GGG completely blew it - I quit

if ggg wouldn't permanently change the best ways of getting (relatively) rich (compared to other players) by shifting metas, the game would be boring and long dead
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
if ggg wouldn't permanently change the best ways of getting (relatively) rich (compared to other players) by shifting metas, the game would be boring and long dead

What is rich? Being able to play the core of the game? Man, I wish I was rich then! You're arguing against a point that has never been made. Able to profit = / = getting rich.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Still quitting?
"
Nubatack wrote:
Still quitting?

Absolutely. If GGG changes something quick, I might give it another shot. Although I feel like the changes will be probably too late to spark interest in me again, who knows. If the changes never happen, I'm done for good.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:
So let me get this straight... Changes were made because everyone and their sister was litteraly flocking to the same thing because it was the hands down best/easiest way to acquire wealth...

And now your not only Surprised by them changing this but actually pissed?

There is a massive difference between playing smart and grinding mindlessly. I'm pissed because my options are limited to only one option. Half of the game that exists and has existed is deleted from the game simply because it's not worth doing.

I was rich as fuck every league so I know how to make loads of currency, I can do that right now as well but even if there is something broken now. For what will I use it?

Crafting is always a deficit
Investing more in maps is a deficit

^^^^^^^^^^^

That's literally the whole core of the game that is gone. It's no different from a cookie clicker where you just hold 1 button down for hours so you could press another click in a different place to upgrade yourself.
You haven't even played Bestiary, please. Also you're strawmanning to the max and can't tell the difference between speed of acquiring wealth vs being ABLE to acquire wealth.

i really do not understand your point

you are angry because you 'are not able to acquire wealth' quickly? and line before that you tell us that you wouldnt have used that wealth anyway because it is 'not worth it'

so your entire point of playing this game is to get richer in game? what is the point you are making?

if you do not find the game fun (the act of playing the game, killing mobs etc) and you are so heavily interested in gaining currency.. only the three-letterish-shortcut comes to mind because i simply cannot find any other explaination

the line that is most unnerving is 'if i have 10000 chaos i wont spent them on harb mods because they are not worth it'. for me it is insanity.. so what you play this game exactly for?

are you angry that others acquire wealth with similar speed you do? that your fav method of acquiring wealth got removed? i simply do not get that. currency not used is worth nothing and you certainly are not using it because - your words - you are not gaining enough from using it

so whats the point?
Last edited by sidtherat on Mar 6, 2018, 12:00:31 PM
is that you Thad?

I dont see any any key!
"
sidtherat wrote:

so whats the point?

How is this a difficult concept to grasp?

You CANNOT use 90% of the tools in the game because they will cause you a loss. It's not about getting RICH it's about being ABLE to use them because you LOSE from USING them no matter what because there are FIXED VALUES for crafting, rerolling, masters, map mods.
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Mar 6, 2018, 12:19:09 PM
so i still do not get what you want

because these tools are tools to make game more fun: diverse, add additional challenges, stuff to 'do'

you look at it PURELY from the financial standpoint. here is a hint: mapping and crafting are currency SINKS by design. this stuff slows down the inevitable inflation game with infinite currency generation (drops) always fall to

and the goal of this game is to kill mobs, make your char stronger and kill stronger mobs etc

making currency is just a mean to that. not the GOAL. if it is for you, sure, you can make up your own goals. but maybe - just maybe - youve picked up the wrong game if all you want is making money
Let's assume GGG listens to your complaint, what exactly do you want them to do? I've read your OP a couple times and the best I can understand (okay, I also just woke up so my mind is still a little fuzzy) is that you don't like how much of a grind it is to utilize beastcrafting plus currency is rarer and exploiting sextants isn't a viable option.

Am I understanding this correctly?
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Mar 6, 2018, 12:41:46 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
so i still do not get what you want

because these tools are tools to make game more fun: diverse, add additional challenges, stuff to 'do'

you look at it PURELY from the financial standpoint. here is a hint: mapping and crafting are currency SINKS by design. this stuff slows down the inevitable inflation game with infinite currency generation (drops) always fall to

and the goal of this game is to kill mobs, make your char stronger and kill stronger mobs etc

making currency is just a mean to that. not the GOAL. if it is for you, sure, you can make up your own goals. but maybe - just maybe - youve picked up the wrong game if all you want is making money

Da fuck is this logic. These tools were made for us to lose our progress? "Wowee I sure am having fun spending 6C map mod on this map that will give me 1C in return, great fun! Also it's such a crazy challenge to kill Harbingers!" Yeah no, you need to stop blindly defending everything.

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Let's assume GGG listens to your complaint, what exactly do you want them to do? I've read your OP a couple times and the best I can understand (okay, I also just woke up so my mind is still a little fuzzy) is that you don't like how much of a grind it is to utilize beastcrafting plus currency is rarer and exploiting sextants isn't a viable option.

Am I understanding this correctly?

No, beastcrafting is simply a waste of time, nothing else to it. There is absolutely no real reason to do it aside from "doing something different".
No, you literally get less currency than before, I don't even care about sextants.

As soon as they revert the currency changes, everything should be back to normal like the whole game so far is balanced around. I don't even care if Bestiary is garbage, I can play this game on it's own as well but not in this state.
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Mar 6, 2018, 12:50:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info