[3.25] Ice Crash-Jugg-2h-Axe-Crit (FREEZE THE GAME) 100% Crit Rate Full Screen Explosions

"
Famuel wrote:
Don't get me wrong, your setup is looking very tight at the moment!! Just was looking for ways to squeeze as much damage out of it as possible hahaha. There are a few other things that I am experimenting with that I will list here soon as well :)

Gotta hand it to you, mate, that skill tree repath is pretty bloody brilliant. The immediate loss of life gave me a bit of stress, but the raw damage increase... nothing can kill you faster with lower total life if you've killed them first, yeah?

Ended up having a spur-of-the-moment go at crafting my own upgraded 1H when I spied a fractured T2 hybrid phys Gavel up for 10div, managed a pretty damn decent one and currently sitting at level 97 and a sliver shy of 30mil - 26mil - 24mil per skill activation. Still a few obvious upgrades to go -- 15% Echoes of Creation still eludes me, as does a good corruption of Svalinn -- but this is without a doubt a beast of a setup and I'm loving how immediately impactful each upgrade I've made to it has felt.

I had the great fortune of dropping an Awakened Multistrike a couple nights ago, so besides my obligatory "buy a Mageblood every league I can afford one" I'm still tinkering with ways to push damage even further -- but even where I am now this is a hell of a build. Almost certainly dethroning old SS Impale Champ as the most fun I've had in this game. Big ups to you and HeroEvermore for the fun. Will probably throw an updated PoBBin up once I'm home this evening for the hell of it.

As a final-ish question, do you have a preferred regex you use to filter your maps? I avoid Ele Reflect, combined Cannot Regenerate/Cannot Leech, and -% Chance to Block for obvious reasons, but besides those I haven't really noticed any other bricking mods...

Love to hear it!! It's without a doubt my favourite build I've ever played too.

Definitely drop your POB sometime as well and we can see some further upgrades :)

As for map mods, nah you pretty much got it - I just filter out both reflect, no regen + no leech, reduced defences/chance to block. Everything else is fine now!

Vulnerability can lead to more self-damage from echoes of creation but is manageable.

Monsters steal charges used to really suck, but I don't even notice that one anymore either!
Yeah, Vuln's felt like more of a "oh that's irritating" mod than a "do not do this" one. Might add Cannot Inflict Exposure to the list of brickable mods, though only because I find it quite so obnoxious.

PoB's below -- current known pending upgrades are a %Life corrupted Svalinn and a maxed Anvil, possibly testing that Prismatic Heart/Cold Pen swap to see if the mana cost feels bad without Inspiration. You spot anything else, of course... I'm all ears.

https://pobb.in/K1COJXF_Ny3J
"
Lydsignal wrote:
Yeah, Vuln's felt like more of a "oh that's irritating" mod than a "do not do this" one. Might add Cannot Inflict Exposure to the list of brickable mods, though only because I find it quite so obnoxious.

PoB's below -- current known pending upgrades are a %Life corrupted Svalinn and a maxed Anvil, possibly testing that Prismatic Heart/Cold Pen swap to see if the mana cost feels bad without Inspiration. You spot anything else, of course... I'm all ears.

https://pobb.in/K1COJXF_Ny3J

1) You can save a strength node point right beneath 'blacksmiths clout' as you path to it from the top at the int node

2) I'd swap your pathing at 'Blacksmiths Clout' to take the top way, you get more crit chance that way and will be a net dps gain overall

3) Then at 'Dismembowling', as we now have a spare point, path the opposite way around the wheel. That gets you crit multi + crit chance rather than just raw multi, and will top you up to 99.7% crit chance

4) At the bottom of the tree where you have your +1 max endurance charge, path upwards to the strength node and then down to the endurance charge. Rather than the increased duration - we have them up at all times, so is nicer to just get +10 more strength here

The above is a net gain of DPS as well, because we are taking your crit chance from 93.69% to 99.7
- 29.7 mil to 31.326 mil

Then when you level up more, I'd say your strong next contender for the point is the 'Armour and Evasion Mastery' at Cloth and Chain.
- That gives you a massive boost in armor, all max hits, effective hit pool etc

If you need more defences as well, consider swapping 'infernal cry' into the war cries that are autoexerting, and bringing 'seismic cry' out.
- Whenever we refresh seismic cry it gives a really nice armour buff (at the expensive of losing a little bit of the raw damage from infernal cry)
- Swapping this around takes you down from 31 mil to 29.97 mil DPS
- But your armour will actually be over 53k when seismic cry buff is up

I think it's a worthy tradeoff!

--------------------------------------------------
Tree pathing changes: https://pobb.in/DfRrxceLwiOu
--------------------------------------------------

Ultimately I swapped out my life flask as well to try out 'progenesis' (very expensive item)

- Our warcries act as life flasks essentially, restoring 15% life whenever we roll one.
- So I just use that for on demand life and yeah, progenesis is an amazing defensive layer.
- Really worth it if you have the currency for it!

And finally, I cannot recommend 'Headhunter' enough if you want to zoom zoom through maps. So worth adding in as long as you can balance int/resists/etc elsewhere on other gear!
Last edited by Famuel on Oct 3, 2024, 6:21:11 AM
"
Famuel wrote:
"
Lydsignal wrote:
Ultimately I swapped out my life flask as well to try out 'progenesis' (very expensive item)

- Our warcries act as life flasks essentially, restoring 15% life whenever we roll one.
- So I just use that for on demand life and yeah, progenesis is an amazing defensive layer.
- Really worth it if you have the currency for it!

And finally, I cannot recommend 'Headhunter' enough if you want to zoom zoom through maps. So worth adding in as long as you can balance int/resists/etc elsewhere on other gear!

I can definitely afford Progenesis, and you're correct in pointing out the questionable usefulness of a life flask -- it's really just for poison cleanse at this point! But capping Chaos res would be really nice and would accomplish a lot of the same effect, and I frankly don't see any other way to do it -- not to mention I'm very familiar with how powerful Progenesis is from my Affliction days.

Those tree tweaks are, as always, smart and very welcomed. I actually completely forgot that I had ever decided to allocate Endurance duration instead of the minor Strength node -- I definitely don't need that any more, thanks for noticing it!

I discovered last night more or less by accident (helping a friend with challenges) that Ubers are already very doable -- Exarch and Sirus were both pretty trivial. Looking forward to clearing the others this evening with these changes.
Last edited by Lydsignal on Oct 3, 2024, 9:50:31 AM
"
Lydsignal wrote:
I can definitely afford Progenesis, and you're correct in pointing out the questionable usefulness of a life flask -- it's really just for poison cleanse at this point! But capping Chaos res would be really nice and would accomplish a lot of the same effect, and I frankly don't see any other way to do it -- not to mention I'm very familiar with how powerful Progenesis is from my Affliction days.

Those tree tweaks are, as always, smart and very welcomed. I actually completely forgot that I had ever decided to allocate Endurance duration instead of the minor Strength node -- I definitely don't need that any more, thanks for noticing it!

I discovered last night more or less by accident (helping a friend with challenges) that Ubers are already very doable -- Exarch and Sirus were both pretty trivial. Looking forward to clearing the others this evening with these changes.

Amazing! Yeah I had never done the Ubers before either, and other than the rolling meteor phase in Searing Exarch (I need to practice that, only thing that kills me!) the Ubers felt pretty smooth of what I did too :)

Some fun fights there! Still need to try Uber Maven and Eater, never done those before either.

I booted up today to see how things went in T17s again, as that's still the content I've done the least of. And it was like walking through butter. Even the Sanctuary boss that gave me grief last time, I just melted her haha

Love it and keep it up dude!!
Hey guys, any tip as to what to farm? i'm in need of some money to make the build doable again, but i have never farmed endgame content, don't even know what can be worth more than 3-4divs...

My POB: https://pobb.in/RCFPJBVmigec

I know i'm f**** with those int points, but i made the mistake of buying the wep without looking at the requirements (5div down the drain)

I already read about some changes Famuel made, and probably tomorrow if i have time I will change them, like removing unwavering stance (for some shitshow reason i put there that i don't know why), changing the jewel socket, getting those mace crit nodes for exemple...

any tips for both are greatly appreciated!

EDIT: i have about 12 divs to spend t.t
Last edited by AsusD on Oct 3, 2024, 1:01:19 PM
"
AsusD wrote:

Hello! Some POB feedback for you:
- POB Changes: https://pobb.in/m_MZm7G4pK6E

- Something like this. You have SO MUCH CRIT that we can refund/change a few points around. I tried to keep this for level 94 - if you get another level, take the mace + crit multi at the very top left again that I had to refund

- Further levels than this: get more life nodes/bring galvanic hammer back

Change Summary
- 1) Make sure to untick 'enemy is blinded' in POB config as we aren't using Pandemonius anymore! And tick 'onslaught' on as we have this up literally 100% of the time :)

- 2) Svalinn - when you can, a new shield here with a 15% Spell Block roll, it helps!

- 3) Your weapon's crit chance is really good! So we can actually take less crit-chance nodes on the tree and go for straight multiplier instead. See POB pathing changes above

- 4) Bottled Faith (with 10% increased damage roll) is a really amazing damage upgrade to swap your Diamond Flask out for when you are ready for that. Make sure to tick config 'enemy on consecrated ground' - will dramatically increase your damage, even more so if you are comfortable manually activating it!
-> If you are, just enkindling orb for 70% increased effect. Absolutely stupid damage then

- 5) We can do better pathing to still keep your int requirement in check. You can also craft 30 int on the wep itself if you change gear around and need more int in a pinch!
- NOTE: Ideally refund the 1 int node at top of the tree. Get that 10 int on a rare jewel ASAP and put the point into mace crit + multi

- 6) Looks like your resists are a big problem at the moment - ideally we want these to be 75% across the board (as high as possible in chaos) when we have no flasks up. Even more important is having cold as our highest uncapped resist - without that, 'The Wise Oak' flask isnt working properly!

- 7) So for Resists:
-> Better rare jewels (remember, crit multi is most important thing on these as well, you could also get 'int' here too to help with that)
-> Prismatic catalysts on your rings for more elemental resists, also can you blessed orb your implicits too to squeeze more value out there?
-> Two passive points to path to 'Cloth and Chain',
-> Extra point for the armour mastery there (for 8% more armour per endurance charge) is exceptionally good too

- Just the above passive tree changes puts you to 76 fire / 53 cold / 75 lightning (no flasks on), so you should be able to top these fellas up and have cold overcapped the highest again! That will be a very nice damage boost

- 8) Getting a new helmet with 15% damage per exertion will give you an extra 1 mil DPS, 6% damage increase or so

- 9) Then some big changes here
- I really recommend taking 'Sovereingty' on the tree, and picking up Tempest Shield. Throw that in your build anywhere it will fit. This gives SO MUCH spell block, you will be able to do 21/20 as well
-> I'd take out 'Frost Bomb' to do this
-> You can actually also swap out your Ice Golem at the moment, you have so much accuracy and crit chance already that he isn't needed. Experiment with some other options here - Sigil of Power is supposed to be really good for more damage reduction!

- 10) If you introduce mana problems with Tempest Shield:
-> I'd look to upgrade your cold Cluster to also have 'corrosive elements' on the side if in budget. Then can swap awakened cold pen for 'Inspiration'
-> On this note, I just realised your awakened cold pen isn't level 5 - that will give you a form of applying cold exposure, which is a really big damage increase. prioritise that ASAP!

- 11) You have heaps of int - may as well use a 20/23 or 21/20 frostbite for more dps

In terms of content to run, I just always did whatever I found enjoyable!

-> a Maven Mapping tree (where she summons extra bosses at the end) of juiced t16 maps was always my go to, just blast through, put everything in a dump tab, sell the stuff at the end. Sell maven's writs if not comfortable with the fight. Use Faustus to sell scarabs, fossils, etc - you are probably sitting on SO MUCH value in your stash to liquidate

-> harvest can be really profitable, idk about this far into the league, but selling the lifeforce made me lots of div early on

-> saving up to a 50 mil shipment with kingsmarch got me a mirror shard, that was a really big help for upgrading my build! so gold farming strats (glacier/city square with the titanic scarabs etc) are really good there

-> Ultimatums & rituals i started off hating this league, and i ended up loving them. definitely worth checking out too :)

Hope some of that helps, I've rambled on long enough!!
Last edited by Famuel on Oct 3, 2024, 2:49:54 PM
Thanks a lot bro!

I just changed things from the 2h axe to the tank version u made and didn't actually try to see what changes i needed to make, right know i'm quite confortable doing t16 even juiced ones (if i'm careful enough) but didn't try to change much from the old gear, i'll need to look into this now!

thanks a lot for the changes in the POB, i'll try to see what I can change in a bit (got some free time this afternoon to see what i can do)

I'll post later my POB, if i got to change it!
"
AsusD wrote:
Hey guys, any tip as to what to farm? i'm in need of some money to make the build doable again, but i have never farmed endgame content, don't even know what can be worth more than 3-4divs...

My POB: https://pobb.in/RCFPJBVmigec

I know i'm f**** with those int points, but i made the mistake of buying the wep without looking at the requirements (5div down the drain)

I already read about some changes Famuel made, and probably tomorrow if i have time I will change them, like removing unwavering stance (for some shitshow reason i put there that i don't know why), changing the jewel socket, getting those mace crit nodes for exemple...

I mean... you're being a little harsh on yourself, Unwavering Stance is absolutely fine to take if you don't want to take Unstoppable because you'd rather the extra defensive layers from Unrelenting, it just makes a fairly tight point spread tighter.

That said, though... using a scepter just really isn't ideal. And there's a few other things that are questionable (using a jewel slot solely for res capping, two-handed crit multi when you'll spend 90% of your time 1H + Svalinn, etc).

Headhunter legit also might not be the best choice for you atm -- Famuel swears by it and I would absolutely never gainsay him, buuuut I'm a pretty big fan of my Hunter-influenced Stygian Vise with double life and %attributes. Takes care of a lot of potential pain points (lowish life, tight stats) with one item.

I'll take more of a look at this when I'm home from work later. I'm also still 100% learning this build (as evidenced by all my previous posts!) and Famuel/Hero are the two decisive authorities here -- but my quick read would be that the easiest things to upgrade immediately would be a proper melee weapon, a maxed Svalinn, and some new rare jewels. From there it probably becomes a little more fine-tuned.

I also might have some gear that I haven't sold yet from before my most recent sets of upgrades -- if so, I'd be happy to send 'em your way. No cost, obviously.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info