Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

"

My preemptive condolences to those of you choosing to contend with 3.15's launch day. As always, hope I'm wrong and it all goes smoothly but you will forgive me for suspecting otherwise based on past performance (issues).

Stay safe and healthy out (or in) there, Exiles.

Don't forget that everyone except a handful of people quit because of the nerfs. So the servers should be fine. ;o)

Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Considering these big streamers are brand new to PoE why wouldn't you just hire them for a Sunday evening broadcast? I think I already know part of that answer already but practically you'd skip the day 1 and 2 server issues which can happen. If it's Ulti on repeat then Sunday would be even better. Secondly, if this is an American streamer then Americans are typically watching TV on Sunday evenings rather than on Friday (go look at network ratings). Maybe Twitch is different?

Sunday is close enough to be apart of that league launch hype and if this big-name streamer is a brand-spankin' noob to PoE it literally wouldn't matter. Cramming them into the Twilight Strand at 4PM EST is a little odd and not just for broadcasting. Maybe they stream at 8, idk. Sunday would be a better showcase of PoE servers, everyone's home dreading work on Monday anyway, and day 0 bugs have already been squashed.
From GGG's perspective, doesn't it make sense to work with every streamer imaginable? It doesn't matter if they have played other genres before > PR and present the game to a possible new clientele. What do you think?
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"

My preemptive condolences to those of you choosing to contend with 3.15's launch day. As always, hope I'm wrong and it all goes smoothly but you will forgive me for suspecting otherwise based on past performance (issues).

Stay safe and healthy out (or in) there, Exiles.

Don't forget that everyone except a handful of people quit because of the nerfs. So the servers should be fine. ;o)

I have missed you and my other beloved BLoWhards. Such snark. "Quit". I can hear the airquotes from here, old friend.

I discovered something though. It is much easier to just stop playing PoE than it is to quit. I imagine you know me well enough to indersn6 what I mean.

And no, I don't think I will correct that weird tappo. ^_^

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jul 23, 2021, 4:05:46 AM
Update: my goodness, Therion, you weren't snarking after all. Seemingly smooth launch with noticeably reduced (but still respectable) numbers, at least through steam. How many of those lost were actual supporters we'll never know, but I'll choose to believe the game's mostly just shed some freeloader and tourist fat by increasing the difficulty incline from the get-go. Hard not to see that as a healthy move, IF shedding fat is the goal and not simply bearing the appearance of an unstoppable juggernaut.

And all these 'it's too slow, I'm quit!' threads really do make me curious to see how it feels now to play from scratch. Not overly so -- I can read, and more importantly I can read between the lines. Not to mention the game's gained so many new skills and mechanics it'd be work just to learn half of them.

Passing thought: how will the Goddess fare against this 'slower' start?
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
If they reduced the monsters in TS, then the goddess is f'ed because of exp loss. Hillock wasn't too bad a fight so that part should not be an issue.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
If they reduced the monsters in TS, then the goddess is f'ed because of exp loss. Hillock wasn't too bad a fight so that part should not be an issue.

I reasoned that part of the impetus to boost act 1 difficulty was to discourage oni farming, which gave a sizable and persistent advantage to any player patient enough to grind uber hillock.

If they decimated the adds on the strand, that would probably be enough to make UH a non-starter. You can't sustain off the bash summons sooo...

But if they also went ahead and cranked up hp and/or move speed on Hillock/UH then this is definitely something they silently wanted to remove from the game permanently, but were talked into leaving in the game as a token for nostalgia's sake.

Glad I was able to get my mate an OG and let him ride the full ride. Sad I didn't find the bollocks to grind one for myself and listen to the voice.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Interesting. The lack of OG farming updates might not stand out in comparison to other issues dominating Page One, but I believe this is the first league in years to not have it.

A small blinking sign amidst a neon cacophony. Perhaps.

I always find it amusing that the League Coming Soon post in the news (ergo on the site's landing page, which most of us never see) always lasts well into the League launch. It's just so contrary to the immediacy you see on other games when it comes to announcing/confirming successful update deployment.

This site really is at least a secondary source of communications it seems. Oh well!
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jul 25, 2021, 12:25:00 AM
"
crunkatog wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:

I reasoned that part of the impetus to boost act 1 difficulty was to discourage oni farming, which gave a sizable and persistent advantage to any player patient enough to grind uber hillock.

Dunno. Look at those people already in maps, around level 90 on day 1 after launch. I don't think any Oni can make up for that if you're playing competitively. Well, and if you're not, you can still farm Oni and have a relatively easy ride for the rest of the campaign and into maps without caring how far ahead others are.

Moreover, I don't think Act I has become that much harder. You need to whack some of the monsters a few more times, but they still die like flies. Or maybe I am a frigging pro at this game without realizing it.

@Foreverhappychan
I miss you, too. Was always great to have you in chat and talk about anything BUT PoE, most of the time. :o)
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Moreover, I don't think Act I has become that much harder. You need to whack some of the monsters a few more times, but they still die like flies.

I concur.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info