021, 5:19:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info