Path of Exile: Legion Teasers

cant wait
"
LeadRaven wrote:
"
"
OMG, why so many talking about Glancing Blows? It keeps incoming DPS absolutely the same! Benefits are more effective armor, more on-block effects, less damage spikes.

No it doesn't. Blocks that would absorb 100% of incoming damage now absorb 50% of incoming damage. What changed is that you don't need to waste tons of passives on capping your block. Now you can waste them to go crit for example. And guardian skill rework compliments this change. So no its not the same at any level what so ever.. its better.

You block 2 times more hits but take half of blocked damage.
In example you described, with same crit-oriented tree you will suffer exactly the same overall damage with or without Glancing Blows.

O my God... you will have less spikes but over all you'll have 30 more passives to compensate for damage = building a better character. Why is this so hard to fathom ?

Melee mapping was good enough without major investment... Melee bossing was dog shit compared to spellcasters. Running around and auto nuking the boss is better than tanking the boss and doing shit damage cause you don't have 30 ex to invest in gear. This means damage mitigation is same or a bit better since you have options to invest in more armor via THOSE PASSIVES THAT YOU DON?T HAVE TO WASTE TO CAP YOUR BLOCK ( specially with gladiator). I don't even know how to explain that this nod is best thing that happened to melee classes. Block now will become meta for melee.
Last edited by Malamojapruskisatelitu on May 31, 2019, 3:45:32 PM
"
"
OMG, why so many talking about Glancing Blows? It keeps incoming DPS absolutely the same! Benefits are more effective armor, more on-block effects, less damage spikes.

No it doesn't. Blocks that would absorb 100% of incoming damage now absorb 50% of incoming damage. What changed is that you don't need to waste tons of passives on capping your block. Now you can waste them to go crit for example. And guardian skill rework compliments this change. So no its not the same at any level what so ever.. its better.

You block 2 times more hits but take half of blocked damage.
In example you described, with same crit-oriented tree you will suffer exactly the same overall damage with or without Glancing Blows.[/quote]

O my God... you will have less spikes but over all you'll have 30 more passives to compensate for damage = building a better character. Why is this so hard to fathom ?

Melee mapping was good enough without major investment... Melee bossing was dog shit compared to spellcasters. Running around and auto nuking the boss is better than tanking the boss and doing shit damage cause you don't have 30 ex to invest in gear. This means damage mitigation is same or a bit better since you have options to invest in more armor via THOSE PASSIVES THAT YOU DON?T HAVE TO WASTE TO CAP YOUR BLOCK ( specially with gladiator). I don't even know how to explain that this nod is best thing that happened to melee classes. Block now will become meta for melee. [/quote]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yep now you will have more passive to compensate for damage, 50% damage is enough to prevent 1 shot in most case, this is also really useful for mechanic such as gain 40 life or mana etc everytime you block since we can cap block without too much investment. I didnt like the rng behind block because if you didnt block as a gladiator you could literally get one shot, now less investement into block= more defensive stats somewhere that isnt rng or more damage!

Edit: oops i fucked the quote!
Last edited by dragonpowi on May 31, 2019, 5:24:08 PM
I am actually quite fond of chieftain. I'm very excited to see it getting some love this next league. One my favorite characters of all time was my Ngamahu Cyclone Chieftain in 3.5. So many options are opening up with cast while channel. There is an awesome theory craft for a cyclone, rf, cwc BV chieftain out there that sounds awesome conceptually.
"
Arastreet wrote:
I am actually quite fond of chieftain. I'm very excited to see it getting some love this next league. One my favorite characters of all time was my Ngamahu Cyclone Chieftain in 3.5. So many options are opening up with cast while channel. There is an awesome theory craft for a cyclone, rf, cwc BV chieftain out there that sounds awesome conceptually.

Yup, thought about something like that as well. Cyclone cast while chaneling BV sounds nice.
But I will probably stick to Ngamahu Cyclone and use cast while chaneling to apply Flamability, while Infused Chaneling buffs me for free^^
Changes to gladiator ascendancy is so small and insignificant compared to chieftain. I am disapointed. I think that glad would still be very unpopular.
Good stuff.
In response to the "sin eater" scepter: Please, no more sha*t, useless fluff foil uniques, why? We have plenty of these, p l e n t y.
Last edited by GrayR on Jun 1, 2019, 5:27:14 AM
I guess it is time for me to check out mellee characters 💪
Plz dont forget to add a small AoE to ancestral protector totem like you do to all single target skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info