The Plague that is GGG's "Trade" system. & the Predatory dance feeding its lowkey P2W mechanism.

"
Oh man, I'm new to the game as in been playing for a day only and this thread has me so confused already but I am not going to form an opinion without playing the game for at least a month or so.

I have been playing ARPG's since forever when D2 came out and D1 as a kid.
I've also been playing WoW since 2007, a couple years after it came out but these are 2 vastly different games; one having an AH and one that did not.

With D2, if anyone that has ever played it or still plays it now you will know how insanely annoying it was to have "mules" to hold all your stuff since each char could only hold a few items. There was no shared stash etc...

If you wanted to trade something you'd have to make private games with a very short title listing the name of the item you wanted and can have up to 7 people join your game to bid/chat.
I understand this is archaic but it had an element of socialization at least which I hope that in PoE there is/we have some kind of form?

As for stash space in PoE or if it's even enough; I can't form an opinion and I don't understand what this premium stash tab thing is? Is that something you have to buy in order to unlock however the trading system works in PoE? And if so wait a couple weeks for a sale?

Couple quick things, since you're new. Stash tabs go on sale at least once a month, usually on weekends. They announce it in game.

Premium tabs are tabs that you pay GGG for through the mtx shop that allow you to publicly list items with prices on pathofexile.com/trade and poe.trade etc. when someone wants an item you've listed they'll send you a message saying something along the lines of "Hi, I'd like to buy your Itemname listed in stashtab name listed for x currency. It may or may not have coordinates to the specific item as well. People will try to scam you and lowball you etc. Keep an eye out.

As to stash tabs themselves, there's many kinds of premium tabs. The standard beginner pack is currency, map, fragment, and essence (not an actual pack but what most beginners buy) There's also quad tabs (four tabs in one) Fossil tabs, divination card tabs, etc.
3 false statements in the 3rd paragraph already, is it worth continueing? Feels like it's another one of those feedback threads where OP hasn't read a single trade manifesto.
Perception is reality.
"
widardd wrote:
3 false statements in the 3rd paragraph already, is it worth continueing? Feels like it's another one of those feedback threads where OP hasn't read a single trade manifesto.

They probably read GGGs manifesto but they really really want an AH so cover your ears and eyes and just keep whining about it until GGG somehow magically solves the issue no one else can.

While at it they should ask their governments to print more money so everyone can be a millionare
"
Nidal wrote:
"
widardd wrote:

They probably read GGGs manifesto but they really really want an AH so cover your ears and eyes and just keep whining about it until GGG somehow magically solves the issue no one else can.

While at it they should ask their governments to print more money so everyone can be a millionare

You probably couldn't muster a counterargument which is why you're off-tangent and tossing ad homs instead...so, sure, keep skipping the read you probably couldn't...
Back from my day off in the city. Let's flipping jump into it!!!
"
jdilly23 wrote:
Business attempts to make money, profound.

They didn't make a life-saving vaccine and charge sick people for it.

They made a video game for people to enjoy recreationally and monetized it. This shouldn't make you upset or drive you to write up some big rant on how you're the victim of predatory tactics. This shouldn't even be a conversation. It is totally expected and acceptable for them to make some money.

You are firstly assuming that i am "upset or ranting". You are doing this to give you "advantage" in whatever you are going to say next. Which was "me being a victim". It's not about me. It's about what THEY(GGG) are doing.

You still haven't refuted a single point.

You simply went on a Reflexive Defending stance. Which I already asked you not to do in my sidenote.

They're not your friends. They are not your tribe. They are not your herd. You have a pseudo-attachment to them. And it is clouding your ability to make an actual refutation to my points.

P2W.

Edit: oh yeah you also tried derail the whole argument by throwing in the "life saving vaccine" thing. You should avoid being compelled so hard by your unknown mechanisms.
Last edited by allionus on Mar 3, 2020, 6:22:40 AM
"
pr13st wrote:
Imagine bitchin' about a free game lmao

Nice non-argument.

This is basic poopoo-flinging, which I asked people to avoid doing near the end of my post, broski.
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
Wait, what?! You're telling me they want to make money off those 60 bucks supporter packs they're selling me?! Fuck them, I thought I was just paying cost of material.

I really don't think that's the main concern though. Big money is obviously behind reskinning a (already ridiculously overpriced 26$) Cat and selling it for 27,5$ a piece. Also lootboxes.
Yes, they intend to clutter us, and that is fine to a degree. I still thing improvements to trade could be made without hampering their income...

Precisely.
They "issue" with selling storage space, and then Selling an "upgrade" to the same storage space, just to allow the player to use a FEATURE OF THE GAME, which Directly links to How many items they can list for sale, and ultimately, about how much currency they let a player make.

Their aim in pricing storage space, is to prod the players who would otherwise not spend their money on "vanity/Cosmetic" MTX. Since their overpriced Cosmetics are mostly for "whales" or players who are "in love" with the game and enjoy spending money on Visually a e s t h e t i c stuff. They have found a special pinch point which forces a much much larger playerbase to spend their money "not entirely out of their own volition".

That makes it pay 2 win.
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
Wait, what?! You're telling me they want to make money off those 60 bucks supporter packs they're selling me?! Fuck them, I thought I was just paying cost of material.

I really don't think that's the main concern though. Big money is obviously behind reskinning a (already ridiculously overpriced 26$) Cat and selling it for 27,5$ a piece. Also lootboxes.
Yes, they intend to clutter us, and that is fine to a degree. I still thing improvements to trade could be made without hampering their income...

Edit: And I certainly don't find it appalling when they would sell storage while providing ALL players with an EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY ingame Trade system, An OPTIMIZED system that doesn't intend to bottleneck The speed at which player items move out of stash through sales. At that point, extra storage would become a matter of "convenience", rather than " artificially exacerbated necessity",which is predatory since they Deliberately keep the Trade system so absurdly ancient lol.
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
"
Nidal wrote:
"
widardd wrote:

You probably couldn't muster a counterargument which is why you're off-tangent and tossing ad homs instead...so, sure, keep skipping the read you probably couldn't...

Ive written plenty of arguments for no AH in this thread already. my comment about having the government printing more money is relevant in the sense that that too would be ignorant, we can predict how it would go and we have examples to back it up. we do not need to try it

We know peoples stashes are full of items we think got value or the lootfilter deemed valuable but we dont know how to price or not worth the hassle to list
We know making trade easy, simple and quick will have people putting all of these things up for sale, increasing supply. we know when supply increases value decreases and demand eventually saturates. and we know if you want the items to keep value, they have to be made more rare so they get listed less
you can go ahead and tell me why more items wouldnt get posted or why more of them wouldnt decrease their value

and then we also have a great practical example in D3 that tried and failed.
it wasnt RMAH that caused the problem. it was the fact that for items to have value and be able to be sold for ingame or cash. they had to be very very rare
or they get worthless when hundreds or thousands of players sell them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info