Path of Exile: Legion Teasers

"
Dontriuu wrote:
"
"
boomwolf wrote:

(...)

Wouldn't it be far better to do a system that is far less "amazingly lots of variation of small changes" and instead set up a set that is predictable, easy to read, and meaningful?
Even with just 1 gem per legion, without any random seed shenanigans, if each gem is meaningful and has a predictable effect-you could very well plan a build around one even if you are not top-of-the-top
Doubly so if you can assure getting one from some sort of super-late-game side quest reward.

(...)

Making exclusive stuff for the 0.5% is silly. the 0.5% can be easily engaged by making content for everyone that simply scales up.
Like, I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure plenty of the more casual players are equally not excited about the gems, or new new uniques, or the div cards-because its practically just more trinkets added to the loot table, not something we actively look for.
(...)

THIS!

As a casual player, I cannot agree more. When playing a league, I would like to be able to see almost all the content it offers. After seeing synthesis teasers, I did not even bother to start (I only did the flashback for some uniques). Too many layers of RNG becomes repulsive at some point.

Just to give a few examples - I haven't met Aul, I haven't killed legendary beasts without trading, I haven't even unlocked all syndicate and temple mods in standard despite many hours of playtime there. This is just ridiculous. I have literally zero problems with the hardest game content, I can facetank Shaper, etc., but yet I cannot access simple stuff because of so many RNG layers.

Thanks, exactly what i was thinking and i am also something like a casual

I dunno.. POe is not really a casual game for casual gamers.. you would be laughtede at ton reddt foor asking a hardcore game to be catered to casuals.

Look what happened to D3 when it started catering to the casual crowd.

While I like casual games..,. Path of exile is one of the few hardcore games i donot get tired of very easily... so i would prefer not turning it into diablo 3 .5
GOD DAMN!
You can catch these pledge of hands.
Witch-chan used Double Slap!
Poggers
Figuratively frothing at the mouth to see new beserker. Fingers crossed for Raider update!
Buff Ancestral Call Please!!!
this gem lowers a lot of damage
Hi Bex,
For QoL, could you also add a link to the original post under the image inside each spoiler ?
Maybe not the old ones, but from now on ?
Thanks !
"
Why would you want Glancing Blows? I am obviously missing something here. But all I think is that I'd rather block 50% or more of the time and take no damage, than block more often and take half damage...?

Its like you people don't really understand this game at all. 50% damage mitigation is what makes you being able to regenerate your life more effectively and just tank and spank whilst literally ignoring up to 30 passive points for pathing towards block nodes. Equip shield + Glancing Blow with Gladiator and voila you're capped. Go dual wielding with Gladiator and take that node, you're capped. You already can mitigate tons of spell damage with basic 75% cap resistance + 50% damage reduction + reworked guardian skills + mana conversion into armor... you don't even need flasks ffs. It is already obvious to me that melee with this node will dominate. And people that talk about phase acrobatics being better, they don't play HC. Damage mitigation always wins damage avoidance.
"
durandle_ wrote:

from what i have seen so far it is probably only the Vaal one the completely changes the skill tree and others probably only effect keystones but there is no evidence for this other than the Vaal one changing everything though non of the other images i have seen look like they effect anything but keystones but we have not seen anything for the Templar legion jewel yet

The teaser for Power of Purpose shows two notables (Lava Lash and Champion of the Cause) and a strength node changed by the jewel while the minor nodes are unchanged.

So there are most likely at least 8 different versions for each jewel - based on which node types will be changed (assuming Keystones will always be changed) even if the changes are fixed for each faction.

Overwriting STR/DEX/INT nodes will probably be very popular.
"
"
Why would you want Glancing Blows? I am obviously missing something here. But all I think is that I'd rather block 50% or more of the time and take no damage, than block more often and take half damage...?

Its like you people don't really understand this game at all. 50% damage mitigation is what makes you being able to regenerate your life more effectively and just tank and spank whilst literally ignoring up to 30 passive points for pathing towards block nodes. Equip shield + Glancing Blow with Gladiator and voila you're capped. Go dual wielding with Gladiator and take that node, you're capped. You already can mitigate tons of spell damage with basic 75% cap resistance + 50% damage reduction + reworked guardian skills + mana conversion into armor... you don't even need flasks ffs. It is already obvious to me that melee with this node will dominate. And people that talk about phase acrobatics being better, they don't play HC. Damage mitigation always wins damage avoidance.

OMG, why so many talking about Glancing Blows? It keeps incoming DPS absolutely the same! Benefits are more effective armor, more on-block effects, less damage spikes.
"
I dunno.. POe is not really a casual game for casual gamers.. you would be laughtede at ton reddt foor asking a hardcore game to be catered to casuals.

Look what happened to D3 when it started catering to the casual crowd.

While I like casual games..,. Path of exile is one of the few hardcore games i donot get tired of very easily... so i would prefer not turning it into diablo 3 .5

i never said i want the game to be casual, i like the way it is even when im kinda casual and dont play that much

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info