When people say PoE has no competition...

...what you really mean is that it has no competition that's toppled it yet. PoE does have competition - Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, Wolcen, Torchlight 2, Last Epoch, Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr, etc.

These are all ARPGs.

Doesn't matter if you think they're not good enough - that's my whole point. If you really wanted to play an ARPG and PoE didn't exist, you'd be playing one of these (or any others I've missed). PoE has competition - it's just outcompeted them all so far.

Update:- Inquisitor-Martyr just recently got a major overhaul and a standalone expansion. Here's ZiggyD's take on it now - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2616351
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 9, 2019, 4:05:19 AM
Last bumped on Aug 9, 2019, 4:02:26 AM
Torchlight is old

Wolcen goes through a development hell.

Diablo 3 is dead, killed by its creators.

Grim Dawn is a different type of game, more single player chill oriented.

Warhammer I've seen some videos and looks more like an action game.

Last Epoch lacks the number of people and so they suffer from slow updates. Also - still beta.

Also the last paragraph - you cant know that. Maybe I'd simply spam play Overwatch instead of playing an ARPG, or play a MMO.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Jul 12, 2019, 4:56:49 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Torchlight is old

Wasn't Torchlight 2 released around the same time as POE?
2012, PoE released in 2013 so 1 year. Do note that Torchlight 2 did not stay around for long. The only thing which kept it alive were mods.

A new Torchlight is coming however.
"
Exile009 wrote:
...what you really mean is that it has no competition that's toppled it yet. PoE does have competition - Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, Wolcen, Torchlight 2, Last Epoch, Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr, etc.

These are all ARPGs.

Doesn't matter if you think they're not good enough - that's my whole point. If you really wanted to play an ARPG and PoE didn't exist, you'd be playing one of these (or any others I've missed). PoE has competition - it's just outcompeted them all so far.

None of these games even begin to scratch the surface of what we could call "competition" there is currently no game on the market, other than Path of Exile, that offers the quite frankly insane amount of content, replayability or trading system like Path of Exile.
"
Grauthrim wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

These are all ARPGs.

None of these games even begin to scratch the surface of what we could call "competition" there is currently no game on the market, other than Path of Exile, that offers the quite frankly insane amount of content, replayability or trading system like Path of Exile.
trading system lol
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Let's break this down.

D3: Yeah it's competition but it's not competition
Grim Dawn: Same verse second as the first.
Wolcen: In Early Access to early to tell.
Torchlight 2: Eh scratches a different itch.
Last Epoch: Same as Wolcen.
WH ARPG's: Mostly Early Access so same as LE and Wolcen.
Last edited by AldarisGrave on Jul 12, 2019, 8:04:12 AM
!
Last edited by trezorzetto on Jul 12, 2019, 6:42:42 AM
for me, if it had type a run of 7 days .... not the same as we have, who arrives at such level first, but the one who kills faster (fast in the sense of efficient) uber / elder HCSF
this is a fair race, now race of who arrives first at what level, this is for idiots/no life
Last edited by trezorzetto on Jul 12, 2019, 6:44:59 AM
"
satanttin wrote:
"
Grauthrim wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

These are all ARPGs.

trading system lol

I like it, so do many other players. It's similar to Diablo II which Blizzard seemed to completely forget when they made Diablo III

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info