The Plague that is GGG's "Trade" system. & the Predatory dance feeding its lowkey P2W mechanism.

"
satanttin wrote:
TL;DR "op wants an action house" lol

Nice counterargument. Nice.
Nice.
Niceeeee.
"
luka2113 wrote:
I play PoE from 3.0 and dont have more than 3000 h.
It took me first time when i got to maps to see that trading is shit in this game.
Gues i am smarter than u.

I like you!
You would make a good wife!!!
"
allionus wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:

Nice.
Niceeeee.
wasn't an argument. just shortened your overly long complain that u want an AH. go back to school!

also ur using the meme wrong ffs<_<
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Fapmobile wrote:
People will never be happy.

Those with common sense don't want an auction house for obvious reasons named too many times since the game launched.

Stop treating the game as a job and you become slightly happier.

Lmao, if you took the first step of defending them, you might as well take another little baby step and make a point.
"
satanttin wrote:
"
allionus wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:

Nice.
Niceeeee.
wasn't an argument. just shortened your overly long complain that u want an AH. go back to school!

also ur using the meme wrong ffs<_<

I really am not.
The more that image appears in quotes, the more powerful it gets!!! MUAWHAHAHWAHAUWUHAHAH!!!!
"
allionus wrote:
The more that image appears in quotes, the more powerful it gets!!! MUAWHAHAHWAHAUWUHAHAH!!!!

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Luca_GGG on Mar 3, 2020, 9:05:53 AM
that's how u use a meme properly
"
allionus wrote:
"
Nidal wrote:
One more time then. the hassle of trading that you describe and the difficulty of knowing the value of alot of items keep them off the market

alot of us currently have the lootfilter ping us when something good drops, we dont really know how much its worth but put it in the stash for later (never)
All my stashes are full at the end of the league, probably yours too

if its easy and quick, more items gets listed
if you can put your item up for auction with no b/o, it all hits the market

you increase supply, value goes down (and saturates demand). everything but the most rare items become worthless

other games gets around this with limits. they make items bind on pickup or equip. alternatively reducing droprates by alot
no game has pulled off free trade with an AH, there no reason to think PoE would be the first

PoE has free trade and its fantastic. you can buy, use and resell any item you find and even make profit when demand increases, almost everything you find has some value

its not good enough to say you dont believe it or lets try
all other game acknowledge the issue by limiting trade. the issue makes perfect sense. and the only similar game that tried it had exactly the expected problems and is a very good example (why they dont like hearing it)

All these people wanting an AH just wants it. they have no idea how and dont care, just GGG fix it

there is no conspiracy. they have created one of the best economies in any game. good for them if they sell some stash tabs and make money :)

The problem with lootfilters, if you have experienced it, is how slow it is to adapt, sometimes items values suddenly rise or fall with no respective update to the filter. Many items are missed out (there are videos where lootfilter hides Savior lol).

I certainly don't suggest allowing no buyout price when listing items. If they list no price, then it should be purchasable for absolutely nothing. So basically it should be turned into a free item. This will give a good shake to the habitual pricefixers/weird showoffs.

This economy looks good only to people who love GGG to the point where they don't want to acknowledge an unwanted flaw. There is no "conspiracy". There is fact. You should expect them to know all the different places their money is coming from, and what is making people buy what. They know how a stash works. They know how the trade system works -They are the architects of every single aspect of it.

It has been kept precisely this way because of the extra $$ it helps them squeeze out of people who otherwise aren't interested in paying for cosmetics.

Sure, AH aren't perfect. The point is not to invalidate AHs because they're not the perfect solution. The point is that they are a MUCH MUCH BETTER option than what exists now. The economy is already poisoned by the Fixers, Flippers, Flexers, Snipers, RMTers( I DO NOT SUPPORT RMT IN ANY WAY, I DO NOT, NO, NON, NEIN! GGG, I DO NOT SUPPORT THE AFOREMENTIONED, T&C VIOLATING ACT! NOTICE NOTICE!!).

None of what you are saying here adresses the issue of the inevitable increase of supply and items becoming more or less useless, there is so much stuff in peoples stashes right now that anything not super rare would immediately become dirt cheap. just me as a nice item example got 2 tabulas in the stash i cant be bothered to sell (theyre just a good example, since they not super rare but rare enough that i dont see them dropping without the div card more than maybe once in a league) there would be 100s of new tabulas on the market
either the economy gets ruined, or they reduce droprates to the point where youre unlikely to even ever get a tabula not to mention anything more valuable. or they need to put BoE limiters on items. i much prefer the system that we have right now

and funny enough, i havnet had the issues you mention. expensive items are pretty often immediately responded too, new listings on cheaper items are also usually quick easy buys. just realize there is scammers. double check listings, check your trade window. be cautious youre dealing with people. its a free market and we have to take some responsebility ourselves

PoE got a very fair free to play model. definetly possible to enjoy without ever spending a cent. trying to get people to buy at least a stash tab is fair enough and theyre not pushing very hard

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
GGG will be walking on the high wire without a net. One wrong move and it'll mean their death. The same holds true for the current PoE economy.

This is (sadly) true when it comes to trading. One wrong move, be that AH or whatever, can mean their death. And that's the main reason why we don't see any noticeable changes to trade. It is what it is, and it's far from perfect, but changing it may be catastrophic.

"
Arrowneous wrote:
However, any one defending the current trade chat mechanics doesn't see the problem clearly. Since any type of AH is going to foobar the item chase that isn't ever coming to PoE and that's good. The way forward with trade chat is to integrate GGG's own item search function into the game so that {ALt}TABing out to find an item isn't required. I've had way too many mysterious Metamorph crashes because of {Alt}Tab (PoE is being interrupted at just the wrong time) and GGG should have integrated the search into the game years ago. Then when we do find an item to trade for we only need to click a single button to whisper the seller. If in-game the seller should be able to respond without leaving the zone/map currently in. Streamlining trade-chat is what's needed, not replacing it.

I agree. I'm not one of those people hating on the current system, because I understand why things are the way they are, and I understand that MUCH more than trading will change the moment they rework trading. But the fact that they haven't implemented the current search function into the game, is beyond me. I'm struggling hard to understand it. It should be implemented right away, and at the same time, close the public API, and get rid of live searches.

I agree with some of it, but disagree with most. The whole "this will destroy GGG" is an unfounded exaggeration.

They have done dumb stuff before. They left some exploits open for WEEEEEEEKS, where people milked the hell out of it and got the power to tilt large chunks of the market in any direction they want. Just recently they forgot to make Awakener's orb ignore Metacrafting mods, which people again exploited the hell out of, and now have items they sell with mirror services ad infinitum.

And it should be remembered, with EVERY NEW LEAGUE, THE ECONOMY STARTS ANEW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info