GGG completely blew it - I quit

so your ONLY reason to play is to gather currency.. it means that you either: misunderstood what this game is all about or were hurt much more REAL in the currency department

anyway, if you measure your progress with currency.. cool. to each its own. but youll find others might be not seeing the matter in the same way you do
"
sidtherat wrote:
so your ONLY reason to play is to gather currency.. it means that you either: misunderstood what this game is all about or were hurt much more REAL in the currency department

anyway, if you measure your progress with currency.. cool. to each its own. but youll find others might be not seeing the matter in the same way you do

You USE currency to play the game, no matter how much you have it.

Hopeless.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
sidtherat wrote:

Oh man, you are so thick on purpose sometimes.
You say currency got nerfed, may I ask how? I did a quick skim through the patch notes a moment ago searching for "orb" and "currency" and I found nothing outside of updating legacy uniques and whatnot. I don't think GGG would intentionally nerf the drop rate of currency and not tell you.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Mar 6, 2018, 1:05:28 PM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
You say currency got nerfed, may I ask how? I did a quick skim through the patch notes a moment ago searching for "orb" and "currency" and I found nothing outside of updating legacy uniques and whatnot. I don't think GGG would intentionally nerf the drop rate of currency and not tell you.

If you are mapping you should notice the absurd net drop rate. Every time a currency item drops it can be anything from a transmute to a mirror, and also a net. Right now it seems like 90% is a net.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Sure, high tier content having a significant currency cost is a part of their design and they never changed it. Going by what we know of their design goals, the way it's supposed work is something like this - you do the high tier content for the league challenges but it should be a loss otherwise and either hard or impossible to self sustain by just picking up currency. You farm to stay afloat as long as possible and are expected to use other ways of earning cash, scamming noobs for example, because cutthroat.

At least that's the design goal, sometimes it really was the case and sometimes it wasn't.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 6, 2018, 1:10:36 PM
"
Miská wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

If you are mapping you should notice the absurd net drop rate. Every time a currency item drops it can be anything from a transmute to a mirror, and also a net. Right now it seems like 90% is a net.

Are we 100% certain the nets are interfering with normal currency drops and not in their own drop pool, though? I've definitely seen handfuls of them drop (most of them 1-3 tiers lower than strong steel), but I can't imagine them disappearing is going to give me a noticeable increase elsewhere.

"
raics wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Sure, high tier content having a significant currency cost is a part of their design and they never changed it. Going by what we know of their design goals, the way it's supposed work is something like this - you do the high tier content for the league challenges but it should be a loss otherwise and either hard or impossible to self sustain by just picking up currency. You farm to stay afloat as long as possible and are expected to use other ways of earning cash, scamming noobs for example, because cutthroat.

At least that's the design goal, sometimes it really was the case and sometimes it wasn't.

Stop reminding me how good Harbinger league was at sustaining higher maps on drops alone. :<
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Mar 6, 2018, 1:14:01 PM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

Hopeless.

what?

isnt this exactly what currency is for? to use it up?

maybe culture i come from is different but here where i live money not spent is money wasted. it is WORTHLESS. you wont take it to the grave. you spend it to experience something. (or to survive but i understand we are not talking about basics here)

so what is your point? that you earn less now than before? does it stop you to play the game in any way? not to mention that game got to the point you can beat entire game with pathetic budget and if everything else fails you can chaos-recipe your way to 'victory'

your reaction is pretty disproportionate to changes (what changes, you havent yet named them) and i start to suspect there is something more REAL going around here

"
raics wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

I am aware of this design and goal. Tier 13 is high tier and something that 90% of the players won't even get to. Tier 13 map is 3C because of the high value of chaos, there is no reason to use map mods because of how cheap IN CHAOS a map is. Map prices will only fall.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Are we 100% certain the nets are interfering with normal currency drops and not in their own drop pool, though?

That would be really strange. Haven't noticed anything is off myself, the amount of currency I was getting through the campaign seemed normal.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info