Path of Exile: Legion Teasers

Will it be safe to assume that there wont be challenges thats purely reliant on RNG?

Also when are you going to release the challenges list?

Thanks!
No to conditional challenges on top of RNG pure luck mechanics.
Last edited by LeknaatTrueRune on May 27, 2019, 3:40:30 AM
"
vio wrote:
the positive thing about the new league: we aren't able to corrupt notable passive points. yet.

I think you missed the screenshot of the corrupted frenzy notable into a life notable from the ranger part of the tree.

Which I can't find now >< that said the preview one on the League promotion page shows a different icon for the "Shaper" Notable near scion
Last edited by ValheruWolf on May 27, 2019, 4:40:27 AM
"
boomwolf wrote:

(...)

Wouldn't it be far better to do a system that is far less "amazingly lots of variation of small changes" and instead set up a set that is predictable, easy to read, and meaningful?
Even with just 1 gem per legion, without any random seed shenanigans, if each gem is meaningful and has a predictable effect-you could very well plan a build around one even if you are not top-of-the-top
Doubly so if you can assure getting one from some sort of super-late-game side quest reward.

(...)

Making exclusive stuff for the 0.5% is silly. the 0.5% can be easily engaged by making content for everyone that simply scales up.
Like, I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure plenty of the more casual players are equally not excited about the gems, or new new uniques, or the div cards-because its practically just more trinkets added to the loot table, not something we actively look for.
(...)

THIS!

As a casual player, I cannot agree more. When playing a league, I would like to be able to see almost all the content it offers. After seeing synthesis teasers, I did not even bother to start (I only did the flashback for some uniques). Too many layers of RNG becomes repulsive at some point.

Just to give a few examples - I haven't met Aul, I haven't killed legendary beasts without trading, I haven't even unlocked all syndicate and temple mods in standard despite many hours of playtime there. This is just ridiculous. I have literally zero problems with the hardest game content, I can facetank Shaper, etc., but yet I cannot access simple stuff because of so many RNG layers.
DI ignite inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3080303/
(retired) MoMMeme hiero: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2487766
To all speaking for casual players, i am one as well. Have been playing since beta and I disagree. I quite enjoy seeing what you call the 5% figure out and do. I remember thinking Id never do atziri or elders but i can now, albeit several seasons after their initial release. I also enjoy watching the streamers that could do it (kripp, morse, ziggy, willywonka, raiz, ghazzy, pohx, havoc, etc etc)

As far as the changes - they look neat to me. Im looking forward to seeing the debates and builds that encompass them, so I can copy them lol.

I also would never expect a company to dumb down their game so people who play a bit here and a bit there get the same level of completion as those who play determinedly - it takes the reward and feeling of accomplishment away, and in my opinion hurts the overall game.

I respect your opinions, but they are not everyone's who are causal.
Not all casual players are unhappy.
Last edited by woogles on May 27, 2019, 11:38:37 AM
"
ValheruWolf wrote:
"
vio wrote:
the positive thing about the new league: we aren't able to corrupt notable passive points. yet.

I think you missed the screenshot of the corrupted frenzy notable into a life notable from the ranger part of the tree.

Which I can't find now >< that said the preview one on the League promotion page shows a different icon for the "Shaper" Notable near scion

yep, didn't follow the news, thought more of a "vaal orb a passive point" :)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
"
RPGlitch wrote:
70% * 75% = 52.5%

2 * 52.5% = 105%

... which means you can hit 100% glancing blows.

As for the guardian build, that's pretty insane. I didn't know they were that good (seen no builds online, only play solo, never played guardian).

The "glancing blows" passive doesn't play nice with ES, though, as you want to block all damage frequently so ES recharge can activate on a more frequent basis. If you have an example of a life build that's basically unkillable, then that would be interesting to know about.

glancing blow is especially good with es aegis aurora builds, we might see some retaliation skill rewoek aswell, this might be the main strengh of this keystone, also this is probably not meant to be a full block node but rather a way to got some reliable results from block at low investment and to buff high armor builds (aegis aurora once again) it will be op. also spell block is a pain in the ass to get nowadays so this node is very good at least for that spell block part
pop corn raging spirit build????
"
boomwolf wrote:
"
TheExile777 wrote:
"
boomwolf wrote:
I still find it a bit funny they made a big deal out of the corrupt keystones, and having a random seed increasing variety even more...

But how on heaven's name is it something useful for the game.
Unless we assume the seed is irrelevant, even if there are mere 5 seeds per jewel, its 25 tree changes per jewel location, not to mention what happens when they overlap being a complete unknown.
That's 25 new skill trees that make or break entire builds. at least yellow seem to effect only the keystone, so its not TOO wild, but Its safe to assume it has more effects than just Dance with Death.

Unless some really important info is missing here, this is something only the most hardcore of optimizes can afford to even bother look at. its just way too many possibilities that are dominated by complete unknown (trial and error to reveal the seed effect, seriously?)

And then once the optimizer find the handful of seed combinations that make up a good build, depending on the number of seeds each of these has, it could be that trading for them is completely beyond budget for almost everyone.

Like, I get it that GGG want to keep putting stuff for the uberlate game and the hardcorest of players, but when the "big thing" of the league seems utterly irrelevant to 95% of the players, I just don't see the logic.
I mean, most of us will never even bother learning what the jewels do, seeing the teasers so far make them seem to have countless possibilities. I know I wouldn't.

I get your point, but at some point you will belong to the 5% and want more of a challenge. I totally agree but let's hear you in 3 years (me since 2012).

I won't be.
I don't have nearly enough time to sink into the game to be part of that 5% who is effected by super-high-tier. heck, I've yet to manage to get to the shaper! (thought I'll do it in synt, but alas reality struck and my time gor slashed. maybe in legion.)

But that's not the point.
This new legion gem system was obviously a sink for a lot of work, and its not something that scales. you either are from the top 5% (heck, top 0.5% probably) who will figure out the one gem they care about, or the rest of the game who wouldn't bother looking.

And when a mechanic is so niche that the average player won't even bother looking to say "cool", even if he can't use it, then what's the point?
Its like setting up decorative art buried inside the foundations of a buildings-nobody is ever going to see it.

Wouldn't it be far better to do a system that is far less "amazingly lots of variation of small changes" and instead set up a set that is predictable, easy to read, and meaningful?
Even with just 1 gem per legion, without any random seed shenanigans, if each gem is meaningful and has a predictable effect-you could very well plan a build around one even if you are not top-of-the-top
Doubly so if you can assure getting one from some sort of super-late-game side quest reward.

It would take not much more work that way, if any-and it will let everyone engage at it at some level. your 0.5 would still squeeze them to kingdom come (and start doing combos with double-triple-quad char runs for the lategame quest to get multiple gems) the same way they do anything else-but your average player would get to mess around with them and perhaps try something new he couldn't before.

Making exclusive stuff for the 0.5% is silly. the 0.5% can be easily engaged by making content for everyone that simply scales up.
Like, I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure plenty of the more casual players are equally not excited about the gems, or new new uniques, or the div cards-because its practically just more trinkets added to the loot table, not something we actively look for.
The only new content so far in this expansion I'd get to engage with is the battlezones, who are cool and all (and the "pick your difficulty" system seems nice), but that's just more monsters to mash, and seeing how the game devolved to hyperspeed clear-is it really that much of new content? I mean, more often than not I have no idea what mobs I fight to begin with-everything is over too fast for me to even look at their mods...

personally i expect the legion jewels to each only have 1 set of of an effected skill tree so basically 6 skill trees to look into playing with but remember you are limited to 1 of these jewels at a time
also due to the image file names on the main release page we do know the names/nations of the 5 legions
Vaal (red)
Eternal Empire (yellow)
Karui (green)
Maraketh (orange)
Templar (grey?)
from what i have seen so far it is probably only the Vaal one the completely changes the skill tree and others probably only effect keystones but there is no evidence for this other than the Vaal one changing everything though non of the other images i have seen look like they effect anything but keystones but we have not seen anything for the Templar legion jewel yet
Edit:
or i am wrong and the jewels are symbol based not color based as despite being green the Power of Purpose keystone is in an area with the Innocence symbol of the Templar jewel but a green colour to match the Karui jewel
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2507916
Empowered by the divine, you fear no weapon of man.
Last edited by durandle_ on May 28, 2019, 3:19:44 AM
I just wonder when the banning peoples for "buying" stuff starts :
- Before or after they have bought sufficient "expansion supporter packs" ?
I was silenced for telling the name of USA president for 40 days.
I was silenced for stating "I am Jesus" for 5 days.
Maybe it is time the deeds of the moderators to become public, so peoples understand that they hired a cheap mods which enforcing their "woke" agenda on players.
Last edited by BlazeSTX on May 28, 2019, 7:58:41 AM
"
"
boomwolf wrote:

(...)

(...)

(...)

THIS!

As a casual player, I cannot agree more. When playing a league, I would like to be able to see almost all the content it offers. After seeing synthesis teasers, I did not even bother to start (I only did the flashback for some uniques). Too many layers of RNG becomes repulsive at some point.

Just to give a few examples - I haven't met Aul, I haven't killed legendary beasts without trading, I haven't even unlocked all syndicate and temple mods in standard despite many hours of playtime there. This is just ridiculous. I have literally zero problems with the hardest game content, I can facetank Shaper, etc., but yet I cannot access simple stuff because of so many RNG layers.

Thanks, exactly what i was thinking and i am also something like a casual
Last edited by Dontriuu on May 28, 2019, 11:37:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info