Delirium Statistics

"
We're interested in hearing your thoughts about this! Do you find Delirium's set of challenges more difficult than Metamorph's? Are you less interested in these rewards? If so, is it affecting your motivation to complete challenges?

No, I am very interested in these rewards. That's my goal in every league.

I just can't do any map due to the insane performances problems I've had since the league started. When you start to have fps drops to the 30's already in Act 2 when any previous league was playable and stable at 60fps in early maps, then there is something seriously wrong with the engine.

I can't progress, I can't get the challenges, the game just don't work properly.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
well about the delirium challenges: they're way too much.
i'm not sure what audience you aim those challenges at, but for a normal gamer, alot of those challenges are unreachable. those numbers..
just the completion of the atlas is a fair ammount of playtime to sink in.
not to mention the endgame grinds challenge, thats just totally bonkers.
500 map bosses in delirium.. those numbers are just insane
you gotta be professional streamer(aka paid to play this game) or jobless to complete this
won't get there with a good 20-30 hours a week of playtime. and i think thats more than alot of semi-casuals will put into it.

its just no fun if you know from the start on, that you won't make most of them..
"
We're interested in hearing your thoughts about this!

You asked for it, you got it. (Toyota.)

"
Do you find Delirium's set of challenges more difficult than Metamorph's?

Difficult for me to judge, considering that the past several leagues' challenges have been significantly beyond my time and abilities. I will say these challenges feel much grindier/RNG walled.

"
Are you less interested in these rewards?

Absolutely. It's also a relief, because I'm getting very, very tired of seeing MTX I would like to have, and know I can't because I don't have the time or the skill to get them. Yes, I realize they're called "challenges", but in my opinion they are unreasonable in the extreme. But then, if the forums are anything to go by, I'm in the minority.

"
If so, is it affecting your motivation to complete challenges?

Short direct answer: yes.

Longer, more complainy answer: I feel like the rendering of back attachments, particularly the so-called cloaks that look more like a bathtowel tied around someone's neck, contributes to slower performance. So I'm not thrilled about back attachments to begin with.

Additionally, quite frankly, I think both the back attachment rewards look terrible. The horns I find appealing, and I feel 12-ish challenges are within reach of my time, abilities and patience... but we'll see. However, I don't feel at all bothered to try past that point.

I'd like to close by quoting another poster's beautifully crafted critique of the whole Delirium league and mechanic. They managed to sum up perfectly exactly how I feel about this [expletive] league.

"
TherosPherae wrote:
The bigger thing affecting my motivation is how rough the league mechanic is, both for my playstyle and in general. I like to pick up loot and play somewhat slower, niche characters, and it feels like this league punishes both of those really hard. If I stop to pick up some stuff in a Delirium, it feels like I'm wasting precious seconds that I could be using to advance deeper in the fog, but if I don't then it feels like I'm either wasting time backtracking for it after Delirium is over, or wasting the loot that dropped in the first place.

And that's assuming I can even pick up loot without dying in the first place, since the number of delayed effects that only hit you if you stop moving (to pick up loot) is through the roof in Delirium - it's been said that that's to try to target players who clear quickly, but that doesn't make sense to me, since those players aren't the types to ever stop to be hit by these effects in the first place.

And that's assuming I don't just die outright because activating Delirium will occasionally tank my framerate for some reason. Turning off the audio in the config helped some, but the performance is still just really rough. I've thought about maybe upgrading my old potato of a computer, but from the sound of things, there are players with much beefier, modern systems having the exact same problems, and there's a bit of a pandemic out, so maybe I'll shelve that thought for now.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
feeluck wrote:
well about the delirium challenges: they're way too much.
i'm not sure what audience you aim those challenges at, but for a normal gamer, alot of those challenges are unreachable. those numbers..
just the completion of the atlas is a fair ammount of playtime to sink in.
not to mention the endgame grinds challenge, thats just totally bonkers.
500 map bosses in delirium.. those numbers are just insane
you gotta be professional streamer(aka paid to play this game) or jobless to complete this
won't get there with a good 20-30 hours a week of playtime. and i think thats more than alot of semi-casuals will put into it.

its just no fun if you know from the start on, that you won't make most of them..

I totally get where you're coming from.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
The challenges this league don't feel much harder. i have 36/40 so far and well on track for going 40/40 personally i think the rewards are underwhelming, i feel the decision to go double back attachment is bizarre. The wings are not the greatest since they dont look great on anything other than the new unique armour set released this league
Softcore/hardcore stats would be better since sc players tend to play more recklessly and build much less defense.
They deleted my post again, that's twice now !!!!!! STAPH harassing me!!!

Broken builds, broken mechanics.... lag lag lag..... just more of the same ol'e same ol'e.

The challenge rewards [removed by player] are boring and horrid and not worth my time beta testing!!!
If you can't handle the truth, just delete the forum post - Precious Flower
I've been getting 36+ challenges since Prophecy (with the exception of Essence), and have had a couple 40 leagues (Legion and Blight) but this certainly won't be a 40 league. I feel the way about Delirium that felt about Synthesis. I really struggled to get 36 that league and thought about giving up a few times. Just like Synthesis, I'm not really a fan of the Delirium mechanic. I'm not into the gotta go fast full map clear in 30 seconds game play. Most of the time I can play how I want and be fine but not with this league. It absolutely kills me that I have to not loot during Delirium and then backtrack. Ugh.

That said, I'll suffer with it in-so-far as I need to to get my 36 challenges and then move on. I'll probably remember this as one of my least favorite leagues, up there with Synthesis, Essence, and maybe Bestiary. I haven't given up on you guys, though. PoE is my addiction so I'm always excited to see what's next.
personally i like horn's(not helmets).
it's the 1st time i had so much time to play and decided to get the cloak(24)
i think i'll try for 25.
The wing still look bad even after the rework.
as for the challenges it feels a lot harder i think got to 19 in 2 weeks last league and it took me 4 weeks to get 24 this league i also played a lot more and 5 of them i got in the last 2-4 days.

as for other leagues personally i dont think ill ever go for 36 or even 24 again as a bad player it really burn me up playing this much.
Very cool across the board! The challenges this league have been great. First time I ever I think that I will hit 40/40 without buying a single thing from /820. Lack of RNG is much appreciated.
Last edited by Gescom on Apr 9, 2020, 9:41:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info