The Plague that is GGG's "Trade" system. & the Predatory dance feeding its lowkey P2W mechanism.

I play PoE from 3.0 and dont have more than 3000 h.
It took me first time when i got to maps to see that trading is shit in this game.
Gues i am smarter than u.
People will never be happy.

Those with common sense don't want an auction house for obvious reasons named too many times since the game launched.

Stop treating the game as a job and you become slightly happier.
......so if you have been around since pretty much the beginning, you should know what the devs want poe to be......Granted it HAS changed since way back when, but in my opinion, the trade and economy of new leagues is why i come back time and time again. There is no ah, there is no "trade system" implemented, it is just exiles, playing the game. It actually reminds me of trading, before all the big name games, made people lazy as hell with "easy" trades. I have been playing since around the beginnings, and i am by no means an expert, or have the time to play like some people do, because real life happens to me on a daily basis. But i keep coming back to this game time and time again, and i really hope they don't take stupid ass shit like this seriously. Don't take fun out of a game, because people are too god damn lazy, to actually put in some effort to make a god damn sale.
Last edited by CryformeSky on Mar 2, 2020, 11:45:00 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
Yet another lost soul thinking AH is the way to go, yet no succesful ARPG Hack'n Slash game has ever implemented an AH without serious controversy

Probably because ARPG fanboys are brain-stuck on being able to trade with other people for items in a hyper-RNG impacted game (and last I checked they complained about people having API access and poe.trade too...so SSF became a thing, and next to no one plays it. Ironic.). If anyone is a lost soul around here its the people who keep begging for a revolution in ARPG but refuse to allow things that have never failed in any other genre (*GASP*) with the exception of poorly monitored, Chinese-botted games like WoW to be included...

------

And lets knock lets knock this fucker back to the core issue: GGG not even having a in-game trading dock/search menu where they could at least be a bit more justified in not allowing automation or API access (inb4 some re-twit thinks the API access items from a separate DB than the game like the last time I brought this up...).

Nothing in the mantra-infested-o about that, is there? So what's with that? Time? They're blowing time on a mobile port (or at least hired a 3rd party who could have worked on the desktop client instead...)
Money? Ten-cents.
Code? It's the library for how they make any other menu. Duh.
Focus? Repeat above, and league UI has to be pumped out HELLA fast if they're already set to update the just recently added Atlas addition...and I'm sure as all hell the only part of the current web-trade that was difficult was the GRAPHICS which they wouldn't need to change much in-game at all.

So if you want to have a middle ground start there...not like bots don't already bot the web-portal with the "Live Search" feature, so what the fucks the difference...
WOW give this intelligent man a clap. Clap clap clap

You sir finally figured it out, a company wan't to make money. Congratulation. You deserved those cookies and milk. enjoy

clap clap clap

PS: i played d3 with AH/RMAH and i like it because i made money on it. But the sistem was broken with it.

PPS: maybe you should try to inform yourself a little bit about a game you gonna whine about and see what developers is aiming with the game. They don't hide it
Lots of us dont want a middleground. the fact that you dont want to bother with alt/tabing keeps you from using it more than necessary
make it easier and more things gets listed, droprates will need to be adjusted or limits put in place (functioning economy and free trade is one of PoE best features)

what you guys really need to understand is they can not make changes to trade without upsetting another big part of their player base who like it the way it is and been supporting until now because of that (and no those players arent streamers, bots or pricefixxers even if thats how you would like to make your argument)

there are very valid arguments against AH stated several times, that are very hard to argue (supply will increase, and when something becomes more common it loses value and demand can be satiated)

changing the game to appease loud whiners on the forum (and understand that players who are happy with trade wont come to the forum making threads about it)
would be bad business

not happy, go play something else but dont ruin other people fun

"
elesham4ever wrote:

"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
elesham4ever wrote:

;
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
No game will be perfect. All have strengths and weaknesses and dumpster fires.

Trade in this game is a dumpster fire, always will be.

We could trade 1,000 arguments (and we have) but at the end of the day, its slightly amazing to me that anyone, dev or player, gets behind the idea that gating mechanics by creating intentionally frustrating, clunky, and annoying mechanics is a good idea.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info