When people say PoE has no competition...

Damn i though Torchligh frontiers was already dead, then i read the post above:

"
https://www.torchlightfrontiers.com/en/news-article/11014403?fbclid=IwAR0JprVVNp5wu0Gy74GxhaB6n8etzvupEQZedwrSRh6iq19IAX-l_g54lds

Let me tell you what that means. ULTRA retarded drop chance, literally non existent, and all kinds of potions and P2W shop items to boost it.

The thing that hurt me the most was the name at the bottom...Max Schaefer.

If you think that stash tabs are P2W, then better prepare yourselves.

"

I did slaughter every ARPG in that list btw

Even last epoch?
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Katalaeia wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:
p2w in a mainly singleplayer game? xD

Here's the devs' post that started the whole "wtf" reaction.

https://www.torchlightfrontiers.com/en/news-article/11014403?fbclid=IwAR0JprVVNp5wu0Gy74GxhaB6n8etzvupEQZedwrSRh6iq19IAX-l_g54lds

A few tidbits:

"
We believe that you should earn your game play rewards through adventuring and killing monsters! However, we understand that some people's time is constrained by real-life responsibilities, so within reason we will allow for limited acceleration of various metrics, like gold, luck, etc. Whenever possible, we think these powers should be shareable with your friends, and will still require that you earn your loot through adventuring.

"
We believe that normal gear, like your armor and primary weapons should be attainable only by adventuring and finding them. That said, we may sell some special items, like specific Relic Weapons. If we do, we will always strive for there to be a reasonable way to attain or craft them through normal gameplay.

Which is then followed by
"
We reject "pay-to-win".

We'll see how it turns out, I guess, but for now it's a hard pass for me.

Wow. That's definitely some have your cake and eat it too type verbiage from the developer.
Last edited by Nubatron on Jul 12, 2019, 10:36:44 AM
That's really not pay to win though. I'm sure most active players will buy drop boosts, so they're really just heavily promoting party play with that, the same way as every other game does, they're just smart enough to get paid from it. And Relics won't be better than any others, you're just paying for early access to new gameplay.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
That's really not pay to win though. I'm sure most active players will buy drop boosts, so they're really just heavily promoting party play with that, the same way as every other game does, they're just smart enough to get paid from it. And Relics won't be better than any others, you're just paying for early access to new gameplay.

You just described pay to win. ARPG with boosters is the absolute pinnacle of P2W. Item based RNG game that has boosters to swing the RNG in your favor. And oh boy oh boy...if they decide to put content that cannot be soloed, then you will see how smart their are when the game gets buried straight to hell.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Jul 12, 2019, 10:50:26 AM
OP they mean it has no competition, none of the games on your list aside from D3 are actually in the same space.

Its like saying DMC5 competes with Sekiro, they are both action fighting games afterall but they really aren't that similar.

Someday PoE will have some competition but as of yet it doesn't, many of us have played the ARPGs on your list but we don't go back to them because they don't really ask us to. I love grim dawn but I don't play it every 3 months.
double post
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Jul 12, 2019, 10:53:49 AM
"
Kasapnica wrote:

You just described pay to win. ARPG with boosters is the absolute pinnacle of P2W. Item based RNG game that has boosters to swing the RNG in your favor. And oh boy oh boy...if they decide to put content that cannot be soloed, then you will see how smart their are when the game gets buried straight to hell.

Far from pinnacle of P2W. When you've got games like GW2 letting you buy everything in the game with real money. Then other games just letting you buy max level characters. I don't see why all you people are such jealous babies about what other people have in games.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"

It feels like the goalpost on P2W is moving slowly over time. The game developers have (unfortunately) done a good job of rebranding what P2W is.

Getting items, xp boosts, attribute increases or anything in the game that accelerates your progression is clearly P2W. That's practically the definition of P2W.
Last edited by Nubatron on Jul 12, 2019, 11:02:09 AM
"
"
Kasapnica wrote:

Far from pinnacle of P2W. When you've got games like GW2 letting you buy everything in the game with real money. Then other games just letting you buy max level characters. I don't see why all you people are such jealous babies about what other people have in games.

Don't use strawman please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info