Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

New league has not even started yet and refunds have to be given because of some deceptive mtx. I have a feeling this will be another interesting launch. I hope you all get your money back ok.

I just had a company called tractor supply give me a hard time. They authorized a sale on an out of stock item. Never sent it, and a month later, I'm never given the product or the delivery fee.

Too many weird deals happening, stay vigilant exiles.
Which deceptive MTX are you referring to - I guess the topic passed me by. Thanks a lot
"
Goauld wrote:
Which deceptive MTX are you referring to - I guess the topic passed me by. Thanks a lot

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3147019
"
imanubcake wrote:
"
Goauld wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3147019

8+ years in and still no preview function in the MTX shop.
It's too hard to realize i guess.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
The direction of bringing back some difficulty, is the "right" one...

I sadly dread the implementation TencentGGG will apply for the next league or even couple of leagues...

I also will MAYBE buy the Aesir Demigod "SUPPORTER" pack. MAYBE EVEN BEFORE IT DISSAPEARS IN JANUARY. >.< (I wanted to be "THOR" in PoE and this will be as close as I'll get)

Such a steep price increase should be also mandated by a STEEP GAME QUALITY INCREASE - wishful thinking, I know....

Except: (You don't need to buy it)

See, you cannot make demands when the content you want is available, paid for or not.

Better yet, I really love people thinking they're removal of buying X pack matters. There is an invisible majority of players on every game who outnumber anyone on the forums. Simply put, those people will cover any losses because they do not care about

MTX
Casual vs Pros
Cosmetic difference
Design Philosophy
Etc

The only thing they care about is fun. If game fun they buy packs. IF game not fun they don't. I really wish people would stop announcing they're leaving or not buying X or Y.

Try to have some fun in the game, seems like no one on the forums does.
"
gandhar0 wrote:
8+ years in and still no preview function in the MTX shop.
It's too hard to realize i guess.

Fucktard, try hitting the PREVIEW button!
“There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised.”
― Anton LaVey
Last edited by HChristopher2671 on Aug 7, 2021, 1:25:50 PM
"
Necrotekk wrote:
Spoiler
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
The direction of bringing back some difficulty, is the "right" one...

I sadly dread the implementation TencentGGG will apply for the next league or even couple of leagues...

I also will MAYBE buy the Aesir Demigod "SUPPORTER" pack. MAYBE EVEN BEFORE IT DISSAPEARS IN JANUARY. >.< (I wanted to be "THOR" in PoE and this will be as close as I'll get)

Such a steep price increase should be also mandated by a STEEP GAME QUALITY INCREASE - wishful thinking, I know....

Except: (You don't need to buy it)

See, you cannot make demands when the content you want is available, paid for or not.

Better yet, I really love people thinking they're removal of buying X pack matters. There is an invisible majority of players on every game who outnumber anyone on the forums. Simply put, those people will cover any losses because they do not care about

MTX
Casual vs Pros
Cosmetic difference
Design Philosophy
Etc

The only thing they care about is fun. If game fun they buy packs. IF game not fun they don't. I really wish people would stop announcing they're leaving or not buying X or Y.

Try to have some fun in the game, seems like no one on the forums does.

Except: YOU NEED TO BUY IT IF YOU WANT TO LOOK LIKE THOR - wings be damned, a "cool" cape will always be better...

It's not a question regarding the impact of "my simple choice", but more of a question if PoE and TencentGGG as it's beneficiary DESERVES the "support". With the current exception of the Faithsworn pack due to a lost bet, and the Sunspire pack that was a birthday gift, all the other >1K $ packs & points purchased were actually "bought as support"...

For the next couple of decades I will continue to play PoE without the smallest remorse... I did my part, while also providing quality feedback on the forum even when I wasn't behind GGGs decisions...

You mistakenly took my highlight of not buying a pack, more expensive than most AAA games, as an "announcement", when it simply was the stipulation of using common sense when deciding upon an acquisition. An informed one nonetheless, as the fiasco of presenting the said pack in "the best light" was the usual misinformation that's specific to TencentGGG these days regarding their MTXs...

As someone that played PoE way too much and still plays PoE daily, I can assure you that I still have "FUN" doing so, even if I won't condone TencentGGGs choices...

As soon as I won't have "FUN", PoE will stop being a "passion" or even an "old habit"...

Thankfully, there are more than enough "supporters" to pick up the slack, until there won't be anymore...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Jul 19, 2021, 3:22:36 PM
The lack of an mtx preview feature is a bigger deal than people think. Especially when the implementation is so vastly different to the concept art, not to mention how different mtxes can look across the classes.

Again, playing other games that rely on aesthetic mtxes really drives this home.

But I think that's a misnomer at this point. PoE isn't relying on aesthetic mtx sales so much as they are the most common way of showing support. PoE IS relying on the sale of non aesthetic mtxes and no one here needs to be told which ones. But aesthetically? They're pretty rough compared to most games with cosmetic mtxes. It was never a beautiful game to begin with and most mtxes just add layers of more not very pretty. A select few mtxes genuinely improve the look IMO but GGG could never afford to have too many of those lest they be accused of creating the problem and selling the solution (totally not what stash tabs represent).

Anyway I think at this point people are somewhat accustomed to PoE mtxes being less than dazzling. Were they not the mtx preview would have been a much higher priority.

Again. This is an abject lesson in understanding what motivates the company. Which, honestly, is all this has been about.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jul 20, 2021, 11:34:11 PM
My. There's an interesting coincidence.

I finally relent and try FFXIV, round about the same time as a certain WoW streamer trying it sets the North American servers on fire. Thankfully we play on EU, but even there they've seen some effect on the server load due to increased interest in Squeenix's problematic but undeniably successful MMO as a result of that streamer's seeming defection from WoW.

And now I read he's been courted by GGG.

I dunno, seems relevant to this topic somehow but mostly I was just amused at the connection. Small world eh.

My preemptive condolences to those of you choosing to contend with 3.15's launch day. As always, hope I'm wrong and it all goes smoothly but you will forgive me for suspecting otherwise based on past performance (issues).

Stay safe and healthy out (or in) there, Exiles.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jul 23, 2021, 12:59:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info