When people say PoE has no competition...

"
Kasapnica wrote:
*snip*

Yes it's an MMOARPG (That's what I meant about the camera shit.), just like Torchlight Frontiers is. And Neverwinter is 1000x more P2W than that will be, and it's a great game. Neverwinter has a completely reasonable amount of grind in it, that you can pay to skip. How does that take away from how good it is at all? All you can say bad about these things is that you can't handle people getting more than you in games. Which would only be the case in Torchlight if you choose for it to be that way.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
"
Kasapnica wrote:
*snip*

Yes it's an MMOARPG (That's what I meant about the camera shit.), just like Torchlight Frontiers is. And Neverwinter is 1000x more P2W than that will be, and it's a great game. Neverwinter has a completely reasonable amount of grind in it, that you can pay to skip. How does that take away from how good it is at all? All you can say bad about these things is that you can't handle people getting more than you in games. Which would only be the case in Torchlight if you choose for it to be that way.

Just say you defend the P2W and be done with it... what's the point of this argument anyway?

"What's the problem with paying money to skip content and get ahead of people".

Typical defender of every game that's in maintenance mode. "It's not P2W, you can get it, don't be jealous of people that skip everything with money".

That's all im getting from you TBH. Show me how someone opens the shop in PoE and gets ahead of me.
I never claimed to be anti-P2W. P2W only benefits games for everyone, what makes games bad is when a game is made to be payed to get through. Doesn't make Torchlight P2W though.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
I never claimed to be anti-P2W. P2W only benefits games for everyone, what makes games bad is when a game is made to be payed to get through. Doesn't make Torchlight P2W though.

That's why all of them are either dead or in maintenance mode. You mistake convenience with P2W.

Currency stash tab= convenience
Level 110 boost in WoW= convenience
30% quantity of dropped items potion= P2W

Both will affect your performance but only one is mandatory to succeed. There is no such thing as fair P2W, if it exist the developer will make everything possible to force it. All the way till the very end, and that end is usually ugly.

That's all there is to it.

On a side note, i do think that PoE needs at least 2-3 more free stash tabs.
"
Kasapnica wrote:

That's why all of them are either dead or in maintenance mode. You mistake convenience with P2W.

Currency stash tab= convenience
Level 110 boost in WoW= convenience
30% quantity of dropped items potion= P2W

Both will affect your performance but only one is mandatory to succeed. There is no such thing as fair P2W, if it exist the developer will make everything possible to force it. All the way till the very end, and that end is usually ugly.

That's all there is to it.

On a side note, i do think that PoE needs at least 2-3 more free stash tabs.

Why do you need everything to be a competition? Why can't you just play a game and enjoy it? Also Neverwinter is going strong, they just switched to PoEs system of a new mod every 3 months. And Warframe is huge and completely fair, while still letting you buy progress.

Edit: I'd like to see someone who paid their way to max mastery get into any endgame content in WF. Edit edit: Also the point of this argument is I'm bored, idk what's up on your end.
Last edited by LV9999Majin on Jul 12, 2019, 4:45:07 PM
WF is fine, its a fair system where knowledge allows you to trade for enough Platinum to never feel pressured towards the market.

NW is definitely not doing fine.

And yes, people pretending to be good while they skip everything with their credit cards is something i despise. And that's exactly what happens in every single P2W game.

A fair terrain with fair FTP model like PoE is how you do it. Same goes for LoL, CS, DotA etc. Money literally don't do shit for you, that's how it should be, and competition is good. If its fair that competition will help the game and make an actual community.

Imagine what shit WoW would of been if you can throw 100$ and buy your mythic raiding gear. Do you think that's fine, simply because "why you care about what people do?".

Never ever a P2W game succeeded in the west, and trust me, it will never will.

You throw examples straight from google, thing is i played those examples, and i know why they aren't in the "P2W" corner. Except NW, but the WF was a bad example, its like someone throwing PoE in theirs.

You don't understand what locking boosters and gear behind money truly does to a game. And believe it or not, humans are competitive by nature, so good luck changing that on a large scale. If Joe can throw 200$ and get 3 years ahead of me, then this game can go fuck itself. I don't know about you but i believe that one must earn their worth both in life and in game.

If torchlinght puts boosters and items in the shop, and introduces non soloable content to promote party play, while stimulates the ugre to buy these items, its certain death.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Jul 12, 2019, 5:01:04 PM
I haven't googled a thing. Makes me think you have though.

And torchlight isn't locking any gear behind a paywall, it's offering earlier access to class augments that aren't any better than the regular ones, and you can get them yourself. And offering a probably miniscule drop rate booster that you can get for free by partying with other people, and you may even be able to earn them in-game. And is saying they plan to change up their business model, which could be good or bad.

Edit: I forgot to comment on the WoW thing, they sell level skips. Which is a lot harder to earn than raid gear once you're there. Edit edit: I did actually google that GW2 thing though when another guy brought it up yesterday. That's why I didn't use that after the first comment. I've never played that one.
Last edited by LV9999Majin on Jul 12, 2019, 5:09:53 PM
"
Kasapnica wrote:
WF is fine, its a fair system where knowledge allows you to trade for enough Platinum to never feel pressured towards the market.

NW is definitely not doing fine.

And yes, people pretending to be good while they skip everything with their credit cards is something i despise. And that's exactly what happens in every single P2W game.

A fair terrain with fair FTP model like PoE is how you do it. Same goes for LoL, CS, DotA etc. Money literally don't do shit for you, that's how it should be, and competition is good. If its fair that competition will help the game and make an actual community.

Imagine what shit WoW would of been if you can throw 100$ and buy your mythic raiding gear. Do you think that's fine, simply because "why you care about what people do?".

Never ever a P2W game succeeded in the west, and trust me, it will never will.

You throw examples straight from google, thing is i played those examples, and i know why they aren't in the "P2W" corner. Except NW, but the WF was a bad example, its like someone throwing PoE in theirs.

You don't understand what locking boosters and gear behind money truly does to a game. And believe it or not, humans are competitive by nature, so good luck changing that on a large scale. If Joe can throw 200$ and get 3 years ahead of me, then this game can go fuck itself. I don't know about you but i believe that one must earn their worth both in life and in game.

If torchlinght puts boosters and items in the shop, and introduces non soloable content to promote party play, while stimulates the ugre to buy these items, its certain death.

I'm a bit late to this convo so please do correct me if this has been mentioned.

1. Neverwinter has some P2W elements, but the endgame gear is locked behind doing the content. Plenty of time savers and the abiltiy to buy your way through the AH, but it falls short of people that actually play.

2. You can buy boosters in WF & Dauntless for more current examples, and previously Marvel Heroes (which failed mostly due to leadership and development)

3. Elements of P2W are up for debate(stash tabs, maps tabs, currency tabs) for example. People have some different opinions on this. I tend to say those are not P2W but I'm open to hearing the efficiency debate as essentially a booster for PoE.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
I haven't googled a thing. Makes me think you have though.

And torchlight isn't locking any gear behind a paywall, it's offering earlier access to class augments that aren't any better than the regular ones, and you can get them yourself. And offering a probably miniscule drop rate booster that you can get for free by partying with other people, and you may even be able to earn them in-game. And is saying they plan to change up their business model, which could be good or bad.

Edit: I forgot to comment on the WoW thing, they sell level skips. Which is a lot harder to earn than raid gear once you're there.

I indeed googled Torchlight, the dude gave a straight link to the developer QA. That's what started it all.

WoW level skip is a lazy yet profitable way for blizzard to not bother with the bullshit that stacked over 16 years of development.

Its not the old slow leveling where you learned to be social, play your role and interact in order to overcome. Now its a chore that doesn't teach you literally anything. Sharding ruined the social part of leveling, you oneshot every single mob, instances are brainless button mash.

That leveling is simply not worth it, and thats why there is a skip, you even get one for free when you buy the expansion. It is a bad example, skipping a pointless chore doesn't equal P2W, because it's pointless...literally. And that is a game i wasted years and years in.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

Grim Dawn is a different type of game, more single player chill oriented.

It's not a different type of game at all. Don't mix up this economy /trading driven shit for a genre.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info