[3.25] Ice Crash-Jugg-2h-Axe-Crit (FREEZE THE GAME) 100% Crit Rate Full Screen Explosions

"
Famuel wrote:
"
ampdgmr wrote:
Thanks for letting me know, I made it public now so you should be able to see it. I also did the POB thing you suggested.

https://pobb.in/u/ampdgmr/bZgvBqOqfZ_1

I'm just looking at your character on the POE website here and trying to copy as close to 1:1 as possible. How much DIV did you spend on your character? The earlier guides and videos don't help much since this 1H character you made is quite different. Also I haven't played in like 10 years.

I've put lots of notes in the notes tab of the POB I've made - that will help you out, that or watch the couple vids I made to see how the build works together! I believe HeroEvermore put the link to the first vid on the first page of this forum, you can find the 1H+shield one from my channel there :)

1) definitely do your labs ASAP, you need to be a juggernaut with the 4 ascendancies in POB

2) you want way more armour on your chestpiece and boots, aim for 4000 on chest and as much as possible on boots

3) similarly WAY more life on chestpiece, ideally 100+

4) then you just need more levels really, and the cluster jewels etc.

5) you need to use level 21/20 fist of war support instead of awakened cold penetration until you get the forbidden flesh + flame combo

I can't properly look at POB for the next few days as I'm out with a friend, hopefully the above and the notes/videos gets you started!

EDIT:
original vid, good for build basics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJeiceiGU5k

Then 1H + shield vid
https://youtu.be/hU4FCJSVg-0

Thank you so much for taking the time to help my noob ass, I'll sub & like your channel, and I'll follow these pointers.

Also maybe it didn't update but my chest has 170 life 2k armor and 2k evasion, I think it's pretty awesome but I can go for pure armour too.
"
ampdgmr wrote:
Thank you for letting me know, I didn't even know what that is. The amount of content GGG has added to this game over the years is incredible.

its the aspirants plaza located in act 3 town. you can go in and do them provided that you have completed the trials that are found in the acts. for the 4th lab you need to buy an offering
Thank you, I almost completed all of them. As for the passives in this build:

https://pobb.in/jbL9h1XCeo1R

I copied the passive tree exactly and I have points to spare at level 94, so I must be missing something, but I've checked lots, on POB and Famuels character.
"
ampdgmr wrote:
Thanks for letting me know, I made it public now so you should be able to see it. I also did the POB thing you suggested.

I'm just looking at your character on the POE website here and trying to copy as close to 1:1 as possible. How much DIV did you spend on your character? The earlier guides and videos don't help much since this 1H character you made is quite different. Also I haven't played in like 10 years.

-You're not res capped anywhere.

-You don't appear to have done any Labs, as others have mentioned.

-You have an ES recovery eldritch implicit on your chest, on a build that only ever has ES incidentally.

-Headhunter in your build's current state is a mistake, you need the belt slot to help you mix your resistances until you can get that balanced.

-You don't have a Lethal Pride yet, which is where your leech comes from, so you're missing +1 Power Charges on Echoes of Creation. You're also missing a Frenzy charge from a corrupted Oskarm.

-You have no clusters, no Flesh/Flame combo, no Watcher's Eye, no Megalomaniac or even small cluster to provide Spiteful Presence.

There's a lot going on here. I've benefited from Famuel's assistance a bunch on this build, and unlike them I am around and at my computer this evening, so I'll import your full PoB and see if I can reallocate some points to help round this guy out. I also might have some leftover gear that could help you.

As for cost -- I'm not as far along in minmaxing as Famuel, but I've done a decent amount of optimization by this point, and including some expensive belt/weapon/ring crafts I'm probably sitting at ~200Div spent. I'll tell ya, though... it's worth it. It's so worth it.
Last edited by Lydsignal on Oct 7, 2024, 3:18:26 PM
"
Lydsignal wrote:
"
ampdgmr wrote:

-You're not res capped anywhere.

-You don't appear to have done any Labs, as others have mentioned.

-You have an ES recovery eldritch implicit on your chest, on a build that only ever has ES incidentally.

-Headhunter in your build's current state is a mistake, you need the belt slot to help you mix your resistances until you can get that balanced.

-You don't have a Lethal Pride yet, which is where your leech comes from, so you're missing +1 Power Charges on Echoes of Creation. You're also missing a Frenzy charge from a corrupted Oskarm.

-You have no clusters, no Flesh/Flame combo, no Watcher's Eye, no Megalomaniac or even small cluster to provide Spiteful Presence.

There's a lot going on here. I've benefited from Famuel's assistance a bunch on this build, and unlike them I am around and at my computer this evening, so I'll import your full PoB and see if I can reallocate some points to help round this guy out. I also might have some leftover gear that could help you.

As for cost -- I'm not as far along in minmaxing as Famuel, but I've done a decent amount of optimization by this point, and including some expensive belt/weapon/ring crafts I'm probably sitting at ~200Div spent. I'll tell ya, though... it's worth it. It's so worth it.

Thanks a lot for your time, I've been following advice here and I have updated to this now:

https://pobb.in/O2tFHsNaWtny

But I still have lots more to do, you've given me some good pointers, I will continue to piece everything together, I'm understanding it more now.
So y'see those empty sockets on your skill tree? The ones within the tree that you've allocated -- there's one near Vigour, for instance -- are jewel sockets. You can -- and should -- be adding rare jewels to them, initially probably focusing on multires/1-2 crit mods. You need to fix your resistances stat, they're your number one priority. Uncapped ele res will get you absolutely nuked in endgame.

The sockets on the edges of your skill tree are cluster jewel nodes, and you ideally really want those too. You currently have no mana leech that I can see, which feels like it'd make this particular build feel awful to play. Fam's build utilizes two large cluster jewels -- for now, try to get the one that has the notables Fuel the Fight / Weight Advantage / Martial Prowess. The other cluster jewel is also important, but it's fairly expensive.

You're not even close to crit capped -- Lethal Pride, the Timeless Jewel that Famuel uses, can help with that, as well as giving a higher crit multiplier and other useful bonuses. They can be a little convoluted to search for at first -- I definitely still have an old one that you can have if you want. I would also path around the right-hand side of the Disemboweling wheel instead of the right to pick up some more crit chance there.

Your rings probably aren't salvageable, I'm really sorry to say. They're a crucial part of res capping, given how many uniques we work with in this build -- consider, for example, what I prioritized on my own rings: https://pobb.in/r8t2nx-ope3a.

You're probably going to need to make do with Fist of War Support in your main skill until you can save up the dosh for Forbidden Flesh/Flame -- the prices for a Tukohama Flesh/Flame set have gone a bit nutty these past couple weeks as people have started noticing this build more.

Finally, that chest armor is nice... but it's also driving your Dex requirement up way too high. I would look for a pure armor base.

I'm sure this feels like a lot -- it is! -- so if I was going to suggest an order to things, it'd be this:

1) Get rare jewels with +res and +crit multi. Try to find one with Corrupted Blood Cannot Be Inflicted as an implicit.

2) Reroll your rings until the jewels + the rings have evened out your resistances and capped at least one of the elemental ones.

3) Fill in elemental res gaps by essence spamming the best pure armor base you can find. Try to also shoot for high +Life and the highest %increased armor you can manage. 4k+ armor is the goal, 3k+ is probably tolerable.

4) Get a 8-passive cluster jewel with Fuel the Fight / Weight Advantage. If you can get or craft a 3-notable with Martial Prowess as well, you'll save some points. (If you do end up with one of these, don't allocate Martial Prowess. Just the first two + the gem sockets.)

5) Get a good Timeless Jewel -- bare minimum is % of Attack Leeched as Life, but crit multi, crit chance, armor, and %max life are all great too.

G'luck, mate.
"
ampdgmr wrote:
Thanks a lot for your time, I've been following advice here and I have updated to this now:

https://pobb.in/O2tFHsNaWtny

But I still have lots more to do, you've given me some good pointers, I will continue to piece everything together, I'm understanding it more now.

Hey I've got a little bit of time today so would like to chime in as well! All the feedback that @Lydsignal gave is really solid. Thanks for helping out there mate. I've just imported your current character into POB and will give some more feedback!

This is a complicated as hell game with layers upon layers that go into it, so don't be deterred - any build can be fixed with enough time, effort and tweaks! It looks like you've already made heaps of good steps so far.

I want to highlight the main things here:

1) As others have pointed out, resists are 100% the most important thing for ANY build. You really NEED 75% for all elemental resistances (with no flasks up) and as much chaos resistance as possible.

- This is what I always aim for, you will just get killed so much more often if you don't have this. Fix this as priority #1 and make sure your cold resistance is the highest out of cold/lightning/fire - 'The Wise Oak' doesn't work properly without this.

2) The MOST important cluster jewel in this entire build is the medium cluster which has 'mob mentality' and 'lead by example'. This gives you 40 rage at all times and all our endurance/frenzy/power charges. Get one of these ASAP with 4 or 5 passives!

- Trade Link: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Settlers/B3kK52wU8

3) With your resistances fixed (this will likely need new rare jewels and rings for you, swap headhunter out if you need to as well for now) and the cluster jewel, you need to get your hit chance capped to 100% and crit chance to 100% too.

- The 1H mace version swings SLOW. I would recommend refunding 'Unrelenting' ascendancy and taking 'Undeniable' for you, it will feel a lot smoother and gets your hit + crit way up. 20% damage increase right there

- Get corrupted Oskarm gloves with 'attacks have + 0.7 to crit chance' or higher, that will help too

4) As Lydsignal pointed out, you are missing jewels (or these weren't imported into POB correctly) - aim for 2-3 sources of crit multiplier and other relevant stats like resistances, max life, int/dex etc.

5) Refund the 2 points at 'Smite the Weak', it's not worth it.

6) Refund the 3 points at 'Widespread Destruction' (it and the cold damage next to it), it's not worth it. These points will go into your medium cluster jewel from step 2.

7) Change pathing - Take the crit chance node (bottom path) at Dismembering

8) Change pathing - Take the crit chance node (top path) at Blacksmiths Clout

9) Change pathing - Take the crit chance nodes (top path x2) at Disembowling

10) Refund the +30 int node, you don't need it with that ring you've got at the moment. If you swap the ring out for fixing resists, take this node back

11) Get a small cluster jewel with 'Spiteful Presence' or on a Megalomaniac. Will solve some big mana issues there.

12) Chance the eldritch implicit on your boots from 'ignite deals more damage' to 'gain % of physical damage as extra cold damage' using eater of worlds ichors

13) Finally, your timeless jewel is not great. They are hard to search for - I recommend using this tool:

https://vilsol.github.io/timeless-jewels/tree?jewel=2&conqueror=Akoya&seed=10197&location=26725&mode=stats&stat=1292&stat=2690

- You need to press 'deselect' when you open this, and only select the notable nodes that you have taken around the jewel socket. Then put 2 in the minimum for 'crit multiplier' and have a look at the results, see if you can find a 1 div option! You could also add in '20% fire resist' as a requirement as you are starved for resists currently.

Hope some of that helps so far. With these small changes you will already be over 15 mil DPS by my count, without any rare jewels. Then I'd probably start juicing up your defences further by getting more armour, more life, taking 'Juggernaut' on the tree for 2 points, etc!
Thank you Lydsignal and Famuel for your help, the amount of information you added in your comments is crazy, my POB is out of date, I've already done a lot of the steps you suggested, and I'll finish the rest and report back. Thanks again for your help, I'm blown away.
"
ampdgmr wrote:
Thank you Lydsignal and Famuel for your help, the amount of information you added in your comments is crazy, my POB is out of date, I've already done a lot of the steps you suggested, and I'll finish the rest and report back. Thanks again for your help, I'm blown away.

Happy to help dude!! :D
Oh, you have has clusters and a Timeless already! That's weird, I didn't even see those in the PoB. Must've imported wrong.

But yeah, with that in mind... Famuel's suggestions are obviously spot on, and all I'd add is, again, hit me up if you want my old Lethal Pride in particular, since those are so obnoxious to find sometimes.

Other than that -- super happy to help, man, but it's ultimately all thanks to Famuel. I'm only in a position to try to help with anyone else's Ice Crash tree now because of how much help he gave me. He's a mensch.
Last edited by Lydsignal on Oct 8, 2024, 5:23:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info