Path of Exile: Legion Teasers

WTF!!!!
AWESOME!!!!
Glancing blows for Sovynn's Lazy Pally, YESSSS!!!!!

Also, weapon range QoL looks cool.
Will there be other massive changes to melee acendancies in this patch or in the near future patches? This Chieftan change looks really nice with more nodes to choose from. I really hope the other acendancies get the same treatment.
Was there a specific reason for removing totem taunt from chieftain? not a lot of builds were using it for taunting specifically but i still felt like it was a good part of the node as a defensive mechanic.
Why was to weaken the chieftain (after all, this change is a weakening)? It is played by 1.3% of the players. Previously, he had 10 skills and was balanced. Now, some of the skills are simply divided into two, and to get the same bonuses, you need to spend more points. In order to make a build with a cyclone with health regeneration as before, I need nodes 14-16, but I also need penetration resistance, node 12 (and this bonus used to be in node 14). Now I need a regeneration - node 1, but I have only 2 points left, but I need 4. I used to have enough points to make my build, now I don’t. Question: why weaken the chieftain? Do the same with the other subclasses so that the bonuses of the nodes are split in two. This change looks silly to anyone who has played this class. (by the way the same situation with totem build). totems are no longer taunt, the nodes strengthening them were divided
So Legion promises to make melee worthwhile yet almost every equip-able item revealed so far helps spell casters & summoners. SMH
Last edited by Stubby83 on May 30, 2019, 8:31:12 PM
New chieftain allows Life RF to run with over 60% life regen with life recovery rate while affected by vitality watchers eye, elder belt, and 2 Kaom's way. Life rf can finally somewhat compete with LL Guardian RF, NICE.
Last edited by Seanana on May 29, 2019, 10:00:23 PM
I want that ammy >_<.
*foaming at mouth be like: gh ghr e blll*
Last edited by GrayR on May 30, 2019, 5:11:22 AM
"
ZaruenVoresu wrote:

I dunno.. POe is not really a casual game for casual gamers.. you would be laughtede at ton reddt foor asking a hardcore game to be catered to casuals.

Look what happened to D3 when it started catering to the casual crowd.

While I like casual games..,. Path of exile is one of the few hardcore games i donot get tired of very easily... so i would prefer not turning it into diablo 3 .5

I get your point, but the term "casual" in PoE is quite different than in the other titles. I have around 1500 hours over last 5 years. Of course, it is casual for reddit standards, but also quite devoted in terms of "real life" standards (62 full days in total), i.e., family, job, etc.

What I have observed over these 5 years, is that the leagues are becoming more and more elitist. When I have started, it was perfectly fine to play almost SSF, do some occasional trades, and pray for a six-link. Nevertheless, you never felt being punished for playing at slower pace, less efficient, and not trading so much. Accessing all content was a simple matter of time and skills. Sure, RNG was there, but the content was not gated behind so many layers of it. For example, look at the temple fragments or delve splinters. Simple, accessible content.

Do not get me wrong - it is still a great game, and I really enjoy its complexity, e.g., trying my own builds, tweaking the others. It is just a feeling that too many RNG gates are being added in the recent leagues. Of course the feeling is personal and everybody will have their own threshold, but mine is passed.

Cheers!
DI ignite inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3080303/
(retired) MoMMeme hiero: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2487766

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info