GGG completely blew it - I quit

"
vio wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
vio wrote:
if ggg wouldn't permanently change the best ways of getting (relatively) rich (compared to other players) by shifting metas, the game would be boring and long dead

What is rich? Being able to play the core of the game? Man, I wish I was rich then! You're arguing against a point that has never been made. Able to profit = / = getting rich.

my point is: "being rich" is always relative to the whealth of other players.

the top 10% players end a league with 40 exalteds on average, you got 30, you were good.

next league top 10% ends up with 80 exalteds cause breach happened and/or some mechanic that requires substantial playtime rewards players with items everybody wants (atlas of worlds - shaper for example), you got 30 ex, you were bad.

I can hop in at any time now and be rich, I've been one of the richest players every league but there is no point for currency if it has no use. I'm not going to acquire 40 EX to craft items that will sell for less of what they're worth.
A cool example to you - Last league if I spent 400C on crafting a foil, it would sell for 500C. Now if I want to sell the same foil that I spent 400C crafting on, it will sell for 250C because everyone has less currency available. The chances of something being rolled is fixed by GGG.
If I spent 10C( which is a fixed price by GGG) on a map, I ended with 16C afterwards. Now if I spend 10C, I get 8C, a loss.

"
bwam wrote:
Wahaha

@OP: I read what you wrote. Some thoughts:

1. "DEFICIT": You keep using this word... I do not think it means what you think it means.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
This game currently has a lot of things but none of them actually matter at all, literally half of your options will cause you a deficit on average, no matter what you do or how good your game knowledge is.

2. If you played SSF, you'd feel very differently about some of the opinions you asserted -- for example, about Opal rings and how crafting them isn't worth it bc you don't want to waste your precious trade currency at a "deficit" (LOL).

3. It's not the game, it's how you're playing it. (See 2.) The game is in the best state it's been in so far.

1. I'll help you out buddy.

deficit
ˈdɛfɪsɪt/Submit
noun
an excess of expenditure or liabilities over income or assets in a given period.

You have a T13 map, you use a Zana Map Mod, you complete the map, you return from the map with 2C less than you started with. Voila, deficit! Wahaha

2. Jesus christ, the SSF argument is the most obnoxious and dumbest one of them all. No I don't want to play only a small part of the game only. Yes, I do like to play, trade and communicate with other players.

3. Yes, running alch maps for 12h per day non stop like a zombie is not a game worth playing for me.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Well lets be real here ok... Even IF currency drops were nerfed 75% of ALL wealth is mostly gained from trading anyway in the end... i sure as fuck dont drop 100+ exalts in a league... Last league for example i brought over 95 exalts with me after a few last minute purchases (To profit on std rates ofcourse) And of those 95 which at the height of the league was around 120-130ex i only actually FOUND 4 on the ground...

Point stands with what i said before.. if something changes.. you Adjust and Evolve. If you had no issues making plenty of currency to fund your endeavors before there should be no issues now. Make adjustments to your farming strategy and trading strategies as needed and things should be no different.

Smart and savvy players will generate piles of currency much like the leagues before. And with there being so many possible ways to generate wealth in POE if you find yourself no longer able to generate wealth at any point thats an issue with YOU! Theres way too many ways to generate wealth in POE for any one single change to make such a profound difference as you suggest OP...
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Additional note: maping is a currency sink by design. That is on purpose to remove currency from the game.

And if your only goal while playing is currency warehouse mannagement. Sure. But i still think you picked up wrong game.

Not to mention that you can make currency easily even in standard and without fliping - even with stuff like prophecies etc.

Simply applying breach plus biscos wasnt smart (maybe it made.people think they are smart but that is only an illusion exile) it was cheating the system. Breach gave riddiculous rewards (these rewards made it so popular - noone uses vaal breach for fun..) and items like biscos made the problem even worse

"
Demonoz wrote:
Well lets be real here ok... Even IF currency drops were nerfed 75% of ALL wealth is mostly gained from trading anyway in the end...

And from who do these "TRADERS" get their currencies from? Oh yeah, they pick them up!

There is a REASON why T13 maps are so cheap compared to last league. They're not rare, they're as sought after as last league, the chaos is just 3x more valuable. You can adapt and evolve to 99% currency drop nerfs too, it doesn't mean that it's a welcome or good change.

I don't care about hoarding money, I can be the top richest player at any time I want as I have all other leagues, even when I take a month break mid way and start from 0. I want to USE my currency and play the game, not collect it.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Therkwar wrote:
or you can enrage it at 5% hp only to accidently kill it and contgratulations you waster even more time.......

not to mention the nets and how hard it it to capture something if you have culling strike (slayer) and can oneshot everithing ...........

Never saw the first one happen except the first day before they lowered the red beast threshold, after that I've been using mostly lower tier nets because I forget to switch and nothing escaped from 5% life or under.

Oneshotting makes capturing easier, not harder, toss a net, oneshot, done. You won't ever see a monster enrage if you use a slayer.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 7, 2018, 5:05:40 AM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
A cool example to you - Last league if I spent 400C on crafting a foil, it would sell for 500C. Now if I want to sell the same foil that I spent 400C crafting on, it will sell for 250C because everyone has less currency available. The chances of something being rolled is fixed by GGG.
If I spent 10C( which is a fixed price by GGG) on a map, I ended with 16C afterwards. Now if I spend 10C, I get 8C, a loss.

As I said before, the mapping cost is the way things should be working so all well and good there.

However, I'll agree that crafting is in a bad place after dabbling in it myself for a time, but having a subset of people knocking the currency price down wasn't the right way to go about it. Maybe the problem now becomes more apparent without the bandaid and they solve it in a way that benefits everyone, so this could be a good thing in the long run.

Last edited by raics on Mar 7, 2018, 5:08:44 AM
Hope not to derail, but I got interested in the "servers suck" part.
Because last few days I have the worst server experience in past three years. EU gateways. I even had to switch to predictive to be able to play at all. Hope this one gets somehow addressed.

My guess (as a developer) is either the servers are under bigger load than before, or maybe the Bestiary feature added some extra communication? (~the one that puts "NEW" or net symbol on the fly over various beasts, that gotta get updated often I guess)

"
aldorus wrote:
Hope not to derail, but I got interested in the "servers suck" part.
Because last few days I have the worst server experience in past three years. EU gateways. I even had to switch to predictive to be able to play at all. Hope this one gets somehow addressed.

My guess (as a developer) is either the servers are under bigger load than before, or maybe the Bestiary feature added some extra communication? (~the one that puts "NEW" or net symbol on the fly over various beasts, that gotta get updated often I guess)

i didnt have any trouble for a long time now.
which gateways did you try? sometimes it can be a gateway problem and the servers are running fine.
There was some instability for maybe an hour mid first day, and a server crash the night before last, other than that I noticed nothing of note. Using the London gateway, it has the fewest jumps and it's the most stable one for me, you can check it for yourself with winmtr.

Last edited by raics on Mar 7, 2018, 6:41:28 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

As I said before, the mapping cost is the way things should be working so all well and good there.

However, I'll agree that crafting is in a bad place after dabbling in it myself for a time, but having a subset of people knocking the currency price down wasn't the right way to go about it. Maybe the problem now becomes more apparent without the bandaid and they solve it in a way that benefits everyone, so this could be a good thing in the long run.

You are still living in the stone age, mapping like you describe it happened 10 leagues ago. The last 10 leagues however, you could invest currency into mapping and make some extra back. By using sextants, zana mods, utilizing the league mods, vaaling maps etc. Risk vs reward. It made the game less reliant on trade for wealth only.

I'm getting so tired of the parrots in this thread that can only come up with 1 argument 'breach spoiled you'. People make currency and use it as a means to an end, many league players don't give a crap about how much wealth they have, but everyone needs it to fullfil their goals. Stop hating on people that are a little bit more ambitious then you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info